Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Jewwell's First Four Weeks

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jewwell's First Four Weeks  (Read 4078 times)

Jewwell

Jewwell's First Four Weeks
« on: September 03, 2009, 07:09:31 AM »

I found the book on sale a month ago and had a strong feeling that this was a book I should buy. Glad that I did, because after reading it, I could hardly wait to try it. Hadn't heard of the SLD before that.

I'm proud to announce that in the first four weeks I've lost 7.8 lb. an average of 1.95 lb. weekly. Starting weight - 172.4. Goal weight - 150. Presently I weigh 164.6 lb.

I'm a 67 year old female from Eastern Ontario in Canada.  Apparently my age and arthritis aren't holding me back.

I take one tablespoon each of sugar and ELOO twice a day, in the morning and at bedtime. I have no problems with the oil, don't find it objectionable in any way.

What an amazing effect the diet has had.  Instead of needing to eat every two hours, now I don't need breakfast and eat small portions of the two meals I do eat which are mainly vegetables. I don't even feel like the several cups of tea I used to have. I am hungry for lunch and supper and find that I really savour my food at those times, more than I did before. Which is good I think.

Once I'm at goal weight, I'm hoping that this time I won't gain it all back again as I've done every other time I've lost weight. But I think there's a good chance I won't as long as I don't get careless about taking my oil.

This Forum seems like a warm and welcoming place so I'm looking forward to taking part in it. Have been lurking for the last month.

Jewwell

karky

• Life is Good!
Re: Jewwell's First Four Weeks
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 07:18:00 AM »

Welcome!
I am glad to hear you are having success.
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

shovelqueen

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 11:40:15 AM »

Welcome, Jewwell!  I'm from "western" Ontario, the Bruce Penninsula. 

You sound like you're off to a great start.  Stay in touch! :D

"Strength, balance, joy!"

Jewwell

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 06:38:37 PM »

Thanks for your welcomes. You are both great inspirations to me.

Ainsprid

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 08:47:00 AM »

Welcome to the forums Jewwell!

I feel the same, I love these forums. Everyone seems to care (and we actually do!)
and it's a great motivation to have people "around" who are successfully losing weight
on SLD. Good luck to you!

Jewwell

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 08:25:03 AM »

Hello Everyone   I had posted earlier about my upcoming hip replacement surgery but now can't find where I put that post. Anyway, I'd like to report on how it went. I had surgery 8 weeks ago. I followed the SLD right up till the last day before and at that time had lost 12lb. in 3 months. I was surprised at how well my weight went down because of my age (67) and the fact that I don't have a great deal to lose.

The surgery went well and I was back home in 2 days using a walker. The 1.5 days on an IV definitely caused AS. It was interesting that the nurses were always asking you if you were eating. They seem disturbed about the patients lack of appetite and obviously don't know what is causing it.

Recovery went quickly, I now don't even need to use a cane. Although I ate a lot the first month, I didn't gain any weight. Was able to start back on the SLD after four weeks. Since then, weight loss has been slower but I've still lost 2 more pounds.

A few days ago, I tried Indian Girls's idea of tying a scarf over your nose while eating. This seemed to work, I could hardly eat any supper that night and I've lost 1lb. in 5 days. But I found it awkward as it made my glasses steam up. So yesterday, I bought some nose clips and just began using them this morning. Will be interesting to see what happens next. After nose clipping a bowl of oatmeal, I certainly don't feel like eating right now.

I'm still going through the Forums every night, really enjoying the information in them as well as the interesting people writing in them.

shovelqueen

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 10:43:41 AM »

Glad to hear that your surgery and recovery went so well.  It's when you have to go through something like that that overall good health really pays off! :D

"Strength, balance, joy!"

Jewwell

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009, 05:56:43 PM »

Thanks SQ. I've always been interested in nutrition and have tried to eat well. I took a lot of vitamin C since the surgery and I think it helped me heal so quickly.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18