Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
NuLu on SLD

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: NuLu on SLD  (Read 13350 times)

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
Re: NuLu on SLD
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2013, 10:56:56 PM »

That's good to know. One person said that SLD did not work for him....when he started it, he also started eating ice cream. "It's the diet where you can eat anything," he explained.

tanstaafl

Re: NuLu on SLD
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2013, 06:00:04 AM »

Wow, I haven't updated for so long! It is partly because I can't find anything to encourage the fellow SLD'ers.
What I learned:
- Refined olive oil (no eloo in my country) does not work for me
- Hazelnut oil does not work at all either (poor me, last year I had started SLD with hazelnut oil expecting results)
- To measure is to know - rating my appetite daily helped finding what works for me best
- Flavorless window size matters - the more I wait after oil, the more AS I get - to a certain extent of course.
- Skipping snacks is more effective than skipping lunch

Hi NuLu,

Very new here and this is the first thread I read. I'm also new to the SLD, and hoping it will help with my cravings.

I'm very natural health knowledgeable, but after recovering from drug addiction/alcoholism (28+ yrs clean and going strong), I slowly developed a weight problem, seemingly transferring my drug addiction to food. My biggest problem foods are cookies/crackers/chips and breads - and ice cream.

The heaviest I got was 309lbs, but I've gained/lost many times. When I'm on my 'program' (basically just eating healthy, avoiding most - especially empty - carbs, eating only organic produce and meats (grassfed/naturally pastured without the crap hormones and other garbage), etc, and a moderate exercise program, I easily lose the weight. The problem is maintaining. Something will happen 6 months into it, or a year or more even, and I start slipping - Chik-Fil-A has been the startrting point for slippage more than once.

A couple of things...

First, you mentioned canola oil as one of the oils... canola is bad, bad, avoid at all costs.

The oil that I will try first is MCT (medium-chain triglyceride) oil, which is basically just a deodorized coconut oil (a high quality coconut oil being one of the healthiest oils you could ever use, bar none). MCT oil will, in my opinion, be the best oil for this program for two reasons - it is basically tasteless, but even better is *good* for you. It is brain food, and has the added benefit of being a known metabolism enhancer. Time will tell if I am right. I'll start my own thread soon.

Second - as has been pointed out, you really shouldn't be worried about weight so much as body fat. A good exercise program is essential to health, but most people go about it all wrong.

First, muscle is much more dense than fat. You may have heard it said that muscle 'weighs 5 times as much as fat', but this simply isn;t true. Muscle is more dense, and a lb of muscle takes up less space than fat. The whole 'weighs 5 times as much' is a misunderstanding that came from the simple fact that a lb of fat requires 4-5 lbs of *water* to *support* it. So, it isn't that muscle weighs 5 times as much as the fat itself, but it does weigh 5 times as much as the fact+the water required to support the fat.

This is why you can achieve your desired end result (look great, fit into your clothes, gain true health, etc) but end up either no net weight gain or loss, or even gain a little weight, but losing the fat *inches*.

Traditional 'cardio' is actually really bad for the body in the long run. Look at animals in nature. You'll never ever see an animal 'jogging'. You'll see bursts of energy, followed by resting. The best exercise program is one of the high intensity workout programs, where you go as hard as you can for x minutes, then rest/recover for a minute or two, then repeat the cycle for 15 or twenty minutes, and do this 2-3 times per week. Combine this with 1-2 strength training sessions per week on the off days, and that is all it takes! I was so happy when I learned this because I have always *hated* the 60+ minutes of cardio that I used to do.

Anyway, hope you don't give up...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18