sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I started at 175 lbs 10 days ago. I don't have a scale, so I don't know how much I've lost so far, but today my pants almost fell off when I was out walking. Of course, instead of being embarrassed, I was ecstatic! -- BJane

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4 days in. Starting at 287. Goal??  (Read 5006 times)

Ozzy70

4 days in. Starting at 287. Goal??
« on: August 18, 2009, 07:43:12 pm »

Hi All,

My wife (very subtly, I thought) gave me an article on the diet. I bought the book and am giving it a try. I have not told anyone that I am dieting - I will see if I get any comments that I look better??

I have been on many unsuccessful or temporarily successful diets over the years. I am skeptical that something so simple can work, but will try it for a few months and see what happens. Can't hurt, right?
I am 5'9" and don't really remember being under 200lbs.

I have found in the short time that I have been trying the oil that I have some appetite suppression, but if I drink a beer in the evening, it all comes back and I want to eat. Has anyone else found this?

Ron

Marianna

Re: 4 days in. Starting at 287. Goal??
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 08:18:59 pm »

yes--alcohol seems to undo the SLD effect for many folks--

Ozzy70

Re: 4 days in. Starting at 287. Goal 220
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 10:28:00 pm »

Well, I lost 6 pounds in the first week and am full of optimism now.

I am having 4tbsp of oil around 8.30 am and then I am not hungry until the evening when I eat a regular dinner. I have not been wanting to snack throughout the day (like I usually do). It's so easy... plus, if I eat a regular meal at night I can keep on not telling anyone I am on a diet, because that's the only meal my family gets to eat together during the week. I am curious to see when (if) someone comments on my weight.

I have decided to set 220 as my goal weight. That's what I weighed when I was 16.

Ron

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 10:48:43 pm »

Ozzy70

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 03:13:36 pm »

Hi Nougat,
Thanks for the link - very interesting.
It gives my 'peoples choice ideal weight' as 218lb - very close to what I selected. The medical range is 129-169. I think I would look (be) very sick if I dropped to 129lbs.
Ron

Ozzy70

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 06:20:02 pm »

Another week done and more weight lost.
My appetite has not been fully 'supressed' but I am finding that while I feel hungry quite a lot of the time it's not the craving I used to have. I am more aware of what I am eating and am able to work through the hunger. I am better able to resist the temptation to snack.

Eating junk food all day is the cause of my weight problem. Now I have often been at the point where I have a snack in my hand and am able to put it back down again. This is unusual for me. I used to be the guy who would eat a half pound bar of chocolate in the car on the way home from the shop.

On the sleeping side, I have been a lot more tired. I have read here and in the book about people getting a better night's sleep when on the diet. I used to sleep 5-6 hours a night and was feeling ok. Now I need more sleep. I don't know if I like that result. I have a busy life. I am trying to run a business and raise a family and used to be glad that I didn't need vast amounts of sleep to function.

Ron

shovelqueen

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2009, 06:51:18 pm »

Your weight loss is impressive, Ron.  Great progress!  I wouldn't worry about the sleep thing, it may be temporary as your body adjusts to so much metabolic activity.  Reduced intake, less metabolic processing, especially of junk foods, and the mobilization of fatty stores.  Lots going on inside. 

Listen to what your body is telling you it needs right now.  Not enough sleep can be a real weight loss staller.  That and not drinking enough.  Keep those metabolic engines blasting, eh?

"Strength, balance, joy!"

Ainsprid

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 09:43:19 am »

You're doing a great job Ron! ^^

Ozzy70

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2009, 04:02:26 pm »

Only one pound lost this week. But I'm still moving in the right direction. Thanks to all for your supportive messages. I really want to make this work and am starting to believe that I can.
I think the weight loss is visible in my face, my belly is as big as ever. Still very tired but have tried giving in to sleep instead of fighting it.
Ron

Ozzy70

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2009, 05:16:06 pm »

Hi All,
It's been 2 weeks since I last posted. I have lost another 3lb - down to 272. I will update the ticker when I remember my pin code. Feeling pretty good about this...
Ron

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2009, 09:30:47 pm »

well done ron!!!

sdeshwood

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2009, 03:15:15 pm »

Great job, Ron!

Ozzy70