Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
The honeymoon is so over

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The honeymoon is so over  (Read 6573 times)

tek_vixen

• A mind is a terrible thing to lose!
Re: The honeymoon is so over
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2006, 01:32:12 PM »

The past week or so I've been turning down BF's suggestions to go to all-you-can-eat types of places.  I'm just not feeling that level of control yet.  However, I finally felt like I could handle a small foray into that world with a trip to a Mexican restaurant.  I was concerned about the chips and salsa.  I handled that just fine.  Ate about 8-10 chips.  Ate my taco.  Where I fell apart was the sauteed vegetables that I had instead of the beans and rice.  I should have pushed back when I was halfway through, but I ate the rest anyway because they tasted so darn good!  :evil:  Sigh!  At least it wasn't the chips!

Congrats saggi girl, for taming your buffet beast!  I will still have to work on mine ...

T-Vix

saggi girl

20 pounds in 4 months
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2006, 08:55:58 AM »

Starting weight on 6/14/06:  211
Current weight as of 10/13/06:  191

This is an average of 5 pounds per month.  I think it's ideal:  not too fast, but not so slow that I get discouraged.

I am shooting for a goal weight of 130, which is another 61 pounds away.  It will probably take me at least another year to reach this goal.  This might seem like a long time to those who are in a hurry to lose their weight, but when I consider the fact that it took me 15 years to accumulate this much weight, I feel that one year is just a blink of an eye.

I hope Seth doesn't get tired of this forum before I reach my goal weight.  But even if this forum goes away, I will continue to use SLD to get my weight down, and life will go on.

Jenn

• **~Feeling more ZEN every day~**
    • come listen to some of our tunes on myspace
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2006, 09:48:34 AM »

Oh my gosh, I never thought that the forum could cease to exist one day....what would we do if it ever happened?  I hope that our online support group will go on for a very long time!  At least until I see the scale move by a pound or two....  which by the speed of my progress.....will be a very long time! :P

Jenn
Drinking anything that feels good at the moment, not worrying about my body and feeling very, very good about that!
I am at a healthy weight and get slimmer/healthier every day!

saggi girl

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2006, 11:58:02 AM »

Jenn, I sincerely hope it doesn't take you the same amount of time to reach your goal as it does for me to reach mine!  That would suck!

Anyway, the point I was trying to make is that I feel I have some personal control and power over my weight now, which I never felt I had before, so that I know I can do this on my own if necessary.  I love the forum community and I feel we are all having a great time comparing notes with each other, but for me the real benefit of SLD has been that personal feeling of power.

Jenn

• **~Feeling more ZEN every day~**
    • come listen to some of our tunes on myspace
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2006, 01:50:09 PM »

Jenn, I sincerely hope it doesn't take you the same amount of time to reach your goal as it does for me to reach mine!  That would suck!

Anyway, the point I was trying to make is that I feel I have some personal control and power over my weight now, which I never felt I had before, so that I know I can do this on my own if necessary.  I love the forum community and I feel we are all having a great time comparing notes with each other, but for me the real benefit of SLD has been that personal feeling of power.

Yeah, I know what you mean about personal power.  I know that I have real control over cravings and even if the occasional time the Appetite suppression subsides, I know it is only temporary due to hormones etc.  I remember Seth saying he wasn't really worried about how fast he lost, It just happened.  Maybe if we develop a real nonchalant attitude toward the scale the evil gnome that I think is living inside will feel unloved and move away and the scale will start to move downward :D

Jenn
Drinking anything that feels good at the moment, not worrying about my body and feeling very, very good about that!
I am at a healthy weight and get slimmer/healthier every day!

lvivianka

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2006, 06:03:33 PM »

I think the only reason for this forum to go away would be if every body in the world reached their ideal weight. wouldn't that be wonderful!! :lol:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18