Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Nose clipping questions.

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nose clipping questions.  (Read 7477 times)

Bulldog-girl

Nose clipping questions.
« on: June 30, 2009, 12:31:52 PM »

I have read most of the posts but have this question. I have been noseclipping on and off and when I do, even though I rinse my mouth out lots and drink lots of water before taking off the clips, I still can detect some "taste" or something at the back of my throat. It is more apparent if the food is more highly spiced. So my question is, is this normal? Am I supposed to rinse for like 20 minutes? I do breathe through my nose and out my mouth as well. Am I supposed to not detect a faint "taste" or "preceived taste" after eating with nose clips? I really want to do this but want to make sure that I am doing it right.

thanks. :D

goblyn

• C'est ne pas une goblyn
Re: Nose clipping questions.
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 12:54:44 PM »

How long does the taste last?  After I nose clip I get a few second "rush" of flavor of whatever I had eaten (even if I rinse my mouth out and breathe through my nose) and it doesn't affect my AS.

However, if you are getting flavor for a while afterwards, then I'd say you might have a super tasting issue.  Have you tried brushing your teeth while noseclipped after eating?  I do that, and while I taste the toothpaste afterwards, I don't honestly think that toothpaste is giving me any flavor associations that would ruin my AS...

Bulldog-girl

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 01:18:34 PM »

I guess I get the "rush of flavor"  for more than a few seconds but not a long while. I have sadly not done enough nose clipping to consitantly analyze the AS. I do seem to get it. I will also try the toothbrushing. I dont seem to get the flavor from my mouth however. It really only seems to be way back on my palate, probably where the sinuses start.

Thanks for the help!!

Heidi 555

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 04:38:35 PM »

Bulldog-girl, you're doing everything right.  Definitely with foods with a strong flavor it's hard to get rid of the after taste.  I try to end with something more mild or wait longer before taking the clips off.  You could try brushing with baking soda.  If you're nose clipping different kinds of foods, then you're probably having subtly different after tastes, which probably isn't enough to form a flavor calorie association.  I try to strike a balance between doing the best I can do eliminate flavor, and then relaxing and not worrying about residual taste. 
It took 1 year of nose clipping
to lose 20 pounds (from about 140 to 120)
Dropped from size 8-10 to size 4
I'm 5' 4.5"

Read about my success nose clipping regular food instead of doing oil or sugar: http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=5903.

Bulldog-girl

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 11:20:24 AM »

Thanks so much.  :D

mon.mon

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 08:09:08 AM »

about that brushing teeth
is it ok if I brush my teeth with my nose being clipped at that 2 hours window?

Maychi

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 08:15:37 AM »

Yes, that should be OK, that's what I do.

shovelqueen

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 09:08:18 AM »

about that brushing teeth
is it ok if I brush my teeth with my nose being clipped at that 2 hours window?

Or you can brush with baking soda.  Gets your teeth nice and clean, but no flavour while brushing or after-taste.

"Strength, balance, joy!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18