Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Help, not working for me...

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help, not working for me...  (Read 3077 times)

missmaisy

Help, not working for me...
« on: November 14, 2009, 11:29:02 AM »

So, I am new to all of this and I need some help.

I am a 60 year old diabetic woman who needs to loose 40 lbs. I bought the book a couple of months ago and read it thru several times. I was very excited to sart the diet and I have been doing the SLD for one month now. I am using 3 tablespoons of ELOO everyday following the rules exactly. So far I have not lost a single pound or noticed any difference in my appetite.

To say the least I am a little depressed. I am wondering if I should continue or just hang it up. I was so hopeful and I really wanted this to work. Any ideas??

desHexle

• near by Stuttgart, Germany
Re: Help, not working for me...
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 02:33:55 AM »

i´m taking not so long SLD. so i´m not an expert on SLD.  But i have some questions.
have You changed something also in eating? Do you eat more or same or  less than before? Do you eat fast or slow? My experience is that you eat with deliberately slow and thorough chewing. you will faster full and eat not so much. Stop eating when You feel it is enough. enjoy every bite and put your fork between each bite to the side to really eat consciously, than you feel better if it is enough.

Take You  oil only one times or in two times on day? 
For example I have problems with olive oil, i can not well digest. I take rapeseed oil.

You are a diabetic, and your metabolism will not work properly, I also think that your metabolism is very slow, try  Brewer's yeast capsules that have a positive impact on metabolism.
Do not give up.

lovely greetings to you

desHexle

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 03:09:50 AM »

because you are a diabetic You should ask your doc about taking Brewer´s yeast.

I have looked for You in english written web something about Brewer´s yeast (i come from Germany). http://www.mothernature.com/Library/Bookshelf/Books/23/15.cfm

hope can help You

missmaisy

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 10:12:48 AM »

Intersting article. Thanks, I will definitely check it out.

desHexle

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 11:16:15 AM »

As a diabetic, you should switch to rapeseed oil. because diabetics have so many problems with wound healing.
Oils with a high relative Omega-3 content are rapeseed oil (2:1), hemp oil (3:1) and walnut oil (6:1).

Olive oil has a ratio of about 11:1 , corn oil about 50:1, sunflower 120:1, 150:1 safflower oil.

A high omega-6 to omega-3 ratio is put in some work in conjunction with inflammatory processes.

Phoebe

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 07:04:53 PM »

Hi missmaisy and welcome!

I agree with desHexle that you might want to try a different oil.  Some people have better luck with canola (rapeseed, I believe), and some do best with walnut or safflower, etc.  Some people even report better luck just changing brands of ELOO.  Still others have reported that it took a couple of months for appetite suppression to kick in, even though some people get it within days.

If the oil doesn't work, you could try noseclipping.  That gives you flavor-free calories without the addition of the calories in the oil.  You could also try crazy-spicing.  Here are the links to the threads on noseclipping and crazy spicing:  http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?board=35.0    http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?board=38.0

One more thought:  I have found that the chapter on ditto foods is one of the most important for me.  If I eat familiar packaged foods, especially ones with lots of flavorful carbohydrates, that can wipe out any appetite suppression that I might have gotten from the oil or noseclipping.

Anyway, I definitely think you should try a few more things before calling it quits.  It takes a lot of people a few months of experimenting before they find the way that works best for them.  Good luck!

P.S.  Check out Karky's advice to another newcomer with a similar question:  http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=7360.new;boardseen#new
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18