Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Found the perfect little bottle for carrying oil

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Found the perfect little bottle for carrying oil  (Read 9322 times)

falconcy

Re: Found the perfect little bottle for carrying oil
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2006, 02:49:40 AM »

I've never had any probs getting free drinks out of cabin crew, and this will be a lot easier now you can't take them on board, especially with kids. You may even be able to get toothpaste and small brushes on board, given the embargo on such items, sure I saw them in the goody bag. It will also likely depend on the airline you are flying on as well as the airports you are using.

I would think you might go through Dubai somewhere en route, no probs in Dubai Airport, food and drink in Dubai Duty Free area is very cheap ;-) I've flown Emirates a few times and their crew are usually pretty good. I don't know how the price compares, but you could fly via Dubai, then on to JFK and over to your final destination from there.

My sympathies on flying cattle class, I know what you mean, tis a real bitch getting the dropdown tray to fit when you are a bit on the big size.

Ann H

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2006, 04:29:37 AM »

My sympathies on flying cattle class, I know what you mean, tis a real bitch getting the dropdown tray to fit when you are a bit on the big size.

Gee, I hadn't thought about this size-wise. All the more reason for me to keep up my "nuke down the weight" experiment and try my best to make it work! Smaller would certainly seem to indicate easier all around in flying (given that I'm already tall enough to reach everything.) And less body mass = less need to hydrate, doesn't it?

Hmmm....

Marianna

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2006, 07:15:18 AM »

I don't know--I suspect the airlines are going to have to provide "in air concessions" or the like--

zerimar

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2006, 10:01:21 AM »

My recent experience with domestic US air travel:

I was away from home with a half full bottle of walnut oil and jar of coconut oil. I had to fly home from the east coast, (US) to west coast last Friday the second day of no liquid allowed in the plane.  I didn't want to throw out good oil, so I mixed them and stored it in a strong plastic (Nalgene) bottle, in my checked luggage.  It came through fine.  I also took a last dose of oil in the airport, before going through security.  I did throw out the cute perfect jam jar I use to carry my single dose of oil, I can get a new one at a place that sells sample sizes of mustard and jam.

When on the plane I asked for tea, bag on the side, and sugar, so I had a little warm sugar water.  There were quick chances to eat and drink during one layover.  It was slightly complicated but painless, SLD-wise. 

Now AnneH, you will be adding about 24 extra hours, 2 small children and several customs and immigration stops!  You can have your tooth brush, and the airport shops are still selling all those travel size shampoo and toothpaste kits designed for travelers. I have traveled with small kids and can appreciate your panic.  But just imagine this (to calm yourself), on one plane trip, with a baby asleep on the chairs to my right and left, I had about 2 uninterupted hours to browse magazines.  It was bliss.  I wish you some such moments next month.   Z.

I started June 1, 2006

terio

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2006, 11:06:56 AM »

I can see a market for powdered products that can easily be mixed with water on the plane.  Freeze dried juice, tooth powder, etc.

Ann H

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2006, 10:23:16 PM »

I'm actually the most worried about diaper cream. My daughter gets rashy easily, and ANY baby going through 31 hours on planes / stuck in airports gets rashy without creams. That is the part I'm dreading. Ugh.

Good news that it's not so bad, though, on the whole, and manageable for SLD!

falconcy

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2006, 07:29:06 AM »

I think you'll find that most baby stuff will be OK to get onboard. If they are funny about it, just be a normal mother and say, well you'd better have some of this on the plane that I can use or my kid is gonna make everybody's like a misery when she gets diaper rash.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18