Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Rabin the Cat: a size 16 skirt and a fitted top (posted October 14, 2006)

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Rabin the Cat: a size 16 skirt and a fitted top (posted October 14, 2006)  (Read 37448 times)

Rabin the Cat

Re: Rabin the Cat, 5 weeks on SLD
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2006, 09:33:04 PM »

It's not my weigh in day, but I weighed anyway and I'm two pounds up. It's funny, no matter how heavy I got (And I've been adding 7-8 pounds a year for about 13 years), I never weighed myself much. I learned to love my zaftig/fat ass self. Even now, I'm not going for thin- I just want to be less fat.

Now that the scale is moving steadily downward, I weigh myself all the damn time. And the fluctuations are hard, even though intellectually I understand the reasons and know that it's to be expected.

Stephen M (Ethesis)

• http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2006, 08:15:19 AM »

It's not my weigh in day, but I weighed anyway and I'm two pounds up. It's funny, no matter how heavy I got (And I've been adding 7-8 pounds a year for about 13 years), I never weighed myself much. I learned to love my zaftig/fat ass self. Even now, I'm not going for thin- I just want to be less fat.

Now that the scale is moving steadily downward, I weigh myself all the damn time. And the fluctuations are hard, even though intellectually I understand the reasons and know that it's to be expected.

Amen.

barleyblair

• Teaching the old dog some new tricks.
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2006, 02:44:00 PM »

I've figured out that for me once a day is too many weigh-ins and once a week is too few.  So I'm weighing myself every five or six days, on dates that end with a 1 or a 6.  If two days in a row end with a 1 (e.g. May 31st and June 1st) I weigh myself on the second of the two.

The day before I weigh myself finds me in a great state of excitement -- rather a new attitude for me about anything having to do with my weight.
xxx, barley blair

Rabin the Cat

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2006, 11:59:02 AM »

Weight was 226 this morning. I will heave a sigh of relief when this plateau is finished. I remind myself that I'm 16 pounds lighter than I was 7 weeks ago.

Ann H

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2006, 08:31:46 PM »

Hey, Rabin, just for fun, you might try celebrating that -16 pounds. When I lost 18, I stacked up enough books on the scake to get 18 pounds. This brought immense exultation. :) Might be useful, to realize how very much you've lost, and to lighten your spirit.

Cheers,
Ann H

Stephen M (Ethesis)

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2006, 05:13:36 AM »

Weight was 226 this morning. I will heave a sigh of relief when this plateau is finished. I remind myself that I'm 16 pounds lighter than I was 7 weeks ago.

Man, I've been on a plateau for almost a week, finally down half a pound.  On the other hand, I'm down about ten pounds from last month.  But the plateaus take some getting used to.

I have dropped another pants size, just bought my first pair of 32" waist pants and some 32" belts.  But my weight and my waist seem to be a little out of sync.  Both shrinking, just not necessarily at the same time.

Keeping records and looking at the cycle (and being aware of it) has made it easier on me, though I still would rather do without plateaus.

barleyblair

• Teaching the old dog some new tricks.
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2006, 09:10:00 AM »

Ann H says: "When I lost 18, I stacked up enough books on the scale to get 18 pounds."  This is a fabulous idea!  You should put it up on Tips & Innovations -- and I intend to try it myself at my next weigh-in (the 16th).
xxx, barley blair

Rabin the Cat

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2006, 10:45:53 AM »

Thanks for the pep talk! Good idea, Ann. A friend was saying today that she had "only" lost 24 pounds and someone said "Hey, it's like you lost a toddler!"

Ann H

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2006, 10:33:05 PM »

Ya, I had "lost" my baby in weight. This meant a lot to me: now I can carry her and still be putting only the same amount of stress on my knees, feet, heart, etc as I had WITHOUT holding her before!!! And she is a big old chunk: it really is a great feeling.

Once I get this consulting project "tamed" (right now I have to eat for energy and so my weight is just stable) I'll start losing again and hope to get down to where I can carry my four-year-old and be at my original weight. That'll be -40 pounds. :) He might grow faster than I can lose, though! We'll see: at least I can "keep up" with my baby as she grows until she's 3 or so. :)

Cheers,
Ann H

Stephen M (Ethesis)

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2006, 04:26:54 PM »

Ann H says: "When I lost 18, I stacked up enough books on the scale to get 18 pounds."  This is a fabulous idea!  You should put it up on Tips & Innovations -- and I intend to try it myself at my next weigh-in (the 16th).

I'm going to stack some books ...

Rabin the Cat

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2006, 10:21:54 PM »

225 three days in a row- I'll take it!

I'm experimenting with my times on the oil. Stink Ape and I do just about everything together, but we seem to have different rhythms when it comes to the oil. I think I need to take my second dose later in the day or I get munchy about 11 pm or so. Also, we're paying close attention to the different food needs on different days. Some days it feels I hardly need to eat a thing.

ETA just tried on some dresses that I couldn't wear last summer. They fit perfectly! I must wear them in the next few months, though, because they won't fit for long....
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 11:57:25 PM by Rabin the Cat »

Rabin the Cat

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2006, 08:13:51 PM »

Wow. A busy and crazy couple of weeks. I only dropped a pound- 224- but that's fine because we were at a wedding over the weekend, then a family funeral for the week following that. Food was crappy and exercise was difficult. We're both back on track with no loss of ground. I'm ready to drop a few more though; I've been flirting with 224 for about 3 weeks.

I missed you guys!

Rabin the Cat

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2006, 11:50:34 PM »

Switched to grapeseed oil today. No taste and good appetite suppression. I'm still noodling with my times, but I only work part time and I work one night a week, so my days are very erratically scheduled. I think it might be better in the long run that my flavorless calorie intake time is all over the map, but it does make planning meals and being spontaneous tricky sometimes

Rabin the Cat

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2006, 08:26:56 PM »

223 two days in a row and appetite supression is back on track. That's 19 pounds donw total.  I started taking my oil with fizzy water and no longer have nausea. I also changed to grapeseed in the morning and canola at night. I'm trying the early am/late pm dosing schedule. I had been on an early am/evening schedule and plateaued for what seemed like years!

Rabin the Cat

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2006, 09:43:13 PM »

This post is really about Stink Ape's weightloss, not mine. He doesn't weigh himself, so we have no idea how much he's lost. He's 6'5" and was likely close to 350 lbs. I'm 5'4". When we hug, I wrap my arms around him and can juuuust touch my fingertips in the small of his back. Tonight, I stood up and threw my arms around him and clasped my hands fully together. I suddenly realized what I was doing and squeezed him tighter and yelled some thing deliriously excited.  We were pretty stoked.

Now to go all fan boy: Seth, I feel as if SLD has added years to our lives already. Thank you.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18