Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
julienuce 30 days

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: julienuce 30 days  (Read 22893 times)

Stephen M (Ethesis)

• http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
    • http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
Re: julienuce 30 days
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2006, 08:41:01 PM »

One more thing: I have experienced several plateaus. One was 8 days long and nearly broke me, but with patience and faith I made it through. (not to mention the helpful tips from others too!!) The key for me is to stay positive. Negative thinking = chocolate chip cookies (well, usually just the dough  :P). Funny, sounds kind of gross now.

It is neat how things just keep shifting mentally, though the plateaus are hard.

For the long haul you eventually want a permanent plateau (at your ideal weight, of course).  So they are good practice too.

Glad to hear from you again.

julienuce

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2006, 05:42:20 AM »

I have figured out a few things, again! Finally I have learned to be patient and let things happen slowly. My latest epiphany is that this diet can not be rushed. I realize that some people lose very quickly, and that is wonderful, but my experience over the last 2 months has been slow but consistent loss. My pattern is totally based on my hormonal cycle. I will give details here just in case it may help another woman who is frustrated, so I apologize to you guys reading! I have discovered that I have a short window of about one week during the month where I will lose 1-3 pounds, and then plateau out for the rest of the month. The good news is that I do plateau and don't go up, but the bad news is a 3 week plateau can get really frustrating. It goes like this. My period comes and lasts 5 days, then I have around 10 days where I can really cruise with Shangri La and lose my weight for the month. Then after ovulation around day 15-18 I totally plateau until the next period and another 'whoosh' of weight loss. Now that I know this I am very ok with this pattern. Other people have posted about a pattern of loss, and dealing with plateaus.
I am now down to 157, which totals at 15 pounds gone so far!! My husband thinks I am crazy to want to get down to 145 (he already says I look great and skinny - love him!!!) But I have set that goal for a long time now, and really don't want to waver. If it ends up being too skinny I can just do what Seth did and gain weight on purpose (GULP).
 Another thing I have changed around is the oil I take. I now take Udo's Oil Blend. I am reading his book Oils that Heal Oils that Kill or something like that cant remember the exact title right now. I have been trying to find out more info on omega 3 vs omega 6 and all the other ones too. I can say that I am no longer feeling blue or depressed, although I am still 'edgy' at times especially right after I take my oil. But I have only been on Udo's for 4 days, and I am hoping that since this oil has all the correct balance of stuff I will get rid of the edginess. I feel better knowing this oil is healthier and more pure, and packaged in an amber glass bottle rather than a possibly leaching plastic bottle (oils are sensitive to light, and I think drinking and eating from plastic is yucky). Udo's does have a flavor and an aftertaste, so I worry about that, but if I plug my nose and down a bunch of water right after I think I avoid the problems associated with flavor.
So, more success, and more learning, and more happiness brought to me by Seth Roberts! YAY!
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wmlN6bV/]

[/url]

Ann H

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2006, 05:57:35 AM »

Congrats, Julienuce!!!!

You know, if you're 25-35 (ish), you might consider doing the Cover Model thing for Seth's Woman's World article.... (See the "News, Announcements, Polls" section.)

On the hormones and weight loss, I think you are totally right! I lost a ton with no holds barred when I first started the diet, but then after a few months my body started getting like, "Oh, no, I'm not letting go of THAT fat" and I coud only lose very infrequently. Other women had posted similarly on my blog at the time: it also seemed to them that they could hardly lose weight except during a brief window in the month. I think you're on to something...

Congrats, again!!!

julienuce

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2006, 06:57:41 PM »

Thanks Ann!
Hormones are hard things to understand and come to grips with. But with practice, I am able to stop myself from reaching for some nasty food during those times when I am having cravings. So that is a victory.
Been doing well, now down to 157, total loss= 15 pounds and I think I am heading into another whoosh phase. If I can get down to 155 by the end of this month I will be psyched. Still 10 pounds after that to go.

[/url]

Rabin the Cat

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2006, 08:15:31 PM »

Hormones are hard things to understand and come to grips with.
Not least because they change as we age, so when you think you have some pattern figured out, a few years can see that changing.  Hooray for 15 pounds total loss!

akhdar

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2006, 09:44:11 PM »

Julienuce,

Congratulations on your weight loss and pertinent observations of your cycle. Keep watching -- it sounds so interesting!

Do you take your oil blend in capsule form or straight? Just curious. Please keep us posted as to how this oil blend is working for you.

Thanks and best of luck.

Akhdar.

CarolS

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2006, 07:45:29 AM »

My pattern is a little different.  I usually gain a lb or 2 around ovulation and then again with my period.  After ovulation I usually see the real weight drop.  So I look at the whole trend and try not to get hung up on the day to day stuff.  Today, a few days after ovulation, got another lb drop to 150.8.  My goal is 140, but I may stop at 145.  Husband says I look great now too.  But hey  - got to get rid of those fat paks on the stomach and thighs  :)  I am also looking forward to being able to use the belts I used to use.  Good luck with the last 10 lbs.

