Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
To Diet Or To Lifestyle

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: To Diet Or To Lifestyle  (Read 7507 times)

Ericksmadhouse

To Diet Or To Lifestyle
« on: July 04, 2009, 03:19:16 PM »

Step one to a new lifestyle.
It seems there is always the latest frenzy of diets.
Brand name diets come and go as quickly as Octomom
is having babies.  Then there are the “Extreme” diets.

I would say over 95% of diets out there work.  I do
question ones health on extreme diets that
advertise losing 7-10 pounds per week; when a
healthy weight loss should be no more than
2-3 pounds a week.

The problem with the word “DIET” is that you can't
stay on them forever.  One could end up with serious
health issues staying on an “Extreme” diet over the
recommended length of time. 

Forget the diets, forget the calorie counting unless
you're a professional athlete.  How about a lifestyle
change.  Make a decision, a promise to change the
way you're eating, to excersie consistently, to have
a new LIFESTYLE on your own health. 

Start by a decision.  Write your goals down on a
3 x 5 card and place it on your bathroom mirror.
The goals should be:
How much do you want to weigh.
When do you want to achieve the new weight.

Be realistic on the time issue.  You shouldn't be
losing anymore than 2-3 pounds a week after your
first 2 weeks of your new lifestyle.

Take a head to toe photo.  Take measurements of
arms, chest, waist, hips (if female) and thighs.  Get
serious, take your lifestyle by the horns.

Polaroid Doll

Re: To Diet Or To Lifestyle
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 04:36:05 PM »

Bravo!  :D

This is a message that doesn't get enunciated nearly enough. It's great to post this--hopefully people will find inspiration in it.

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 10:19:42 PM »

easier said than done.

i admire anyone who can really amake such changes in the long term.

its obviously the ideal.....

Clarinette

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 06:09:03 AM »

I wouldn't stop my calories counting. That is what helps me to set some boundaries for myself. And time limits is hard to respect too. It need to be more then realistic to set a time limit otherwise, it does put too much presser on me. That said, I agree that 2 pound a week is enough. I would say that it is very hard to loose consistently 2 pounds a week. 1 pound a week is more likely to happen and that is if there is a lot of weight to be lost. Some people here loose 1 pound every 2-3 weeks and it is very good and normal depending of how much weight we have to loose. The idea is to eat healthy and to loose pounds while learing to make good food choices. Sometime, when I am listening to the Big Losers, it make me sad to see how they treat them. I find it so radical. We don't have to suffer as much as that to be able to lose weight, I hope....!
Enjoy your day :)

Polaroid Doll

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 01:27:22 PM »

Perhaps it's difficult for some people to achieve in the long-term, but we cannot achieve goals that we don't set for ourselves, and this is a very reasonable and wise goal to set. And as is often said, a new habit takes only ~ four weeks to form, so long term is really the result of short term...

It's worth aiming for, even if long-term seems so 'long-term'...  :)

Clarinette

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 05:23:58 PM »

I agree!  :D

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2009, 09:37:29 PM »

of course it is worth striving for.

4 weeks?  i've had more than one instance when for 3 whole months at a time i've strived for good habits - and still eventually fallen back ....

i think that like any addiction it is a lifelong struggle.

multitasker

• Pharmacy Pacific
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 11:46:04 AM »

Thanks for the tips. Very well said. People will now start to think if they should really undergo a diet or just maintain their lifestyle.

adventurer

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 02:53:57 PM »

Great, thank you!  Self-tracking helps very much.  You can get started by tracking something small, like making a chart or graph of your weight everyday. 

lorettahenry

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 12:09:03 AM »

The Most Effective Diet Plan to Help You Lose Weight Fast
When you are not satisfied with your body figure and ready to lose weight, the first thing you can remind may be how to arrange an exercise plan. But you should not forget a more important side that is a proper diet plan for weight losing. Good diet plan help you control weight. Though there are many fad diets, the most effective diet plans are the ones that have showed time and time again that they work...
LOW FAT
Low-fat diets consist of counting and limiting your fat intake. Since this is a popular weight-loss approach, many brands offer low-fat and fat-free versions of their products. One thing to consider is that all types of fat are not necessarily bad, such as unsaturated fats.
LOW CARB
Low-carbohydrate diets monitor and restrict your crab intake. Many low-crab diets are high in lean protein sources. These diets sometimes restrict fat intake as well. Since carbohydrates increase insulin production in the body, which is an energy source, the idea is to replace carbohydrates with proteins, which is a longer-lasting source of energy.
LOW CALORIE
Low-calorie diets often go hand-in-hand with low-fat diets. Low-calorie diets require you to keep track of your daily intake of calories to keep the number under a set limit that will help you lose weight. Many people on low-calorie diets choose low-fat foods to keep their calorie counts down.
GLYCEMIC INDEX
The glycolic index measures and categorizes different sources of carbohydrates based on how they affect the body’‘s blood sugar levels. The goal of the G.I. diet is to try to eliminate or reduce high G.I. foods from your diet, replacing them with foods that are low on the glycolic index.
MEAL REPLACEMENTS
Some diets feature meal replacements--often in liquid form--to reduce your overall calorie intake. These liquid meals are generally used to replace breakfast and lunch. Dinner would then be a healthy balanced meal. The meal replacements generally contain calories, vitamins and minerals to keep your body balanced.
HIGH FIBER
Diets that are high in fiber help people lose weight by making them feel full for longer periods of time. Foods that are high in fiber can also make you eat slower, as they can require you to chew more than other foods. High-fiber foods include fruits, vegetables, wheat and beans.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18