Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
After three months... Excited? Not as much as before, but still hopeful.

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: After three months... Excited? Not as much as before, but still hopeful.  (Read 14350 times)

vistula

• Montréal Canada

There is no significant change in my weight so far. Actually, since I have started my new weight loss experiment I gained some weight. It happened when I have been drinking EVOO during first two weeks. About two weeks ago I changed for FO and experience some AS but not to the extend I remember it from the past. It seems that I am doing everything correct and I shouldn’t drink more oil than 3 tbsp. a day based on my weight. I am going to wait for a stronger AS one more week. More over this Monday I am starting my yogapilate classes, so maybe this will make a difference. My current weight is 192.2 lb. :?

Started January 7, 2009

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

vistula

• Montréal Canada

Hello to ALL,
Today I finished my first week on Induction to Atkins Diet and my current weight is 188.8. I lost 3.4 lb during 7 days. I am very much relieved that I do not have to continue to drink oils there. Shangri-La Diet worked for me well for the first time (three years ago) for as long as I was able to drink oil. Second time, last year was much harder, because it took me much longer to start losing weight. Finally, I have managed to lose some, but much less than for the first time during the same period. Presently, I have been following Shangri-La for two months or so with zero progress. What I have lost during last week it is thank to DR Atkins.

I eat much less on Atkins diet; I have to even press myself to eat more, because this is what is required. Diet is simple to follow and tasty so far. I can eat foods I have omitted so often, so far, because of the stigma associated with them, like sour cream, butter and fatter pieces of meat, which I love. I came to the point that I start to dislike meat and was ready to become a vegetarian.  Now, I begin to understand why. Lean chunks of meat are much less tastier! I am asked to eat a lot of healthy fats and at this point mainly salad vegetables, but it is enough for me at this point. Soon I will be allowed to eat more carbs.

My dog also is much happier with the fattier diet. I feed him with natural food adecquate for the species, that is meat and bones.

I wish you ALL the best luck, :)

Vistula
Started January 7, 2009

Phoebe

Hi Vistula! 
I wish you the very best luck, too.  Glad to hear that you and your puppy dog are happy with the new diet. :wink:  Please stay in touch and let us know how things work out.  And have a great time on your trip to Europe.  :D

vistula

• Montréal Canada

Thank you Phoebe,

I am leaving for my trip to Poland/Europe on April 16; before that date I will post here to let you know about my progress on Atkins.

Take care,  :D

V.
Started January 7, 2009

fbnops

It sounds like for some reason you are not able to take the oil anymore? What made you decide to go to Atkins, aside from Shangri-La not working?

vistula

• Montréal Canada

I was looking for solutions and learned about the new book by Gary Taubes: Why We Get Fat and...
Look there for answers.
Started January 7, 2009

fbnops

Taube's book "Good Calories Bad Calories" persuaded me to do the same almost a year ago. I have not yet read "Why We Get Fat" but plan to. Does he continue his position that exercise doesn't matter much?

vistula

• Montréal Canada

Yes, he does. He says: exercise in not necessary for weight loss, however it is beneficial for our general health. If you have already read: “Good Calories , Bad Calories”, you may not need to buy and read: “Why we get fat ...”, because it is based on the former book. Taubes revisits the question of what’s making us fat and how we can change it while presenting fresh evidence for his claims. 
Started January 7, 2009

fbnops

The new book should be enjoyable even though I may have heard a lot of it before in "Good Calories Bad Calories". The subject is of great interest. I've been successfully losing weight without exercise but have hit a plateau and am headed back to exercising. I took a couple of short walks last week and plan to increase and keep after it. Exercise has worked before; this plateau is really getting frustrating.

vistula

• Montréal Canada

If you have been fallowing Toubes’ advice for one year already you might want to join www. atkins.com, as I did. Taubes recommends New Atkins Diet as the best program to pursue. There is also Forum on www.atkins.com, where you could discuss your problems (plateau), find necessary information and support. 
Started January 7, 2009

fbnops

Thanks, I'll look into it
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18