I have figured out a few things, again! Finally I have learned to be patient and let things happen slowly. My latest epiphany is that this diet can not be rushed. I realize that some people lose very quickly, and that is wonderful, but my experience over the last 2 months has been slow but consistent loss. My pattern is totally based on my hormonal cycle. I will give details here just in case it may help another woman who is frustrated, so I apologize to you guys reading! I have discovered that I have a short window of about one week during the month where I will lose 1-3 pounds, and then plateau out for the rest of the month. The good news is that I do plateau and don't go up, but the bad news is a 3 week plateau can get really frustrating. It goes like this. My period comes and lasts 5 days, then I have around 10 days where I can really cruise with Shangri La and lose my weight for the month. Then after ovulation around day 15-18 I totally plateau until the next period and another 'whoosh' of weight loss. Now that I know this I am very ok with this pattern. Other people have posted about a pattern of loss, and dealing with plateaus.
I am now down to 157, which totals at 15 pounds gone so far!! My husband thinks I am crazy to want to get down to 145 (he already says I look great and skinny - love him!!!) But I have set that goal for a long time now, and really don't want to waver. If it ends up being too skinny I can just do what Seth did and gain weight on purpose (GULP).
 Another thing I have changed around is the oil I take. I now take Udo's Oil Blend. I am reading his book Oils that Heal Oils that Kill or something like that cant remember the exact title right now. I have been trying to find out more info on omega 3 vs omega 6 and all the other ones too. I can say that I am no longer feeling blue or depressed, although I am still 'edgy' at times especially right after I take my oil. But I have only been on Udo's for 4 days, and I am hoping that since this oil has all the correct balance of stuff I will get rid of the edginess. I feel better knowing this oil is healthier and more pure, and packaged in an amber glass bottle rather than a possibly leaching plastic bottle (oils are sensitive to light, and I think drinking and eating from plastic is yucky). Udo's does have a flavor and an aftertaste, so I worry about that, but if I plug my nose and down a bunch of water right after I think I avoid the problems associated with flavor.
So, more success, and more learning, and more happiness brought to me by Seth Roberts! YAY!

julienuce

Re: julienuce plateau Queen
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2006, 11:42:41 AM »

Another round of epiphanies. The oil blend, while much healthier than straight canola, does not suppress appetite as well. In fact, about one hour after I take it I am ravenous. So today I switched back to plain canola and already I am back to not feeling like eating mode (although I do have hunger pains.) Most people have success with canola, so I guess I will quit all the mucking around Im doing. Anyway, Udo's oil blend is way out of my budget range.
I have plateau'ed around 157 for almost 2 weeks now. I am truly the plateau Queen. My plateaus have been steady in that I havent gained anything, just havent lost. But today I weighed in again at 160 (I did hit my all time low of 155 3 days ago, so I can only attribute this gain to wacked out hormones again). So the plateaus are just a normal part of how some people deal with this diet I think. Metabolism and hormones combine to hinder the release of fat stores ..or something like that. Cause I AINT overeating anymore.

[/url]

julienuce

20 pounds in 2.75 months
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2006, 07:21:45 AM »

I hit 152.5 last week, but had a 3 pound gain inexplicably that stayed for a week, but today back down to 152. ITS OFFICIAL! 20 pounds.
I NEVER thought I could do this, and voila! here I am. The trouble with losing weight is, your standards go higher and higher. WILL I EVER BE SATISFIED? I think I want to go down even more. This becomes a kind of addiction. 20 pounds has done wonders for me - my self esteem has gone way up thus precipitating an end to lots of other destructive behaviors, I feel confident and strong, my running has become WAY easier and less painful, and I am generally in a cheerier mood. Now I am curious what losing another 15 pounds will do for me..? I worry a little bit about this attitude, because there must come a time when enough is enough, and the obsession with losing must end. I can understand how anorexia can take its ugly hold. It is powerful to lose all this weight so quickly, but I wonder if it can lead to dangerous situations for some people. Maybe a follow up book needs to be written by Seth about how and when to stop losing weight ( I think he mentioned it was his friends concern for his health that stopped him losing  - maybe he would have kept going had they not been there..?). I don't want to alarm people, but there may be people who have lost weight quickly and are experiencing the high from the new control over eating, and that high can be addictive. I can see myself sliding down that slope a bit - I already compete with myself daily concerning calories (each week trying to be lower than the last etc.) I am thankful that I have a very strong self-preservation streak, and don't see myself becoming anorexic, but I have a new understanding of how and why it can happen, and feel concerned about that.                     

[/url]

saggi girl

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2006, 09:37:42 AM »

Congratulations on your 20 pound loss!  That is great!

I can see how someone who has high standards of achievement might be tempted to keep on losing even after an ideal weight is attained.  But at a certain point I think your body would give you strong signals that it's time to stop losing.  If nothing else, you would get feedback from your friends and family if you start looking too thin to the point where they would worry over your health.

Rabin the Cat

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2006, 01:36:33 PM »

It's sort of silly since I currently weigh 218 pounds, but I was thinking the same sort of thing. I spent YEARS working on my self-esteem and loving my body for its strength and versatility despite my weight. My current goal is a hefty-to-some 175. But I find myself thinking of when I weighed 130 pounds in college. Could I weight that again? Would I like to weigh that again?

julienuce

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2006, 05:38:06 PM »

I think the question 'would I like to weigh that again' is the relevant one. A big part of me says yes I do want to weigh what I did in high school, but then another side wonders what would happen to all that extra skin I have stretched out over the almost 20 years since then :lol: and how unattractive all that jiggly stuff might be! I find myself struggling right now to go under 150. Maybe I have reached my ideal? How do you really know? I feel absolutely GREAT, I look pretty good, I can run for 2 hours comfortably and still play with hubby and kids, so all in all maybe I have reached the ever elusive 'there' we all strive for. But how do you know?
I pretty much take my weight loss week by week, so I will just keep going for another few months and then really decide if I am 'there' at 150.

[/url]

Marianna

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2006, 05:45:58 PM »

Julie--how tall are you?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18