Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Isara's progress - finally 10 pounds down!!

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Isara's progress - finally 10 pounds down!!  (Read 11008 times)

Isara

thank you food poisoning?
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2006, 09:47:19 PM »

So a further whoosh to 261.4. YIPPEEE!!!

Calories: around 1500

a little more munching today since I didn't eat since lunch yesterday. And no oil today either, since my department went out for a mandatory fun day to Mexican food and margaritas. I abstained from the margaritas, but did indulge in chicken enchilladas in mole with refried beans and rice. I was still full from lunch, so I had some ice cream and sorbet for dinner.

Ok, so not the healthiest day. Once in a while won't kill me. Salads tomorrow, I think.

Lots of happy things going on right now. I was finally approved to move into a beautiful house in 2 weeks. I'm nearly done with my Master's degree (but there's still a long way to go). Some other stuff which is sooper seekrit. ;)

Looking up! Maybe I'll finally break into the 250's this week???

Isara

6/29/2006 - food is not a stress-relief pill
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2006, 09:48:04 PM »

weight: 262.4 (up 1 lb, but a total 7.6 loss)
calories: 1916

Guh. I was such a piggie today. I wasn't hungry, but I was just a little nibbly. Lots of stresses right now, and I never thought of myself as a stress-eater. In fact, when I went to get dinner tonight, it was specifically to get a little bit of sushi and some miso soup. Since I went for boat sushi, my avowed 2 pieces of saba nigiri and miso soup turned into 4 pieces of saba nigiri, miso soup, 2 pieces of salmon nigiri, an avocado and shrimp tempura roll, and some gelato.

I really need to go to the grocery store and take control of my meals again. I don't think I've cooked in weeks. Just can't seem to find the tiiiimmmmmeeeeee!!!!

Isara

Re: Isara's progress - start: 270 now: 265
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2006, 08:06:16 PM »

weight: 265
calories 1110

bit of a bump tonight. at least I can safely say now that I won my bet?

I was terribly hungry much of the day. Probably a result of my "binge" last night distending my stomach. That's my theory anyway. Lunch today was a spinach salad with pine nuts, Italian bacon, onions, feta, and a vinagrette. Dinner was a bowl of cereal with a banana.

Took 1.5 T of coconut 2x today. It's weird, but it's kinda starting to gross me out. Why would it suddenly start grossing me out now, after weeks of no problems?

CarolS

Re: Isara's progress - start: 270 now: 265
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2006, 04:44:47 AM »

I am shocked too!  Any ideas what the numbers were before?

Isara

won my bet!
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2006, 08:12:25 PM »

I've mostly been doing 1.5T of oil once a day instead of breakfast. I've been trying to increase to 2x a day, but I'm not terribly consistant with that. The type of oil doesn't seem to make a difference as I wrinkled my nose at the canola oil this morning (I use coconut at work. although I believe the coconut to be healthier, it's a bit of a mess, and I'm considering going to canola or ELOO)

I reported to my friend just now and I've won my bet for this month! I lost 6.4 lbs this month, and my measurements were mostly down, too:

Weight: 263.6
calories: 1012 (a ton of sashimi, some miso soup and a small salad)
1.5 T canola in the AM

6/2/2006:
Weight: 270
Neck: 15 1/4"
Bicep: 16 1/2"
Bust: 48 1/2"
Underbust: 43 1/2"
Waist: 46 1/2"
Hips: 58"
Thigh: (was recorded as 27 1/2" but this was a misread, so this measurement will not count for this month)

7/1/2006:
Weight: 263.6 (-6.4)
Neck: 14 7/8" (-1/2")
Bicep: 17" (+1/2")
Bust: 47 3/4" (-3/4")
Underbust: 42" (-1 1/2")
Waist: 46 1/2" (no change)
Hips: 56 3/4" (- 1 1/4")
Thigh: 32" (null)

Monthly low: 261.4 on 6/28/2006

I wonder what he's gonna get me...?!

