Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
NuLu on SLD

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: NuLu on SLD  (Read 11472 times)

NuLu

NuLu on SLD
« on: June 13, 2009, 09:51:19 AM »

Hello SLD'ers.

I met SLD 4 months ago and started the diet right away with high hopes. However, I did not get good AS. I was taking 2 tbsp of hazelnut oil. I tried for about 6-7 weeks. I can't get the book delivered in my country so I read the forums. So I knew it took some time for AS to kick in for some people. I tried sugar water, switched oils, changed the time of taking the oil, spilt the dose etc. But I couldn't get enough AS. Finally I got some AS taking 1,5 tbsp before bed and 1,5 tbsp upon waking. It didin't last the second day and I started getting queasy. Tired of questioning "Am I getting AS? Did I get AS. Is it AS? Why am I hungry again? When will the AS kick in?" and after gaining three pounds, I stopped taking the oil. I did not lose my faith in SLD though. I just thought it just wasn't for me. But I kept reading the forums. And tried nose clipping some meals and taking oil irregularly without apparent success.

What made me restart was, even when I ate a big lunch, I got hungry again in 1.5 hours. Thinking about food all the time at work impaired my concentartion. And I was gaining weight. So I decided to give it another shot. And... It worked :) It is not strong, but it is there. I lost my interest in food, I still get hungry but get full much sooner and I stopped worrying about food (which is the best part :)) This time, I am not counting on the oil to regulate my food intake, I regulate it myself and counting on SLD to keep my psychology and mood up.

Also, I realised that taking the oil daily did not increase my AS so I started taking it every other day. Last time I took oil was 3 days ago and I am still not bothered by cravings/hunger so maybe I will take it tomorrow. I am trying to avoid the calories from oil.

Here are some stats about me:
Age 27, female, 5'4''
Weight:
  Collage: 117
  Working: 129 (gained in three yrs)
  Married: 124.5 (last summer)
  In six months, I reached 132 and with an ever increasing appetite, I was continuously gaining and god knows when I would stop gaining unless I met SLD. Most of my pants and some of my clothes were not fitting   :(
  First start: 132 lbs (Feb 09) - never done serious (longer than 3 days) diets before
  Second start: 135.5 lbs (Beginning of June 09)
  Now: Around 131-132  :D
Dose: 2 tbsp canola oil or NC'ed olive oil in the morning 2 hrs before or instead of breakfast EVERY 2 OR 3 DAYS
AS: Changing betweed mild and moderate
Goal: 120 (I don't know if it is reasonable/attainable but I would love to reach it)

I hope this works all the way along and I hope I inspire some people who lose their hopes and stop SLD.

Edited to correct weight stats
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 07:03:44 AM by NuLu »

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
Re: NuLu on SLD
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 02:42:29 PM »

Tks for sharing, NuLu. That's very interesting for me (I could have written your 1st paragraph!!) :D
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

NuLu

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 06:55:39 AM »

I haven't updated for long, but I am not off the wagon. I gave a one month break during holiday. I gained a couple of pounds and lost more. But I don't know what to say now. I was fooled by my optimistic mechanical bathroom scale. My wii fit told me that I am 3.5 pounds heavier than what my bathroom scale tells me. I think I need to update my recent stats.  :x

Well, I should be honest to myself. But here is the good part. I lost about 5 pounds since my second start. When I imagine a five-pounder lump of meat, it seems a lot to me :)

Ainsprid

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 06:48:58 AM »

NuLu, you are doing good. SLD is not a miracle diet, but it will work ^^

I've had the same situation as you, with the scales. But then goblyn kindly
told me he uses Wii Fit and that Wii Fit's calculations are far more accurate
than those of a regular scale. I think my regular scale told me I weighed 1,5
kg less than I really did (that's almost 3 pounds). So I updated all the stats
as well, and now weighing myself on Wii Fit only. ^^

Congrats on the loss! ^^

andypglasgow

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 06:40:29 AM »

Well done on the loss and sticking with it.

I guess in terms of how you weigh yourself, I'm thinking that as long as you use the same device every time, your weight LOSS should be accurate, even if your actual WEIGHT isn't.

