sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Almost immediately, my appetite was roughly halved. I became stunningly detached from eating -- I still feel real hunger, but the compulsions lurking behind it -- that little voice that says, "seriously, McDonalds, NOW" -- are gone. No more guilty batches of cookies or brownies before bed. I mean, I still like cookies and brownies, but there's just no drive to seek them out. I don't really care about them. -- Daffodil-11

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm so hungry  (Read 5996 times)

Georgie

I'm so hungry
« on: July 11, 2009, 11:51:01 pm »

I recently read Seth's book and as soon as I read it, it was like God had sent me an answer to my prayers. I have been trying for a long time to lose weight and almost can't believe it's true and so easy.

I have only just started to be honest, (day 3)  but I find that after the sugar water I am very hungry. is this normal for everyone? or should I switch to the oil?

I need to lose 73 pounds

at present I have been taking 3 tbs of sugar and two tbs of oil after dinner close to bedtime.
I've read the posts and have seen that I have to increase the sugar to 4 tbs (I think I'm right).

anyhow, I am a little concerned because I've always loved sugar. I remember when I was pregnant and had to take the glucose test. everyone told me how disgustingly sweet that was, well I enjoyed that drink. my dad has diabetes and all the signs are worrying me that I am heading in the same direction.

nougat

• Malta EU
Re: I'm so hungry
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 12:57:14 am »

welcome georgie.

i believe it takes a while for the effects to kick in. 

some are having great success with xylitol instead of sugar.

best of luck!

Georgie

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 01:15:11 am »

thank you for the tip. I didn't even know what it was, so I quickly read up on it. it says it's  less calories than sugar, so that would mean I need to use more right?

shovelqueen

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 04:36:55 am »

thank you for the tip. I didn't even know what it was, so I quickly read up on it. it says it's  less calories than sugar, so that would mean I need to use more right?

Actually, maybe not.  It is metabolized entirely differently than sugar. I am finding good AS on only 2 tbsp (60 cals) of XY, where I had been taking 250 cals or so of the oil before.  It's all trial and error, with yourself as the experimental guinea pig.  :D  You might try moving your SLD dose to earlier in the day, maybe mid afternoon, so you have a meal planned for afterwards?

Welcome to the forums.  Good luck!

"Strength, balance, joy!"

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 10:10:30 am »

I find that after the sugar water I am very hungry. is this normal for everyone? or should I switch to the oil?

Sugar water has that effect on some people. I suggest you switch to xylitol or oil. Or both.

Ainsprid

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 09:44:12 am »

There's a lot of possible variations on flavourless calories Georgie ^^

If the sugar isn't working for you, switch to xylitol or oil as Seth said ..
Me, I've taken glasses of milk with two spoons of olive oil on top, and
started noseclipping meals today, which is pretty good! I guess it
takes some tweaking till you find what works best for you :)

desHexle

• near by Stuttgart, Germany
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 05:27:45 am »

i take only oil, and You see itīs working very good...  :D i tried only one times sugarwater  :shock: didnīt like it, and i was also very hungry after this, because i think i had drinked it too fast.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18