Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Transporting Canola Oil - What not to do.

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transporting Canola Oil - What not to do.  (Read 3065 times)

thinktwice

Transporting Canola Oil - What not to do.
« on: August 16, 2006, 05:57:02 AM »

One note on traveling and storage of canola oil. My first trip I used sugar water and will use this instead of canola oil after my experience on my second trip. I looked around for something to store my doses of canola oil and settled on this little Rubbermaid juice holder. All plastic, good seals and a folding straw to boot. So I put my canola oil doses in and put the whole thing in a double zip lock bag. All is still not leaking when I remove it form my carry on during my flight. I pop open the straw and then....it started gushing oil. I guess the pressure difference did it. The thing looked like a mini- oil derrick. Out came most of the canola oil. All over me, the floor, everything. What a mess. I'll bet the people cleaning the plane had some puzzled looks when they found my seat! So needless to say I will stick to sugar water on flights until I have another brilliant storage idea. he he!

Marianna

Re: Transporting Canola Oil - What not to do.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 07:20:20 AM »

not that you will be able to carry oil onto planes anymore. . . . :x

frenata

• mustela frenata
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 07:27:27 AM »

I had the same thought. I'm flying Boston to London and back next month, and at the moment, on that particular route, they're allowing you to carry your wallet and your passport in a clear plastic bag. And that's all.

Six hours. No computer. No book. No MP3 player. No Palm. I'm going to be a screaming nutcase unless they relax that a little.
Running weight tally:

falconcy

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 07:59:37 AM »

That has been relaxed. You can take the computer on again, and the mp3 player, just one small bag the size of the laptop bag, and your handbag has to go in it. The oil might be a problem though. Worst case scenario, use sugar water which you can filch from a stewardess.

frenata

• mustela frenata
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 08:14:55 AM »

That has been relaxed. You can take the computer on again, and the mp3 player, just one small bag the size of the laptop bag, and your handbag has to go in it. The oil might be a problem though. Worst case scenario, use sugar water which you can filch from a stewardess.
When did that happen? Somebody from our London office flew here a couple days ago, and he had to come computerless. We had to rustle one up for him.
Running weight tally:

falconcy

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 09:24:05 AM »

It happened yesterday, when your colleague flew it was still in operation. There was also a far more serious problem of laptops being stolen after being checked in. The rule about one piece of cabin baggage is being strictly enforced, so you'll need to put your usual handbag stuff into your laptop bag, try checking on two and you'll have problems.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/08/16/news/terror.php

Later, the British authorities allowed passengers to carry small bags, though no liquids, into airplane cabins.

International security measures have lacked consistency, with different countries imposing different rules.

According to the low-cost carrier Ryanair, flights from Poland to Britain remained subject to the strictest limitations on hand baggage, with passengers barred from bringing anything but essential items like passports and wallets. But Ryanair said flights from France and Italy to Britain faced a slightly different level of security, with passengers allowed to carry on bags but not liquids or gels.

mdc

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2006, 05:11:21 PM »

Well, maybe the noseclips can be used on the plane whilst eating the awful airplane food :)   They won't seem so weird there as one could always explain it's a cure for ear pressure :)

saggi girl

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2006, 06:25:35 PM »

My boss had to fly to a board meeting today, and he jokingly commented that he would have to fly naked.  He seemed quite cheerful about the prospect.  Silly man.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18