Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
I lost 36 lbs in 5 months

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: I lost 36 lbs in 5 months  (Read 25520 times)

Re: I lost 36 lbs in 5 months
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2009, 10:07:56 AM »

Hi everyone,

This is a late post to give you the good news, yes, I made it, so many thanks to Professor Seth, thank you for your great experiment and the genus method, and all the friends in this forum, I'm new to you, but I've read many of your posts and ideas and experiences, thank you for your sharing!

OK, this is my story:

I'm Fangfang from Beijing, China. I was 63kg(139 lbs) when I started SLD (1 year and 4 months after giving birth to my daughter)and I was 48kg(106 lbs) before I got pregnant, after 5  months in SLD, I reached 103 lbs and have maintained this weight for about 40 days now.

139 lbs on May 06, 2009, 103 lbs in Oct 06, 2009, 7.2 lbs lost average in each month, and much more than this, I get rid of my ’fatty liver‘, improved my hyperlipidemia for 1/3 of the LDL, and wear back all my old slim clothes, this is a big change to my life and I'm so happy with this!

One of my friends introduced SLD to me after I hurt my muscle in jogging...I used canola oil mainly, from supermarket, switched to Flaxseed oil and Grapeseed oil some times. I just swallow it with hot water, with nose clipped, not blending. I eat much less than usual, and eat almost nothing except oil and 3 meals a day, not much exercise but 20 minutes walking twice a day.

Still, many thanks to you all! Wish you have your own target reached in a planned schedule, you can make it too!

And thank you again, Professor!Congratulations..... thank you for the details.

Fangfang

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2009, 11:54:32 PM »

hi Tandoori Trilobite, thank you for the information you added, it's great that you have no fatigue, I didn't feel that cold before SLD, at first I guess it's because I lost the 'coat of fat' but it was summer I should not be so cold anyway.

hi Karky, you story inspired me much and I learned many from your method. And thank you here you made it more clarified for what I said 'damages to my endocrine system', I have no low thyroid levels history and haven't got any medical check after SLD (I did one before SLD and it's normal), so how do you think this, is it related to SLD? Or how to prevent if it happens in SLD?

Hi, 4038898185, you are welcome, sometimes I guess no carb just add power on our will to lose weight and it's ok to have some, since it not in Seth's rule of SLD :)

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2009, 12:47:11 PM »

thyroid issues are apparently very common.  So I do not think it is related to SLD.

What is hypothyroidism?   http://www.endocrineweb.com/conditions/thyroid/hypothyroidism-faq
Hypothyroidism is a condition in which the body lacks sufficient thyroid hormone. Since the main purpose of thyroid hormone is to "run the body's metabolism," it is understandable that people with this condition will have symptoms associated with a slow metabolism.

The estimates vary, but approximately 10 million Americans have this common medical condition. In fact, as many as 10% of women may have some degree of thyroid hormone deficiency. Hypothyroidism is more common than you would believe, and millions of people are currently hypothyroid and don't know it.

Common Symptoms of Hypothyroidism  http://www.endocrineweb.com/conditions/thyroid/symptoms-hypothyroidism
Below are major symptoms associated with hypothyroidism.

•Fatigue
•Weakness
•Weight gain or difficulty losing weight (despite reduced food intake)
•Coarse, dry hair and dry skin
•Hair loss
•Sensitivity to cold
•Muscle cramps and aches
•Constipation
•Depression
•Irritability
•Memory loss
•Abnormal menstrual cycles
•Decreased libido
•Slowed speech (severe cases)
•Jaundice (severe cases)
•Increase in tongue size (severe cases)
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

Fangfang

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2009, 06:24:19 PM »

Thank you Karky for your additional information.

I'm still in my 47kg/46.5kg (very stable) with more food than in SLD, not feeling cold any more, but still have hair losing... :(

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2009, 11:46:14 AM »

are you eating enough protein??

Fangfang

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2009, 06:51:07 PM »

I'm not sure....vege no limited, some protein, little carb, but I'm having enough food now.

nougat

• Malta EU

Fangfang

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2009, 01:06:02 AM »

1. Weight in pounds divided by 2.2 = weight in kg
2. Weight in kg x 0.8-1.8 gm/kg = protein gm.

Use a lower number if you are in good health and are sedentary (i.e., 0.8). Use a higher number (between 1 and 1.8) if you are under stress, are pregnant, are recovering from an illness, or if you are involved in consistent and intense weight or endurance training.

Example: 154 lb male who is a regular exerciser and lifts weights
154 lbs/2.2 = 70kg
70kg x 1.5 = 105 gm protein/day

-----------------------------------------------------

50 × 1.5 = 75 gm/day

Maybe I was lack of protein at that period.

lehua011

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2010, 07:26:54 PM »

Thank you for sharing your "quiet achiever" good news with us

Fangfang

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2010, 03:27:19 AM »

:) I started again on May 31th.

After about 6 months, I'm 104lbs(48.5kg), a good keeper am I? I didn't take oil in the winter season.

Now I'm 103lbs(48kg) after one week...I still have some fat around the waist, and also feel SLD is very good for skin.

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2010, 08:53:55 PM »

well done.

Fangfang

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2010, 04:52:00 PM »

I switched to lemon after 2 weeks for an interesting post about removing Gallstones using lemon and oil...anyway I got 1kg down and 1 inch's waist lost after 1 week (lemon only).

It's quite significant on the waist lost I think...but on the base of oil I took? I'll test it next time.

I take half of a fresh lemon half an hour before sleeping, a cup of lemon juice with the fruit and the skin together, without the seeds.

Is there anyone using SLD interested in taking half of an lemon together to see the effect? If there is, please tell me and your progress in this post, thanks!

TalkingRat

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2010, 08:29:33 PM »

That's quite a change, Fangfang!  Congratulations! 

I'm mildly allergic to citrus, so I avoid lemon.   But I look forward to reading your results and observations.   

Sanchiaza

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2010, 11:41:19 PM »

I'm game  :D 

I'll start tonight.

This is me chewing the lemon  :?

This is me swallowing it  :shock:

I suppose that I'm not allowed to salt it (lemon slices and salt is AWESOME!)  :(

Fangfang

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2010, 04:05:05 AM »

welcome to lemon, Sanchiaza! please check the numbers after 3-5 days to see if anything happened?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18