Just my two cents,
Andy

NuLu

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 07:09:02 AM »

Thank you Andy, I think so. It just confused me about my BMI and goal weight. I realised that I was closer to the overweight zone than I thought, which was a bit upsetting. This made me reluctant to post my progress. But the important thing is to lose weight like you said. So I moved on.
My goal weight is not clear now. I want to lose ten pounds for the moment. I will decide if I need to go further when (if) I lose those.
By the way, it is time for an update. I have issues with digesting oil, so I have not been a disciplined and faithful SLD'er since my last update. I caught a cold two weeks ago on top of that, so I stopped taking oil. I recovered now but I am finding other excuses to postpone restarting. Good news is that I gained only two pounds since September. During this period, I went on two short vacations with plenty of stuff to eat. Next week, I am restarting.

andypglasgow

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 07:30:46 AM »

Next week?

Why not tomorrow? :-)

Andy

NuLu

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 07:46:08 AM »

:lol:
Because I will be out of town for holiday, visiting my in laws, I will not be able to take my oil. So I will make a fresh start on next Tuesday, when I am back. I will drink oil&water in the morning and pack myself a lunch of yogurt and cereals everyday. It worked perfectly for me before. I hope to get the same results...

andypglasgow

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2009, 07:49:08 AM »

Ah understood.

Mind you, if I was going to my inlaws, I'd be drinking oil in front of them, just to prove to them that I am the odd little fellow they think I am :-)

Have a good weekend - and good luck for next week!

Andy

NuLu

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2009, 07:56:27 AM »

I would not drink oil even in front of my father :)

Thank you Andy. I am impressed by your enthusiasm about SLD. I hope you make it to the "I made it" board. Good luck!

NuLu

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 05:09:21 AM »

Wow, I haven't updated for so long! It is partly because I can't find anything to encourage the fellow SLD'ers.
What I learned:
- Refined olive oil (no eloo in my country) does not work for me
- Hazelnut oil does not work at all either (poor me, last year I had started SLD with hazelnut oil expecting results)
- To measure is to know - rating my appetite daily helped finding what works for me best
- Flavorless window size matters - the more I wait after oil, the more AS I get - to a certain extent of course.
- Skipping snacks is more effective than skipping lunch

Since the beginning of last December, I started keeping an exercise, IF (intermittent fasting- whether I skipped lunch or not in my case, I almost always skip breakfast) and weight log on a spreadsheet. I don't weigh in daily by the way. I just wanted to see if there was any correlation. Then, I started adding columns to my log for desserts (yes/no), nuts (y/n), snacks (y/n), lunch , dinner, SLD dose (y/n), window length (hours), AS strength (scale 1-10).

I am not fond of keeping a food log but assessing AS was easier when I wrote down what I ate for lunch. For example:
eating a cup of yogurt and feeling full until 4.30 pm = good AS
eating a satisfying lunch and feeling full until 4.30 pm = moderate AS
eating a satisfying lunch and feeling hungry at 4.30 pm= bad (no) AS
This is my assessment of course.

Last but not the least, my weight is stable with small fluctuations for almost 6 months. The ticker below is a little optimistic, but I am not changing it :) A month ago, I decided to weigh in only when I am quite certain that the number I see will be less than the one I saw last time. I am trying to stick with that lately.

NuLu

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2010, 05:53:06 AM »

About two weeks ago, I started listening to Jon Gabriel's meditation CD every night . Either that, or posting here on April 26th (hello wiss :) ) made me start losing again. Yesterday, I saw my ticker weight on wii fit. (I was above it for quite some time but resisting to change it) This is the weight I first achieved in last September. Happily, I am thinner than I was then, thanks to "my fitness coach" video game.
Gabriel's advice on not weighing is really appropriate, I think. Although I cannot fully conform to this rule and throw my scales away, I am not stepping on the scales if I feel bloated. No need to stress and turn the fat switch on :)

NuLu

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2010, 11:27:13 PM »

New low means loss, no matter how small the loss is. down half a pound :) 

NuLu

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2010, 12:55:07 PM »

Considering that I ate chocolate everyday this week, I was afraid my weight would bounce back up after I saw the new low last week. Still 128.5 lbs  :D Total of 7 pounds lost in a year. Fingers crossed.

NuLu

Re: NuLu off SLD
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2012, 04:18:56 PM »

Hello, unfortunately this not a SLD success story.
SLD did not work for me good. But this forum taught me a lot.
I am almost at my goal weight. 122  pounds! What worked for me:
Gluten free for one year. (Didn't work much because I was eating nasty things, chips, chocolate)
Decreased carbs, ate somewhat %70 primal for last 4 months.
Intermittent fasting during ramadan (August)
tada! I lost 16 pounds in last 4 months. Now that I stopped IF because I am pregnant, I gained 2 pounds back.
When I was doing SLD, I was eating loads of pastries. After this pregnancy, when I am ready to lose weight, I might try SLD again but this time combined with low carb primal meal plan.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18