Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
And The Beat Goes On--SLD Success!

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: And The Beat Goes On--SLD Success!  (Read 11864 times)

xtine

Re: And The Beat Goes On--SLD Success!
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2009, 08:44:06 PM »

Congrats on your wonderful success and maintenance, Darkhorse! 

Re. nuts, everyone else:  I used never to eat them because it's so easy to go overboard.  But I do have them now in SMALL and measured amounts, unsalted (1/2 to 1 oz/ time) and only when I plan to in advance (eg 3-5 chopped walnuts on my oatmeal).  I find that adding a SMALL amount of nuts and/ or flax seed to oatmeal really helps the sustaining power of breakfast and I don't get hungry again for ages.  Plus I need all the fiber I can get, being somewhat sluggish otherwise.

NuLu

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2009, 05:16:23 AM »

FWIW, I find eating nuts after meal is more dangerous than eating on empty stomach. I sometimes crave something crunchy after dinner and eat some almonds and nuts. Well, I intend to eat a few but I usually end up eating at least three times as much as I intend to. I lack the willpower to control my portions when almonds are involved. However, the night before, I was waiting for my husband for dinner. I was hungry so I drank two glasses of semi skimmed milk and ate some (I don't know how much but maybe more than 30) almonds while waiting. When he came home, he said he wasn't hungry, and I realised that I wasn't hungry at all either! I did not crave anything all night and I wasn't still hungry until lunch next day. I could have eaten the same number of almonds after dinner and I am sure I would not feel any fuller. By the way, I am off the oil these days because I have a cold, so the AS I experienced was not a result of oil.

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2009, 06:33:19 AM »

NuLu, there is an almond diet, there was a girl on this forum, Buxi, who swears by it. She hadn't great success with SLD so she switched to the almond diet and lost weight big time.
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

NuLu

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2009, 07:04:33 AM »

Thank you Pinkmug for reminding. I had read Buxi's blog about almond diet. I cannot follow any diet with planned meals but I sure will keep the key principles in mind. The lesson I've learned is, from now on, I will eat almonds only when I am hungry or I have only a few almonds left :)

Also, I want to thank Darkhorse for giving us updates on how she is doing. I like reading this forum, especially success stories, and wonder how SLD'ers who have reached their goal weight are doing. Those updates are very inspirational.

lehua011

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2010, 07:27:58 PM »

I believe that you have recognized, as I have, that the closer you stay to the fundamental principles of SLD, the more likely you are to succeed and make it part of your life.

soontobethin

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2013, 11:14:28 AM »

2013 UPDATE ON MAINTAINING A 50 LB WEIGHT LOSS! 2013

Just ran across your message and hope you are doing well... thought I would catch you up to date with me...

Our daughter's wedding was in December and our 56th wedding Anniversary was on the same day..., It was glorious...We had such a great time and I wore a size 4 black slinky v-necked ball gown with a very brilliant sparkly crystal rinestone necklass and got WOW reviews..,  The bride and me looked just terrific.!!!! Hahahaha! Yes, I am still maintaining my weight loss and feeling just fine... (was asked by many of my relatives about "how did you get so small????) - Which delighted me no end! Stilling eating small amounts that is still satisfying with occasional splurges of Tarimisu or a favorite chocolate for Valentines Day... but other than that... still getting big OK physicals review from my physician and weigh from 107 to 112... and back again! Everything is just great. Hope you are well and almost skinny... I am still doing the Eloo and occasionally sugar/water for a "tea" in the afternoon...  Best wishes to you and all...   SOON TO BE THIN     ... JEZZIKA
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18