Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
A new "noseclipping" method, may not be suitable for the extremely squeamish!

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: A new "noseclipping" method, may not be suitable for the extremely squeamish!  (Read 15165 times)

Maychi

Re: A new "noseclipping" method, may not be suitable for the extremely squeamish!
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2009, 03:34:23 AM »

Elisavet, greetings to Greece from Slovenia! Whereabouts in Greece do you live? I've been to Crete, Santorini, Kefalonia and Karpatos and absolutely loved it. Can't wait to go back!

I'm really glad my crazy SLD method inspired you and seems to be working for you. I'm still doing it (although I took a break for a week when on holiday) - only today I cut up some more bits. No one in my family knows I'm doing it, although they're wondering how come my nose gets blocked only when I'm eating, but they just can't work out what's going on.  :mrgreen: I have to admit the AS I get is not as strong as it was initially and I haven't lost any more weight, but I feel as if I'm losing fat slowly. I still like not having any cravings and being able to stop eating without feeling deprived. So, all in all, it's still working, although I would prefer to lose weight faster.

Please, keep in touch and let me know if you manage to lose your 8 kilos (I'd be more than happy with 3 which would take me to 60/61, which seems to be roughly the weight you're aiming for if I'm correct).

Good luck and epharisto for telling me you're doing my method!

ELISAVET 4

Re: A new "noseclipping" method, may not be suitable for the extremely squeamish!
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2009, 08:38:35 AM »

Maychi, I live in Thessaloniki, a really beautiful city. I'm sure you liked all the great islands you've visited especially Santorini. All though it has a rough beauty it manages to calm you down, especially each time you see the sunset.
You know I don't really care about the number on my scale as much as I care about the number on my pants or dresses. I want to throw away my fat to be honest with you. That is why I think your method works cause you said you are melting fat and it doesn't show in your scale, but maybe in your clothes. That will keep me going on. I never tried "panties" when eating with my family cause I think it shows. Do you put it deep in your nostril? (it sounds kind of weird  :D :D :D)!!
Well thanks again and I'll be more than glad to read any more "new methods" conserning SLD and noseclipping. :)

VeganKitten

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2009, 02:32:59 PM »

In reply to Maychi about talking while bubble-nosed: it's not possible to produce certain sounds. So in order to not sound like you have a horribly blocked nose, you have to say "delicious!" instead of "yummm!" and and "super!" instead of "Nice!"  :lol:

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2009, 10:01:07 PM »

:lol: :lol:

Maychi

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2009, 07:13:41 AM »

Elisavet, as I always eat with my family, it's difficult not to eat that way. I stuff the material in deep enough so that it doesn't show and I make sure there isn't too much of it so that I can still talk and breathe if I have to, although I try to breathe through my mouth as much as possible and not say much. But it is all a bit gross  :?. And I think you're absolutely right about the number on the scales, I'm not weighing myself half as much as I used to. As long as clothes in a decent size fit me nicely, without any bulges in inapropriate places, I'll be happy.

VG, thanks for the vocabulary tips.  :lol: I suppose I should create a list of safe and unsafe words for myself but as meals are almost the only time I get to talk to my DD the range of subjects differs so much that it would be difficult to plan for all the eventualities.  :D

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2009, 03:03:43 AM »

Ahhhh MG so this is the thread you were telling me about, and I totally missed it!! And, such hilarious posts  :lol: But judging by your svelte silhouette and small waist it's definitely working, so, pantyhose, scissors, here I go...
One more method to add to Clarinette rotation, Nougat straw SLD, noseclipping a-la-Heidi, Indian-scarf-around-your-nose, now the Maychi pantyhose-in-your-nose  :lol:
... And Seth mentioned this in his blog if you haven't seen it yet! Oh the glory  :lol:
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

Maychi

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2009, 06:11:42 AM »

Oooooh, I am honored to have made it into Seth's blog.  :D :D

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2009, 07:27:10 AM »

well done May!

ELISAVET 4

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2009, 10:20:45 AM »

Oh Maychi but first of all Seth and Heidi I dare to say you've made me sooooo happy. First of all Mr. Seth for discovering SLD, then Heidi for "making it" by noseclipping and of course Maychi for making it easy for me to noseclip. I eat anything I want, I haven't been on a scale but my hubby told me this noon "I think you are shrinking". He's always been critical with me, so coming this from him is really SOMETHING. Thank you all for making it possible to burn fat and be happy at the same time. EFHARISTO!!!!!!!

Maychi

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2009, 10:36:29 AM »

All I can say is I wish my method was working as as well for me as it is for you, Elisavet. No one has noticed me shrinking yet (Pink, you don't count, you've only just met me!) But I am happy that you're happy!  :D

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal

OK, warning, don't cut the panty hose bits too small. I did last saturday and had the scare of my life. I inadvertently pushed them up when trying to remove them. I had a hard time fishing the one from my left nostril. And when I reached for the right side one I couldn't find it. I was terrified, imagining it going rotten inside my lungs... I spent half an hour blowing my nose hard, then using tweezers, then in despair a crochet hook up my nose.... nothing was coming down... then I went up the corridor and accidentally looked at the floor and spotted the bit. I was so relieved! I diin't feel it leaving my nose. And maybe it was psychological but I could swear I still felt it somewhere inside my upper nose... I was still in doubt for a while it was the same bit, but it must have been. Guys,this was a big scare. I cut the bits too small because my DD would be grossed out if she saw anything in my nose. Maychi had already warned about this, and I'm just reinforcing that - don't cut the bits too small!  :mrgreen:
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

goblyn

• C'est ne pas une goblyn

Pink...its really unlikely that you would be able to inhale anything big enough to see.  Most likely what would happen is it would get stuck in your sinuses (where it would feel huge and uncomfortable) and if you did that really gross back of the throat clearing thing (you know, like guys do so they can spit a huge gross wad of phlegm?) you'd force it to come out into your throat and then either spit it out or swallow it into your stomach, where it would then pass through your digestive system unaltered.

That's my guess anyways, its really hard to breathe in anything large enough to actually handle, dust, sure you breathe that in constantly, but something that is big enough to hold and stick in your nose is probably too large to get into your lungs.

And like I said, you'd feel it in your sinuses.  Actually, it would probably irritate your sinuses and you'd sneeze it out.

Maychi

Oh, no, Pink, I feel responsible now! I've also worried a few times about inhaling the blasted thing, but haven't managed so far, thank god.

Goblyn, thank you for the words of encouragement, you're most probably right, I too think you'd be forced to sneeze it out if it went too far up.

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal

I hope you're right Goblyn... but s*** happens
http://www.healthlinkbc.ca/kbase/topic/symptom/obnos/overview.htm
http://www.healthscout.com/ency/1/000036sym.html

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Mayche don't feel bad, it was MY fault alone, the bits were, like, two thumb nails each in size, imagine that all rolled up and moist inside the nose - they shrink a lot. I had some trouble extracting the first, which made me believe the second had gone "upstairs". Fortunately not! All is well that ends well!  :D

nougat

• Malta EU

ooooh poor pink....

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18