Isara

Re: Isara's progress - down 8.4 lbs for the first month
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2006, 06:36:46 PM »

quick update, out the door.

weight: 261.6 (yay!)
calories: 1200
1.5 T canola in AM, big burrito and chips around 2, 2:30 PM

Rabin the Cat

Re: Isara's progress - down 8.4 lbs for the first month
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2006, 11:38:54 PM »

I had the same experience recently in which I was suddenly thoroughly repulsed by the idea of drinking my oil. I just held my nose and used really cold water to wash it down. Lasted a few days. Odd....

Isara

Re: Isara's progress - who knows?
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2006, 01:38:56 PM »

rolled off the wagon and down the hillside. Fortunately, I think it was a short hill.

I finished my MA degree this week, moved house on Saturday, a very close friend has gone missing, I'm putting down flooring in two bedrooms, and work is taking off. So concentrating on cooking and taking care of myself has been soooo far away from my conciousness that I have not been keeping track of anything or taking oil or exercising beyond lifting boxes and laying down floor..

Things are still very crazy and I won't have time to go grocery shopping for a few days, but hopefully the hunger suppression effects from the oil will kick in again and I will get back to 1100-1500 calories or so.

Isara

Re: Isara's progress - 262.4
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2006, 02:00:45 PM »

Alright, at least I didn't fall too far off the wagon. The weeks of installing flooring and moving and thinking have apparently paid off and I'm back to slurping my oil again. I managed to save half of my lunch for dinner or lunch tomorrow. woo hoo! That hasn't happened in a few weeks.

I also, since I have the money now, paid for a year's membership at an extremely nice gym here in Alameda. Raquetball courts, two personal training sessions, massage rooms, lap pool, private whirlpools and showers in the women's room, women's training rooms, at least 4 different types of workout rooms, basketball court, indoor batting cage, etc. etc.! I'm so excited, I don't know where to start at this place! Oddly, though, it does have a beer & pizza cafe. Also serves salads and such, but still. Funny!

Isara

Re: Isara's progress - back up onto the wagon
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2006, 09:40:39 PM »

doing better now that I've started taking oil in the AM again. I only ate around 1350 calories today, mostly in the form of burrito. Still sucking on this whole vegetable thing... Once I get a routine figured out for the new home, it'll be easier to go shopping for veggies and fruits. I have no excuse, either. There's a farmer's market 2 blocks from my home!!

I'm not sure how the calories are gonna shake out with going to the gym. More activity = hungrier, so hopefully I'll be able to do enough to start increasing my metabolism and counteract the increased calorie intake which always happens

Isara

Re: Isara's progress - finally 10 pounds down!!
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2006, 11:30:39 AM »

after 2 months, I'm now at 260, which is the lowest point so far (and the lowest I've been in 2 years).

I basically took the month of July off, since there was too much going on. Moving is not condusive to my handling other goals, and I ended up ordering a small pizza with salad fairly frequently. Oil? Packed in a box somewhere. Once I was moved and finished my MA degree, the month didn't stop smacking me about the head, and I had a friend die. :(

But now that the major stressors are hopefully over *knock on wood*, I'm able to do what I need to do. I've been really good about taking 1.5 Tbl of canola in the morning, and I've only been eating once a day at lunch. I get kind of hungry in the evenings, but I've been able to ignore it. Not perfect ("perfect" in my mind is eating at least 2x a day, small meals I make myself - I'm still unpacking so this isn't happening yet), but I'm consistantly seeing loss this week.

BarbH

« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2006, 04:08:43 PM »

That's a terrific loss for that time frame.  Good for you.  Sounds a little like a roller coaster ride.  Moving, completing your Masters, and losing a friend.  Bless your heart!   Any one of those three major events would stress most people.  I hope you can ease into your new place and have some simple, uncomplicated times.  You've earned that.    Keep knocking wood - It works!   Best, BarbH

Isara

« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2006, 04:11:10 PM »

Thanks for the sweet note BarbH. :) I think my body has decided it needs a rest as I've now come down with a cold. Enforced rest. Blast!  :roll:

lovelady1

« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2006, 04:42:39 PM »

Thanks for documenting your story! You are so strong and persistant! I am sooooo encouraged by your story and your loss! You can do it!!!!!!

Isara

« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2006, 06:55:56 PM »

thanks lovelady :) your note was very encouraging *hugs*
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18