Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Question on Nose clipping

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question on Nose clipping  (Read 14156 times)

Bulldog-girl

Question on Nose clipping
« on: June 03, 2009, 04:06:24 PM »

I am new here and have been reading like crazy. I can't see to find anywhere, How long do you leave the noseclips on when consuming food? Do you take it off right away or do you leave it on for some amount of time? :D

brownie

Re: Question on Nose clipping
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 04:24:19 PM »

Hi Bulldog-girl.  I'm new here, too.  Here is my understanding of nose-clipping:

Leave the nose-clips on while you're eating.  When you're finished, you can rinse your mouth out with water to get rid of any lingering flavors before taking the nose-clips off.  Once you do take them off, it helps to breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth several times to get rid of any lingering flavors or smells in your sinuses.  Also, I believe you need to observe the flavor-free window of one hour both before and after a nose-clipped meal, just as if you were taking oil or sugar instead of nose-clipping.

I think that's an accurate summary of what I've read here, but I'm sure someone will let us know if I've got that wrong  :)  Good Luck!

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 04:50:54 PM »

Hey BG,  wow, brownie has explained it beautifully! Give me five!!  :D

Welcome and good luck to the both of you  :D
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

goblyn

• C'est ne pas une goblyn
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 06:44:07 AM »

To add to that, you can also brush your teeth immediately after eating while still wearing the noseclips (your dentist will be happy too), and then after rinsing out you can take off the nose clips.

That way the only bit of risidual flavor you may have in your mouth is toothpaste flavor rather than food flavor, and for me anyways, I don't find that I get any sort of "taste association" with it.

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 08:59:17 AM »

(your dentist will be happy too),

... NOT !!  :D
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

Bulldog-girl

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 03:33:30 PM »

Thanks all for clearing that up. I tried it last night but did not observe the one hour before and aft window. Glad I read your relies today. Now I can start again... :D

la-di-da

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 06:44:12 PM »

Hi,

Help!
Nose-clipping is killing my throat. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but the back of my throat is really sore when I swallow. Any suggestions, anyone?

goblyn

• C'est ne pas une goblyn
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 05:54:33 AM »

Have you ever had problems with your ears?  My bf has always had ear troubles and he just plain cannot noseclip, it hurts his ears too much.  I think throat pain could also be caused by ear problems associated with noseclipping.

If that's the case, then I really don't think there is a good way of noseclipping!  You may want to try something like putting tape over your nose or plugging the nostrils up rather than pinching it closed with clips.  That may be a way for you to noseclip without discomfort.  But I'm not entirely sure.

nemoly11

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 10:58:09 AM »

To add to that, you can also brush your teeth immediately after eating while still wearing the noseclips (your dentist will be happy too), and then after rinsing out you can take off the nose clips.

That way the only bit of risidual flavor you may have in your mouth is toothpaste flavor rather than food flavor, and for me anyways, I don't find that I get any sort of "taste association" with it.

Question for all you noseclippers- I am trying noseclipping for the first time this week (have used the ELOO oilmilk method to lose weight in the past, and have seen myself creep up 7 pounds, and am trying to lose 10-15 to get to my goal weight). 

This morning, I noseclipped my normal breakfast- steel cut oatmeal with blueberries.  I was a bit concerned because I could taste some of the blueberries. 

I brushed my teeth immediately after, because I had to go to work, and couldn't wear my noseclip there :)  Wanted to get out any extra oatmeal stuck in my teeth so I wouldn't taste it when the noseclip came off.  I could DEFINITELY taste the toothpaste.

So my question is- if I am a supertaster (I am 99% this is me- my BF says I have superhero smelling powers), and can taste these things with a noseclip on, am I sunk?  Or are these things I am tasting "tastes," and not "flavors," and they are ok?

Or in other words- should I not worry about what I taste if my nose seems to be plugged and most taste is gone?  Is what I am tasting ok, because it falls into the flavorless/sweet category?

Second, do you find that the AS eventually goes away, like it does for the ELOO method?  I usually have to "time" my oilmilk doses to make sure they last me until I go to bed- otherwise I get nasty bouts of insomnia to go along with my hunger.

Thanks in advance for all your advice.  You are always a great resource, and I'm happy to be back on this forum!

numpty01

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2011, 06:14:58 AM »

It could be one of two things - your noseclip might not be fitting correctly, which is a bit of a tough one because it might be too uncomfortable to get it fitting. I wear a noseclip when swimming so I am used to the feeling and even gargle while wearing the noseclip to wash away any after taste of the oil, but I try not to think too much about what I am doing - otherwise I might panic a bit  :-\

Another one is that it is residual memory - I've had this a couple of times when my noseclip is fitting fine (i.e. even if I close my mouth I cannot blow my nose without effort :)) but I still think I can taste something - which is impossible. I guess as our tongue is still working that you still get a big amount of the sensation, I don't really know.

N.

nemoly11

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2011, 09:29:47 AM »

It could be one of two things - your noseclip might not be fitting correctly, which is a bit of a tough one because it might be too uncomfortable to get it fitting. I wear a noseclip when swimming so I am used to the feeling and even gargle while wearing the noseclip to wash away any after taste of the oil, but I try not to think too much about what I am doing - otherwise I might panic a bit  :-\

Another one is that it is residual memory - I've had this a couple of times when my noseclip is fitting fine (i.e. even if I close my mouth I cannot blow my nose without effort :)) but I still think I can taste something - which is impossible. I guess as our tongue is still working that you still get a big amount of the sensation, I don't really know.

N.

Thanks numpty.  I have loosened the clip a bit, which has helped.  I definitely notice a difference with the clip on vs. off, so I'm hoping I'll still get AS from noseclipping, even if I do taste some sweet things and toothpaste with the clip on.

I'm also trying to have a smaller amount of food to deal with the breathing issue.  The less I have to eat, the less amount of time it takes me to eat while still being ok with my breathing. 

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2011, 07:00:58 AM »

The word "taste" ("I could taste the blueberries") might be misleading you. It is smell that matters. The noseclips should get rid of the smell. I cannot see how you could smell something while wearing noseclips.

I think supertasters have very sensitive tongues (taste) not very sensitive noses (smell). Although I might be wrong about that.

babyhopes

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2013, 05:51:52 AM »

I think I am a super taster but I have really good luck with Noseclipping, it helps a lot. I can tell by my tongue that I just had milk or coffee even though I cant smell them persay.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18