Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
I lost 36 lbs in 5 months

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: I lost 36 lbs in 5 months  (Read 24114 times)

Sanchiaza

Re: I lost 36 lbs in 5 months
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2010, 11:26:01 AM »

Hi Fangfang

I confess that the closest I've come is lemon squeezed into water - I keep falling asleep before I can organise to eat half a lemon before bed  :( But, tomorrow is another day and I'll sort it out and let you know  :D

hopefulskeptic

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2010, 03:30:01 PM »

Hi - I'd love to try this too. Just to confirm - you take a half of a lemon and eat the whole thing, even the rind? Do you wait an hour after you take your oil? Thanks so much!
I'm 5'7. This is my second round with SLD, and I'm in my fourth week.

Fangfang

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2010, 07:49:04 AM »

yes they said the most important thing is the rind, p.s.  I didn't eat the seed

I was not taking oil at that time, so you'd better keep the time window if you are to take the oil and the lemon

and one trick is nose-clipping

I'm now in 47kg, waist kept well.

hopefulskeptic

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2010, 05:45:39 AM »

Interesting! Thanks for responding. I will have to try it!
I'm 5'7. This is my second round with SLD, and I'm in my fourth week.

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2010, 04:07:58 PM »

UGH! you couldn't pay me to eat lemon for the life of me. But DH does.
And yet I squish lemon in almost every drink I take (last fad of mine: iced coffee, homemade, with chia seeds).
fangfang how great to hear from you ! and 47 kg.... my lowest adult weight ever. Hmmmm hmmm how tall are you girl?
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

SaintD

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2010, 05:12:38 PM »

UGH! you couldn't pay me to eat lemon for the life of me. But DH does.
And yet I squish lemon in almost every drink I take (last fad of mine: iced coffee, homemade, with chia seeds).
fangfang how great to hear from you ! and 47 kg.... my lowest adult weight ever. Hmmmm hmmm how tall are you girl?

Try eating the peel and the flesh in the same bite. It's weird but they sort of cancel each other out.

Sanchiaza

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2010, 12:13:15 AM »

My reflex lecturer mentioned that she ate half a lemon every day when she was pregnant with her youngest. He apparently has the most amazing skin, which she puts down to the lemon. Lemon is also apparently very good for alkalinising the body - weird considering how sour they are!

I still can't get it together to eat one before bed, so I'm going to try eating one when I wake up. Heh heh, better than coffee as a wake up call, maybe  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maychi

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2010, 05:55:20 AM »

Well, I took the plunge last night and it wasn't half as horrible as I thought it would be. Like SaintD said, the sourness of the flesh and the bitterness of the peel seem to cancel each other out. I now have to find a good, reliable supply of organic lemons and see what happens....

shovelqueen

« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2010, 08:52:27 AM »

What about pureeing a half lemon, peel and all, add sweetener or stevia and dilute with water for "lemonade"?  Would that be easier to take? 

"Strength, balance, joy!"

Maychi

« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2010, 11:41:59 AM »

SQ, that would be far too much work for me  :lol:. I'll just keep chomping my way through the whole half, at least it keeps my jaws in action and happy to have something to work on in the evening. But I do soak it in some water for an hour or so and then drink the water. Here's me talking like a pro, when I've only done it the once :roll:. I just hope that they really are organic lemons, otherwise god only knows what poison there is on the peel...

Fangfang

« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2010, 07:45:31 PM »

TO Pinkmug, I'm 156cm,a  normal and a little bit short in average height in Chinese girls

TO All: I must add some details here, yes, it's hard to take it....I cut it into pieces and squeeze the juice into water, drink the juice and eat the pieces one by one. You can add some honey (bee) to make it taste better.

Or you can put it into a blender.

Wish you get good news after try :)

Sanchiaza

« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2010, 04:30:16 AM »

So I could probably add salt if I wanted?  :D Great, that makes me feel better about it!

The peel and the flesh are fine. It's the white stuff that I find offputting. Brrr!

mrbarnett21

• Live Laugh Love
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2012, 07:58:52 PM »

Hi everyone,

This is a late post to give you the good news, yes, I made it, so many thanks to Professor Seth, thank you for your great experiment and the genus method, and all the friends in this forum, I'm new to you, but I've read many of your posts and ideas and experiences, thank you for your sharing!

OK, this is my story:

I'm Fangfang from Beijing, China. I was 63kg(139 lbs) when I started SLD (1 year and 4 months after giving birth to my daughter)and I was 48kg(106 lbs) before I got pregnant, after 5  months in SLD, I reached 103 lbs and have maintained this weight for about 40 days now.

139 lbs on May 06, 2009, 103 lbs in Oct 06, 2009, 7.2 lbs lost average in each month, and much more than this, I get rid of my ’fatty liver‘, improved my hyperlipidemia for 1/3 of the LDL, and wear back all my old slim clothes, this is a big change to my life and I'm so happy with this!

One of my friends introduced SLD to me after I hurt my muscle in jogging...I used canola oil mainly, from supermarket, switched to Flaxseed oil and Grapeseed oil some times. I just swallow it with hot water, with nose clipped, not blending. I eat much less than usual, and eat almost nothing except oil and 3 meals a day, not much exercise but 20 minutes walking twice a day.

Still, many thanks to you all! Wish you have your own target reached in a planned schedule, you can make it too!

And thank you again, Professor!

These kind of results in just 5 months time is phineomnal! I am happy for you.
Live Laugh Love
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18