Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Possible device for more discreet nose clipping

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible device for more discreet nose clipping  (Read 17128 times)

meldawn

Possible device for more discreet nose clipping
« on: November 18, 2009, 06:52:22 AM »

Thanks to our Japanese friends with hay fever! 

http://www.akinaiblog.com/product/2828

goblyn

• C'est ne pas une goblyn
Re: Possible device for more discreet nose clipping
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 07:25:34 AM »

Maychi, someone stole your nasal tampon idea!!!!  Except made it out of what looks to be plastic!   :lol:

Actually it looks like it still allows for breathing through the nose, so I'm not sure how effective it would be for noseclipping!

meldawn

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 07:30:08 AM »

I'm no expert - but it looks like the white bits (which I assume are some kind of sponge) are moistened - which I would think would kind of waterboard your appetite into submission. 

meldawn

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 07:47:43 AM »

And...for the do-it-yourselfers among us...we offer the following...

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Nose-Plugs-to-Stop-a-Runny-Nose

Maychi

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 08:16:41 AM »

I can't access the first site.

But for the self made example, I have to say that I still prefer my version.  :D

meldawn

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 08:30:52 AM »

I agree - your approach is extremely cool.  Was thinking something like the nose pit might be helpful for the more squeamish.  An alternate link below. 

http://inventorspot.com/articles/reverse_nose_plugs_keep_water_23705

goblyn

• C'est ne pas une goblyn
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 09:26:53 AM »

Waterboarding your appetite into submission doesn't sound pleasant at all!!!!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

meldawn

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 09:43:23 AM »

Yeah - I'm a little peeved at my natural appetite.  You could argue unreasonably so. 

Maychi

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 11:18:54 AM »

I admit they are quite neat, but would work out way to expensive for my needs. I may work on improving my design, though, I like the idea of a virtually invisible holder at the bottom of the nose, I always worry about inhaling my panty hose! :D :D

No need for any of it at the moment as my nose is blocked the "natural" way. :x

Thanks for sharing these, Meldawn!

meldawn

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 03:27:03 PM »

Please keep my posted about your progress...because I just completely humiliated and endangered myself at P.F. Changs. 

Have been experimenting with soft silicon ear plugs at home for a couple of days, which have been working pretty well, apart from the pasty silicon boogs that occasionally peek out beneath my nostrils.  I started feeling like I was kind of onto something and, as I live alone, had no one to mock or dissuade me from this delusion.  So, I decided to take my little show on the road, so to speak, and headed off for some chinese. 

Slipped disceetly into the bathroom at PF Changs, wedged the plugs well inside my nostrils, and ordered some spicey food.  All of which, I now realize, were bad ideas.  (1) Having not practiced speaking with nasal plugs I sounded insane and visibly startled my poor server who (I kid you not) gave me to another waiter.  (2)  Because spicey food makes your nose run, one plug slid greasily out onto into my plate halfway through the meal.  (3)  Also, because my nose was running, the other plug slhot alarmingly up my nose and I had to hurry to the bathroom to huff it noisily out into the toilet. 

Ironically, my fortune cookie (again, I couldn't make this up) said that "Hard work leads to success". 

VeganKitten

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2009, 03:50:53 PM »

Thanks for the laugh  :lol:

I've taught myself to close my nose without any aids, but I still sound like you probably did when I try to talk. Therefore I can't do it around people.

sdeshwood

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2009, 05:29:13 PM »

Please keep my posted about your progress...because I just completely humiliated and endangered myself at P.F. Changs. 

Have been experimenting with soft silicon ear plugs at home for a couple of days, which have been working pretty well, apart from the pasty silicon boogs that occasionally peek out beneath my nostrils.  I started feeling like I was kind of onto something and, as I live alone, had no one to mock or dissuade me from this delusion.  So, I decided to take my little show on the road, so to speak, and headed off for some chinese. 

Slipped disceetly into the bathroom at PF Changs, wedged the plugs well inside my nostrils, and ordered some spicey food.  All of which, I now realize, were bad ideas.  (1) Having not practiced speaking with nasal plugs I sounded insane and visibly startled my poor server who (I kid you not) gave me to another waiter.  (2)  Because spicey food makes your nose run, one plug slid greasily out onto into my plate halfway through the meal.  (3)  Also, because my nose was running, the other plug slhot alarmingly up my nose and I had to hurry to the bathroom to huff it noisily out into the toilet. 

Ironically, my fortune cookie (again, I couldn't make this up) said that "Hard work leads to success". 

LOL!!

meldawn

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2009, 07:38:04 PM »

Okay.  Take two. 

I made one of these just now and, so far, it seems pretty slick.  At least, it seems safer than silicon balls rattling around in my nose willy nilly and it really is virtually invisible. 

You'll need two soft silicon ear plugs, two small beads, a pen, and some transparent thread.   

Cut approx a six inch segment of transparent thread. 
Tie a knot at one end, large enough to hold your beads on the thread.
Hold the knot against the side of your nose (about midway up the height of your nose, loop the line firmly under your nose and up the other side to the midway point.  Mark this midway point on the thread with your pen.   
Thread both beads onto the thread from the end opposite your knot. 
Tie a second knot on the location you marked. 
Cut the line at both ends, very close to your knots. 
Form two lima bean sized balls out of your silicon putty and fold them around each bead (ensuring that each bead is against a knot). 
Reform each ball around one of the bead / knots. 
Stick each ball up one nostril and ensure the thread rests right under your nostrils and against your face. 
You may need to adjust the ball size / shape (just add or subtract putty and reshape) or the length of the string (just start over with a fresh piece of string). 

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2009, 02:27:41 AM »

Your chinese restaurant experiment was hilarious, meldawn!!  :lol:

speaking of which, I get great AS from watching the youtube video of a semi-fried fish being eaten alive in a chinese restaurant. I think I'll print a frame and stick it on my fridge door. At least the poor creature's suffering will have some good effect in this world  :(
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2009, 07:39:23 AM »

meldawn  :lol: :lol: :lol:

weren't we warned as kids not to STICK THINGS UP YOUR NOSE ??? :)

omg pink - horrible uuurrrghh!!!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18