Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Rabin the Cat: a size 16 skirt and a fitted top (posted October 14, 2006)

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Rabin the Cat: a size 16 skirt and a fitted top (posted October 14, 2006)  (Read 36929 times)

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
Re: Rabin the Cat: Stink Ape is shrinking!
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2006, 09:57:30 PM »

You're welcome, Rabin.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 09:26:36 AM by Seth Roberts »

Ann H

« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2006, 11:59:56 PM »

Awesome, Rabin!! May he shrink down to "Stink Monkey" being a more suitable moniker! :wink:

Stephen M (Ethesis)

• http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
    • http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
Re: Rabin the Cat, 5 weeks on SLD
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2006, 08:17:16 PM »

This post is really about Stink Ape's weightloss, not mine. He doesn't weigh himself, so we have no idea how much he's lost. He's 6'5" and was likely close to 350 lbs. I'm 5'4". When we hug, I wrap my arms around him and can juuuust touch my fingertips in the small of his back. Tonight, I stood up and threw my arms around him and clasped my hands fully together. I suddenly realized what I was doing and squeezed him tighter and yelled some thing deliriously excited.  We were pretty stoked.

Now to go all fan boy: Seth, I feel as if SLD has added years to our lives already. Thank you.

That is how my kids feel about me.

BTW, just moved to 16.5 inch neck, trim fit shirts from Lands End.

Rabin the Cat

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2006, 10:25:06 AM »

222 yesterday, which makes 20 pounds total. I've almost finished a bottle of grapeseed oil and now plan to try coconut. My appetite supression with grapeseed seemed weak at first, but has kicked in well the last 4-5 days.

Jenn

• **~Feeling more ZEN every day~**
    • come listen to some of our tunes on myspace
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2006, 04:28:20 PM »

I think that when we switch oils it takes a couple of days for the full adjustment to kick in,
I recently changed to ELOO, and had a little less suppression the last couple of days.  Was using Canola.  We will see.
  I am so thrilled to see your husbands and your progress. It is stories like yours that give us all encouragement!

Jenn
Drinking anything that feels good at the moment, not worrying about my body and feeling very, very good about that!
I am at a healthy weight and get slimmer/healthier every day!

Rabin the Cat

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2006, 12:52:33 PM »

I continue to be struck by the amount of food it takes me to feel full these days. I was at a soup and salad buffet yesterday and ate half the portion of potato salad I got, about 1/3 of  cup.  I'm also learning, now that I'm free from unending appetite, how to leave things uneaten if they don't taste great and like exactly what I'm hungry for.

Rabin the Cat

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2006, 09:02:00 AM »

Monday morning weigh in- 220 pounds! That's 22 lost. Last week I had 2 days of very low calories and two of high calories. Well, high for me these days. I wasn't deliberately doing The Wendie Plan, but it seems to have nudged some pounds lose.

http://www.stormpc.com/ww/wendie_plan.htm

bekel

• Global Moderator
  • I <3 omega-3s
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2006, 02:26:00 PM »

Huh.

I hadn't heard of that, but that's kinda what happened with meals while I was at my mothers.

*scratches head*

I'll have to look at that and see if that works for me. Can't hurt. Thanks for the link.

Proud member of Lab Rats United, noseclipped unit: Tested on since May 18, 2006.

Rabin the Cat

« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2006, 09:56:04 AM »

219 today. Many of my clothes are very loose. I'm quite excited about that.

Ann H

« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2006, 10:05:19 AM »

Jia you! Jia you!

Well done, Rabin!!!            Ann H

BarbH

« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2006, 10:24:15 AM »

That's super!  A sign of more good things to come.

Best - BarbH

Rabin the Cat

« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2006, 01:22:58 PM »

218 as of Friday. All is going well. I'm a few days away from three months. I've lost 24 pounds in 3 months. My friend who is doing WW is bored and hungry and beginning to gain again. I will try again to talk her into Shangri-la.

BarbH

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2006, 03:24:42 PM »

Congratulations!  You've done a great job.  I know what you mean about WW - Me & WW go back at least 35 years, in & out, up & down.  Always a struggle.  I hope your friend gives this a try.  It makes it all so easy.  No more struggles or points or best of all, no more cheating.  (big joke in WW)

I'll bet your success will convince them.

Best - BarbH

julienuce

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2006, 05:47:01 PM »

Thw wendie plan thing was interesting to read. I have never done WW - too much figuring for me, but I do count calories. Lately I have been eating 2-3 days really low cal around 1000-1100, and then kind of binge eating for one day up to 1700-2000 calories. I thought for sure doing this would cause me to gain, but paradoxically I have lost another 0.5 pound. Kind of strange, but it feels sort of good to eat like that. I will keep you posted as to how it really works in the overall scheme.
Rabin the Cat you are doing great! I loved your post about hugging your husband and clasping your hands. I could see you guys in my mind gleefully hugging and jumping for joy!
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wmlN6bV/]

[/url]

Rabin the Cat

« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2006, 08:51:32 PM »

Thanks for the move, Seth! 216 both yesterday and today. I believe the last week counts as a whoosh. And I've now been an SLDer for three months and have lost 26 pounds. Let's see, call it 12 weeks, that's more than two pounds a week, yes? Well, it's probably closer to 14 weeks. Still awesome and wonderful and empowering.

I talked with my mother today. She is looking trim and fit and wearing her shirts tucked in again. She has lost 20 pounds in six months the old-fashioned way, down to 150 from 170.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18