Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Can the oil be taken just once a day?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can the oil be taken just once a day?  (Read 15816 times)

karky

• Life is Good!
Re: Can the oil be taken just once a day?
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2011, 12:59:53 PM »

AS means Appetite Suppression

try having a chaser of a mouthful of sugar water, that kills the oil tast and texture for me very well.

Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

Rosee

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2012, 12:25:44 PM »

I too take my oil (flaxseed oil, noseclipped) in one dose per day, before I go to sleep.

Hi Seth,

I just read flexseed can cause cancer, especialy for the prostate. Was this already been spoken about at forums?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 04:00:22 AM by Rosee »

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2012, 09:34:16 PM »

I too take my oil (flaxseed oil, noseclipped) in one dose per day, before I go to sleep.

Hi Seth,

I just read flaxseed can cause cancer, especially for the prostate. Was this already been spoken about at forums?

No I don't remember this being discussed. I found this article about it:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/flax-prostate-cancer-risk/#axzz1lTz5EJCU

yeah, this is enough to make me want to explore other sources of omega-3.  I once tried fish oil but it gave me a headache. However, I can try again.

Rosee

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2012, 03:24:50 AM »

Seth,

Fish oil too is getting less and less healthy because of al the things like metals that fish carry in their bodyfat. What's wrong with olive oil? It has so many benefits. I'm only starting, maybe you've earlier explained why you don't take olive oil.

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2012, 03:43:58 AM »

Seth,

Fish oil too is getting less and less healthy because of al the things like metals that fish carry in their bodyfat. What's wrong with olive oil? It has so many benefits. I'm only starting, maybe you've earlier explained why you don't take olive oil.
Olive oil is low in omega-3 (very good) and high in omega-6 (somewhat bad).

Rosee

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2012, 04:15:36 AM »

Yes, i see, we all try to look for the best option. Is the olive oil not giving AS anymore after some time?
Those artikels about prostate cancer and flaxseedoil i found were in Dutch, so no use to post them here, i gues.
The flaxseeds itself, they say, might stop the brest cancer procces.

shovelqueen

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2012, 04:47:57 AM »

Many people mix their oils for benefits from each, and to reduce any risks from each.  Like 1 tbsp flax mixed with 1 tbsp olive oil.  Or one shot of ELOO in the morning and another shot of flax at bedtime.  Lots of possibilities.

If that seems like alot of work, you can mix it in quantity.  Half cup of each in a bottle or jar, then just use a small amount at a time.  I used to do something similar for my breakfast cereal.   Instead of making oatmeal then getting out the raisins, cinnamon, ground flaxseed and bran, I would mix up the right proportions of all of them in a jar and just use a half cup to make my oatmeal each morning.  Much quicker and less opening and closing and putting away of bags and containers. 

"Strength, balance, joy!"
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18