Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
stephen_r

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: stephen_r  (Read 3565 times)

stephen_r

stephen_r
« on: October 29, 2009, 11:42:42 AM »

I can't believe it took me so long to find these forums.

My weight loss journey started when I read "Freakonomics" this summer.  The concept seemed too good to be true, but since I already invest my money with a Magic Formula www.magicformulainvesting.com I recognize the potential value of a simple premise.  No point in making life any harder than it has to be.

July 20, I finally found our scale.  I was at 300 lbs.  I had already started the diet and noticed the effects by this point.  I found that my intense food cravings subsided almost immediately, and drinking plenty of water through the day was reducing my hunger sensations.  I used to have a bag of donuts or cookies in my desk at work, and if I didn't have something sweet to snack on, I would have to go around the block to pick something up.  Now, I still like to have something sweet, but I can ration it out much longer.  I don't buy the bag of donuts anymore, because I'm not going to eat that many before they go stale.  I do occasionally pick up a 1 lb bag of M&Ms, and it'll last me the week.  Bizarre!  I don't have to have seconds (and thirds) at meals anymore.  I  guesstimate calories and try to keep my intake below 1000 calories in a sitting, but I can make exceptions for special occasions.  I got into the Hallowe'en candy yesterday - I had three pieces.  Previously, I would have eaten half a bag.

I don't feel hungry all the time.  When I'm hungry, I eat.  I don't eat much differently than I used to, it's simply the quantities that have changed.  I don't feel compelled to eat until I'm feeling stuffed, though.  It's been a very casual thing for me.  I usually drink 2 tablespoons of oil a day, but I skip some days.

Yesterday, 14 weeks and 1 day after I first weighed myself, I was at 272 lbs.  In those weeks we had a baby and our lives have been turned upside down.  The days she was in the hospital and the week after, I was eating a lot of fast food and people were bringing us loads of food.  I thought I might have gained, but I held steady.  There has not been a week where I have gained, at worst I've held flat.   

3 months, 28 lbs.  I'd say it's been a success for me.  I'm definitely continuing.  I'm shooting for 190, but am grateful for simply feeling more energetic than I have in years.

goblyn

• C'est ne pas une goblyn
Re: stephen_r
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 12:27:53 PM »

Welcome!  Glad to hear you've already had some success!

sdeshwood

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 12:41:12 PM »

Wow, great results- congratulations and welcome!

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 01:45:41 PM »

Welcome!!
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

stephen_r

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 08:21:23 AM »

Thanks, everyone.

A long-time friend who is only 13 months older than I am had a heart attack this past weekend.  He's come out of it fine, but his doctor wants him to lose 100 lbs.  It's nice to have something like this diet to point him to.  A couple of months ago, a friend who is even younger had a heart attack.  I wouldn't mind waiting until my 50s or 60s or even later for my first one.

Stephen M (Ethesis)

• http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
    • http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 03:16:32 PM »

I can't believe it took me so long to find these forums.

3 months, 28 lbs.  I'd say it's been a success for me.  I'm definitely continuing.  I'm shooting for 190, but am grateful for simply feeling more energetic than I have in years.

It really is neat, it really is.

Congratulations for finding the way here.

stephen_r

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 09:07:56 AM »

I finally got a copy of the book this week.   Definitely worth the purchase price.  It helped me realize where I had gone wrong with the sugar water (gulping it down).

Weight keeps coming off.  Now my brother, his wife and her father are going to give it a try.

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2009, 09:18:34 PM »

good luck to your family too!!

its not only overweight people who get heart attacks.  just this weekend a 32 year old  actress passed away.... scarey....

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18