Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Zero-carb eating (human carnivorism) = awesome!

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Zero-carb eating (human carnivorism) = awesome!  (Read 59097 times)

sdeshwood

Re: Zero-carb eating (human carnivorism) = awesome!
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2009, 04:23:43 PM »

Cool- thanks for the list!  I am interested to hear/read how your all-meat diet works out for you! 

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2009, 10:09:07 PM »

similar to protein power tho you are can eat dairy in moderation.

dshack

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2009, 12:57:14 AM »

Protein power has a similar macronutrient profile (<30g carbs, heavy protein, meat/dairy/nuts/oil), though it looks like Eades believes unsaturated fats, veggies, and fiber are important parts of a healthy diet.

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2009, 04:17:09 AM »

Hmm I'm curious, how do you all-meat-eaters deal with the guilt of eating fellow sentient beings all the time? (or is that a non-issue for you)
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2009, 05:44:56 AM »

ok i'm very shallow - but i just don't think about it.
i think its horrible that we slaughter living creatures to eat their flesh and wear their hide.
so i don't think about it.  there's no way i could be a farmer and witness it and still eat it.  but meat and leather comes to us very distanced and with nothing to connect my meal or shoes to the slaughter.

please don't hate me..... :?

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2009, 05:53:12 AM »

But nougat you don't eat meat everyday? at every meal? Of course I wouldn't hate you, I still eat seafood, chorizo, ham (occasionally), I'd have to hate myself too. But I do feel guilty about it  :(
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

goblyn

• C'est ne pas une goblyn
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2009, 06:52:26 AM »

Eh, pink, I used to feel guilty about eating meat too, but then I just stopped feeling guilty.  It just doesn't bother me and I don't know why!

I'm still not convinced that fruit is bad for you.  Naturally speaking the reason it is so sweet is to get animals to want to eat it to disperse the seeds.  In nature there is no obesity.  However, I think that perhaps the idea is that you should only eat fruit when it is in season in your climate.  So if you live in New England like I do, no apples in the spring, no watermelon in the winter, no raspberries in the autumn, etc.  But when the fruit is in season, by all means eat, that's what nature wants you to do!  Of course in nature a few berries would be sufficient fruit consumption for any animal, so don't go crazy. 

I just think that if you're going to call your diet paleolithic then you should actually eat as a paleolithic human would have!  Also I think that seeds and grains would be okay if they were very scant, very close to their natural form (such as wheat berries) and again, consumed while in season.

But then you should also try living as closely to a paleolithic person would to train your metabolism to work the same way a paleolithic person's would.  So during the summer, try to stay out of A/C, during the winter, as little heat as you can possible tolerate, in the fall and the spring enjoy the fresh air.

And since this is next to impossible for modern civilization, I'm thinking that a paleolithic style diet would be very hard to do effectively.  So my whole argument is null and void then!  LOL!  But I do think that the theories behind it (a whole foods approach to eating, such as eating fatty cuts of meat, unprocessed food, veggies and fruits and seeds and nuts IN SEASOn) is a good idea.

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2009, 08:19:17 AM »

Ehehehehe Goblyn you don't eat meat at every meal, or even everyday (I mean meat, not cheese eggs etc that don't entail the animal's death) And I have to agree that eating free range animal meat is nicer than regular farm meat.
I'm convinced that fruit is good for humans, Especially organic grown. The idea of in-season, local fruit only is a tenet of macrobiotics, but in that case I wouldn't eat bananas or mangos or avocados and I love them  :P
I think macrobiotics fits very well in the diet you describe in your last paragraph.

goblyn

• C'est ne pas une goblyn
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2009, 09:16:41 AM »

Right, I agree.  But though this is the diet I strive for ideally, do I ever eat this way?  No.  Never.  There isn't a day in my life where I eat only unprocessed healthy organic food.

But its a nice idea, for sure!

And frankly, I'm still losing weight, so I don't really care what I do, as long as it continues to work for me!

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2009, 09:21:39 AM »

(((sigh))) maybe only the very heathy and fit can afford to eat according to their likings and beliefs...

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2009, 09:24:51 AM »

and the very rich... :?

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2009, 01:05:04 PM »

We used to have a dog when I was a kid that preferred vegetables over meat.
If we gave him a dish with 1/2 chicken and 1/2 green peas, he would eat the peas, and leave the chicken. (Peas were his favorite food)
It wasn't unusual for him to leave steak in his dish for several days.
If some friends of my parents came over and brought their dog, he always ran straight over to the dog dish and ate all of the meat our dog had saved for later.  :lol:
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

Tandoori Trilobite

• Aspiring gutless wonder
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2009, 05:15:38 PM »

karky: We used to have a dog when I was a kid that preferred vegetables over meat.
If we gave him a dish with 1/2 chicken and 1/2 green peas, he would eat the peas, and leave the chicken. (Peas were his favorite food)

Having a dog around the house that is known to eat mainly peas would give great plausible deniability to humans breaking stealth wind in the vicinity of the dog.  One could quite credibly blame the stink on the dog! :D

dshack

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2009, 05:27:44 PM »

I'm still not convinced that fruit is bad for you.  Naturally speaking the reason it is so sweet is to get animals to want to eat it to disperse the seeds.  In nature there is no obesity.  However, I think that perhaps the idea is that you should only eat fruit when it is in season in your climate.  So if you live in New England like I do, no apples in the spring, no watermelon in the winter, no raspberries in the autumn, etc.  But when the fruit is in season, by all means eat, that's what nature wants you to do!  Of course in nature a few berries would be sufficient fruit consumption for any animal, so don't go crazy. 

Most paleo diets allow for some fruit, but I think your last sentence brings up the real heart of the matter: people have never had access to fruit in the quantities we do today. I'm not convinced we need any fruit, but I don't think it will hurt anyone in modern amounts. I do think we elevate its nutrition more than the science supports, though.

I just think that if you're going to call your diet paleolithic then you should actually eat as a paleolithic human would have!  Also I think that seeds and grains would be okay if they were very scant, very close to their natural form (such as wheat berries) and again, consumed while in season.

Again, I think you're absolutely right. Wheat berries here and there won't adversely affect anyone's metabolism, but our bodies aren't built for the flood of insulin that flour and other super-condensed grains provide.

But then you should also try living as closely to a paleolithic person would to train your metabolism to work the same way a paleolithic person's would.  So during the summer, try to stay out of A/C, during the winter, as little heat as you can possible tolerate, in the fall and the spring enjoy the fresh air.

And since this is next to impossible for modern civilization, I'm thinking that a paleolithic style diet would be very hard to do effectively.  So my whole argument is null and void then!  LOL!  But I do think that the theories behind it (a whole foods approach to eating, such as eating fatty cuts of meat, unprocessed food, veggies and fruits and seeds and nuts IN SEASOn) is a good idea.

I think I start to lose you here. Why do you need to train your metabolism to work like a paleolithic person's? I mean, I'm all for conserving electricity, gas, and getting fresh air (and vitamin D), but I don't get the connection to the eating style.

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2009, 05:56:47 PM »

karky: We used to have a dog when I was a kid that preferred vegetables over meat.

Having a dog around the house that is known to eat mainly peas would give great plausible deniability to humans breaking stealth wind in the vicinity of the dog.  One could quite credibly blame the stink on the dog! :D

This same dog would audibly pass really nasty gas, jump up and give whoever was closest the evil eye, and then leave the room.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18