Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Lottoloose four weeks mark

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lottoloose four weeks mark  (Read 2976 times)

Lottoloose

Lottoloose four weeks mark
« on: September 03, 2009, 11:50:52 AM »

Female, 34yrs, height 1.77, starting weight 112 kg, current weight 109, lost in 4 weeks.

I started with 1.5 TBS of ELOO first thing in the morning and again last thing at night. I use the ligt mild olive oil from the natuurwinkel, brand Fertilia (I'm from the Netherlands). I kept that same routine throughout the first four weeks, somedays I increased my dosage if I had more cravings the previous day.

AS is a bit irregular, some days I really dislike food, other days I eat just healthy, 3 meals a day, no snacks, no effort.  I've noticed more energy and just this relaxed feeling towards food. Most days I feel I could eat, but don't HAVE to eat. My portions are smaller, but I am not counting calories or anything. Just want to be relaxed with food and enjoy all foods, no restrictions!
I only weigh myself at the end of the month, as to avoid scale-addiction!!! I get a bit "dwangmatig" if I start weighing myself every day, and this way, hopefully there will be a pleasant surprise every month!

The only thing I can't get in my routine with the 2 hour window is... brushing my teeth! I forget to brush them straight after my last meal and then when it is time to go to bed, I don't want to wait another hour before taking the oil, so I find myself brushing my teeth on very odd times during the day, or even in the middle of the night. My husband keeps asking what I am doing late at night with the olive oil bottle and measuring spoons. I haven't told him yet, first want to see some hardcore results!!

shovelqueen

Re: Lottoloose four weeks mark
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 12:33:25 PM »

You can try brushing with sodium bicarbonate/baking soda - it's an old-time remedy that works.  No taste.  Just wet your brush, stick it into the baking soda so a bunch sticks to your toothbrush, then brush away.  It leaves your teeth feeling very smooth.  And no minty aftertaste, either. 

Great first month!  Congrats! :D

"Strength, balance, joy!"

Lottoloose

Lottoloose four weeks + another 4 weeks!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 12:18:08 AM »

Well,
Here is my first real update. Because I only weigh myself at the end of the month, it's such a big surprise to find out that i've lost..... another 3 kilo's! Yippie!!!! I'm down to 106.

And I just had a couple of days of eating a lot, just before weighing.
I've noticed I'll have days of eating little, alternated by days of really eating quite a lot! Maybe it's the whole setpoint-shifting-thingie, I don't know how to compensate for that.
I started taking flaxseedoil (noseclipped) instead of ELOO, for health beneficial reasons. AS has been weird for these last days when chaning oils, I hope it will come back to me! I've read that when changing oil, it might effect your AS. Does anyone know how long that lasts? I'm now on my third day of flaxseed. ALso, Sometimes I only eat 2 times a day. Does that effect your metabolism in a negative way (slowing it down?) I keep on hearing that you need to eat small portions frequently. But with this diet, I don't feel like eating if I'm not hungry, and when I'm hungry, I really want to sit down and eat a good meal, not snacking throughout the day. For the calories I eat, I would think loosing weight would go much faster. I also do yoga almost every day and bike and walk a lot. Are there any more metabolism boosts you people know off?
Well, here I go for another month! I'll report it all in anther 4 weeks!

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 01:31:00 AM »

I keep on hearing that you need to eat small portions frequently

Yeah that's conventional advice (to keep the metabolism going fast), but here on this board we tend to think it's wrong, we end up eating much more in a day!

Congrats on your wonderful results!!!!
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

Phoebe

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 10:53:40 AM »

I started taking flaxseedoil (noseclipped) instead of ELOO, for health beneficial reasons. AS has been weird for these last days when chaning oils, I hope it will come back to me! I've read that when changing oil, it might effect your AS. Does anyone know how long that lasts?

ALso, Sometimes I only eat 2 times a day. Does that effect your metabolism in a negative way (slowing it down?) I keep on hearing that you need to eat small portions frequently. But with this diet, I don't feel like eating if I'm not hungry, and when I'm hungry, I really want to sit down and eat a good meal, not snacking throughout the day. For the calories I eat, I would think loosing weight would go much faster.

Hi Lottoloose,

Different people have really different experiences with oil and appetite suppression, so I think you just have to experiment and see what works for you.  It might help if you rinse your mouth out before taking the noseclips off so that you don't taste the flaxseed.

I agree with Pinkmug about several small meals.  For me, eating early and often is the end of appetite suppression. 

Some people even think that when there is food in your system, your body is running on that instead of burning fat, and that having long stretches of time without food gives your body a chance to shift into fat burning mode for its fuel.  This would mean that in terms of burning fat, it is good for your metabolism to only eat once or twice a day.

You could search this forum for "intermittent fasting" or "fast-5" and probably find lots of discussions on it.  Also, this website, http://www.fast-5.com/, has a free e-book download that explains a lot about why not eating is good for fat burning.  Good luck!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18