Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
An Engineer is Intrigued (at 205 on 9-22)

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: An Engineer is Intrigued (at 205 on 9-22)  (Read 12869 times)

A 5-10 Engineer

An Engineer is Intrigued (at 205 on 9-22)
« on: September 23, 2009, 09:49:53 AM »

Starting Data:
Date:  9/22/09
Height:  5' 10"
Method:  ELOO
kCal/Day: 375
Dosage:  1.5 tbsp 2x/day
Thoughts on Food:  I've been gaining approx 1lb/year for past 25 years due to snacking, and fear I may continue to do so unless some modification takes place.  Would like to loose 40 lb or so.  I anticipate this will take about 3 - 6 months, based on what I've read.
Weight:  205 (as measured on a Wii Fit)

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
Re: An Engineer is Intrigued (at 205 on 9-22)
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 09:59:05 AM »

Woo hoo you're my age!! Welcome, pal!! Goodluck!!  :D
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

Jewwell

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 06:45:23 PM »

Welcome to thr Forum and good luck with your weight loss.

A 5-10 Engineer

202 on 9-24
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 09:39:25 AM »

202 may be just statistical noise at this point- too early to declare a trend. 
Ham and Cheese for Lunch yesterday, 2x servings of "Good n Plentys" for snack in afternoon.  Dinner 1.5 Hot dog with large helping of coleslaw!  The Appetite Supression (AS) seems to be working pretty well with current doseage of ELOO.

A 5-10 Engineer

203 on 9-25
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 11:30:17 AM »

May still be seeing statistical effects.  Yesterday I DID have a fierce sweet tooth (when I thought about it) and ate a bunch of whoppers with lunch (Smoked Turkey Leg from Renaissance Festival), plus some Jordan Almonds with Dinner (Tortollini with tomato sauce).

At this point, there are no more boxes of candy at my desk, so that temptation is removed.  I am definitely experiencing signicant appetite suppression, which will be the key factor going forward. 

I keep the ELOO in a miniature whiskey bottle, so I have to swig it in a private location so as to not create the wrong idea in someone's head!

I predict that in one week I'll be less than 200 (for two days running).

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 02:32:23 PM »

ate a bunch of whoppers with lunch

My first thought was Holy Moly! How did you get them all down!!
Then I figured out you meant the candy, not the Burger King.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

A 5-10 Engineer

202(-) on 9-28
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 10:47:25 AM »

This is actually a better result than it appears to be.  For the past year+ I have stepped on the Wii Fit every week day morning, and loosing weight over the weekend is almost unprecedented!

This weekend was a camping weekend.  Since it rained, there wasn't much hiking involved, and we ended up at a lodge (Big Meadows off of Skyline Drive) with excellent food!  Following the ELOO routine I've become accustomed to resulted in me deferring on the Fried Chicken dinner (sounded AWESOME) and having a bowl of French Onion Soup with Blueberry cobbler for dinner.  I just wasn't that hungry- felt full from a few corn chips I ate waiting for the restaurant to open.  Although I missed the Fried chicken, I was very happy with the soup and dessert. 

So- the story here is that the appetite suppression seems to be a persistent effect and is resulting in my making choices that are not founded on some newly acquired discipline (avoiding foods etc), but rather founded on the fact that I simply don't "feel" like making the choices I used to make.

We'll see.  This week is a week of business travel.  Another perilous environment!  Next data point will be collected Saturday morning, 10 -3.

A 5-10 Engineer

202 on 10-3-09
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 07:56:08 AM »

First Reading Saturday after Week of travel.  A slight increase from previous reading, but considered within noise.  Meetings were killer because Lunches and Dinner (and breakfast) was provided.  Ate what ever I wanted, so seeing only a slight increase not a bad result.

A 5-10 Engineer

201 on 10-4-09
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 07:58:29 AM »

Sunday, hit a 3 month low.  This is after a good chinese stir fry for dinner, and a BUNCH of Dark and Stormy's.  I was feeling dehydrated at the time of this measurement... 

Turns out I must have been...

A 5-10 Engineer

205 on 10-5-09
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 08:01:05 AM »

Whoops.

I must have been dehydrated in previous measurment.  Sunday, had a big turkey leg and 1/2 a bottle of Saki while watching the Redskins game (it worked).  Dinner was some left over chinese.  Must have drank 5 gallons of water yesterday (I was very thirsty).  It will be interesting to see if a 4 lb in one day gain is an abberation (but I checked it twice this morning). 

Yikes.  Keeping to the 3 tbsp/day of ELOO routine, with pretty good respect for restrictions of 2 hr window.  Experiencing noticeable appetite suppression.

Phoebe

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2009, 09:34:18 AM »

ate a bunch of whoppers with lunch

My first thought was Holy Moly! How did you get them all down!!
Then I figured out you meant the candy, not the Burger King.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I, unfortunately, knew immediately what he meant!  I think I must have an alternate personality that would live on "movie food" if I let it out often enough.

Would like to loose 40 lb or so.  I anticipate this will take about 3 - 6 months, based on what I've read.

I wish I could lose weight that fast, but it seems to take us females forever by comparison.  However, you guys do have a shot at losing weight quickly.
Welcome and good luck, A 5-10 Engineer!

A 5-10 Engineer

202+ on 10/6/09
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2009, 06:31:04 AM »

Week day routines clearly work better than weekend (lack of) routines.

Still trying to tweak meals so they scratch the (suppressed) hunger itch.  Monday breakfast was a glass of Carnation "Instant Breakfast."  Left me with a sweet tooth-  on the drive in I ate 5 Jordan Almonds!  I was disgusted with 5lb delta from day before and was determined to skip lunch in the morning.

Lunch time came, and I realized I was hungry anway (ELOO at 10am), so what the heck- this diet is supposed to let you eat whatever, so I got a big slice of pepperoni pizza, which was very good, and left me fully content until dinner.

Dinner was nothing more than a baloney sandwitch, which was satisfying.

Discussing meals and eating habits on a board seems sort of hokey, but what the heck- I see this as self-experimentation, and if my experiment is successful, it may help others embarking on a similar quest.  In another week (another 5 or so data points), I'll start performing the regression analysis, which will include a moving average (like MACD analysis in stock technical analysis).

This morning I switched to a bowl of instant oatmeal.  Seems to have worked better than the Instant Breakfast.  Stay tuned.

shovelqueen

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2009, 06:49:34 AM »

Here's how to make home-made instant oatmeal - easy, cheap and you control the saltiness and sweetness.

1/3 cup "minute" oats
3/4 cup water or milk or a combo of both (milk makes it creamy and higher in protein)

Mix in a bowl and cook in the mic on high for 1min 45 secs (watch carefully for overboiling until you get the time just right for your particular microwave).  Stir in sweetener/sugar and/or salt to taste.  Also can add a tbsp of unprocessed bran, or flaxmeal, or raisins or cinnamon - lots of possibilities. 

"Strength, balance, joy!"

Phoebe

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2009, 04:43:29 PM »

I notice that when I eat homemade food instead of ditto food (discussed in Shangri-La book), it is easier to hang onto the appetite suppression that the oil gives me.

kt

• missing a lot of meals
    • How I've lost weight with SLD, then daytime fast:
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2009, 06:54:56 AM »

Congrats on starting!  I had the same "dehydrated" feeling once...my body probably hadn't had enough salts that day, and gave me a desire to eat like no other to make up for it.  It wasn't hunger, it was a strange need to eat salt, and nothing (not even soy sauce) tasted unpleasantly salty.

Enjoy the "statistical effects" - they turn out to be significant over time!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18