Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
After three months... Excited? Not as much as before, but still hopeful.

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: After three months... Excited? Not as much as before, but still hopeful.  (Read 14340 times)

tek_vixen

• A mind is a terrible thing to lose!
Re: After three months... Excited? Not as much as before, but still hopeful.
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2011, 09:19:56 AM »

Welcome back, Vistula.  Jump right in and join those of us who are making yet another run at this!

T-Vix

vistula

• Montréal Canada
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2011, 10:33:02 AM »

Shovelqueen and T_Vix,

It is so nice to hear from you after all that time.:!:
If I only had been persistent enough I would be today close to my ideal weight. I am so ashamed of myself. It is really difficult for me to admit, but I am heavier than ever before.  :oops:
During last summer and fall I tried to lose weight following DR Oz advice and it didn’t work for me. I was hungry and overeating.  I decided to change my approach to dieting, because I wasn’t comfortable eating such a huge amount of fat that SLD asks for. Recently, I have read that fat is good for us, and we can consume even up to 40% of other two basic food groups, providing that it is a healthy fat.
According to nutrigenomics and DNA-based Diet for the Low Carb Type one can eat up to 40% of fat for a portion where carbs and proteins are 30% each. This diet may be best for your DNA if you have:
•   Weight around your midsection (my case)
•   High blood pressure (elevated but not  yet high)
•   High triglycerides (not me)
“If your waist is greater than 35 inches, you’re at risk for heart disease, gall bladder disease and diabetes. You may be insulin resistant, which means you have difficulty processing sugar. By losing 10% of your body weight, you can also lower your blood pressure. Choose lean healthy proteins and limit the amount of carbs, especially refined white foods like starchy potatoes and bread.”

I will go in this direction, because it is something I feel that  I need. My fat allowance will include the amount of EVOO (nose clipped) that I have to take. I am getting ready and into the right mood and plan to start this year journey to smaller me on Saturday, February 5th.
What do you think?

Vis
Started January 7, 2009

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

Phoebe

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2011, 12:09:36 PM »

Hi Vistula! 

It's nice to meet you.  I think I was here, but only lurking when you were last posting.  I want to tell you that I did the exact same thing, gained all my weight back plus more.  It's an awful feeling, isn't it?  I think it's a very common occurrence.  Also, Dr. Oz's advice, to eat several small meals a day, was a disaster for me, too.  All that did was stoke my hunger.  (I am finally doing better now, but my weight loss has been slow and chaotic.  I count calories, drink oil sometimes, try to eat some healthy food every day, and screw up a lot.  Sometimes I don't eat until dinnertime, but not very often as that is hard for me.)

Re: waist size.  I heard that your waist is supposed to be no more than half your height.  For example, if you are 5'4" (64 inches tall), then your waist circumference should be no more than 32 inches.  The only thing I don't know is what part of your waist are you supposed to measure, and can you suck in your stomach when you do it? :wink:

Welcome back and good luck!

Sanchiaza

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2011, 11:32:22 AM »

Vistula, that is just the cutest avatar I've ever seen!

vistula

• Montréal Canada
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2011, 03:54:27 PM »

Hi Phebe, hi Sanchiaza,

Good to hear from you Phebe. It seems that we are on the same boat.  :lol:
How about “losing weight” this time together? We could discuss our efforts and compare its effects by posting once a week.
I am 5 ft 3.78 in, almost 5.4 or 162cm. Yes, I heard the same from Dr Oz; your waist is supposed to be no more than half your height.
You should measure yourself about 2”over your navel in the narrowest part of your belly and yes, you can suck in your stomach, but be consistent. Always measure your waist the same way.
Saturday I will reveal my numbers and other details about my plan.

Sanchiaza thanks for complementing my avatar, I am almost so much cute these days like my little crocodile is.  :shock:

Vis
Started January 7, 2009

vistula

• Montréal Canada
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2011, 12:13:07 PM »

Today is a big day. I think I am enough motivated to lose what I have gained since last spring and possibly even more. This will be also my third attempt and a journey with Shangri-La. I believe strongly that I can do it!
For at least past couple of years I ate what is considered today healthy food, but I eat too much. My metabolism cannot handle this amount of food, which probably on average is in range of 1700-1900 cal.  Lately I was munching nuts, I am addicted to them.  I love especially hazelnuts and pistachios.
It is not easy to stick to the oil drinking plan, in my case especially when I am out of home, travelling or having visitors. I will think about myself first from now, I promised it to myself.
I am starting today from 10 ml of EVOO (nose clipped) twice a day, and continue that way until next Saturday and then I will report on how I feel and what is my progress.
Now I have to admit what I have done to myself. My weight as for today  191.6 and my waist size is 38,5”. WOW!
Started January 7, 2009

Phoebe

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2011, 09:07:06 AM »

Good to hear from you Phebe. It seems that we are on the same boat.  :lol:
How about “losing weight” this time together? We could discuss our efforts and compare its effects by posting once a week.

Hi Vistula,
Yes, it would be fun to lose weight together.  That's one of the things I really appreciate about these boards.  I definitely need the encouragement.  I have been posting my weight about once a week on the New Weight Zone thread, http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=7530.150;topicseen.  I never made my own page.  Good luck to both of us!

vistula

• Montréal Canada
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2011, 11:16:37 AM »

Hi Phoebe,
Thank you for the link to NEW WEIGHT ZONE. I will be happy to join you all there with my weekly numbers. My comments regarding my present experience I will post to this thread, however.  You are already there when I would dream to be, let it become my far away goal, too.  :D
Vis
Started January 7, 2009

Phoebe

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2011, 12:20:01 PM »

Vistula, take heart!  A year ago, I would look at the list of people who weighed in the 130s and wish I were there, too.  Now finally I am (although I still have a very long way to go to my goal weight).  You'll get there, too!

vistula

• Montréal Canada
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2011, 12:56:10 PM »

After 1st week my weight increased to 192.6.  :(
Instead of loosing I gained 1lb. I must drink more oil. I reread the book, by DR Roberts and it says that base on my weight it suppose to be 3 table spoons a day. I have 10ml and 15ml tablespoons. Always have had the problem, which size Seth Roberts had in his mind.  Last week I was using 10ml tbsp and drank 20ml of oil = 160 cal of oil, which clearly wasn't enough. This coming week, if I am using a bigger 15ml tbsp, I would take 3 x 15ml=45ml=360cal of EVOO daily, as I used to take in the past.

Started January 7, 2009

vistula

• Montréal Canada
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2011, 07:56:08 AM »

I was disappointed with myself, because I gained one pound and kept it so; I didn’t post my last week progress. As a consequence, I made some changes. For at least one week I have already been drinking FO (Flax Oil) instead of EVOO in amount of 3x15ml = 360cal. I have experienced a middle level of AS. I know it, because I have a past experience with S-La Diet. Probably due to this last change I lost the pound I had gained since I have started my new weight loss journey.
My current weight is again 192.6.  :)
Regarding my hypnosis experience, I still listen to CD by Dr Roberta Temes and I feel less anxious and better motivated. Because of this CD perhaps, I decided to enrol to the gym - Nautilus Plus and I will start my classes soon. I bought 10 visits pass at first, because I am not sure, if I will like it there. More over in the middle of April I will leave Canada for a six week trip to Europe, so everything what I am working on now will stop, unfortunately.

Started January 7, 2009

Phoebe

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2011, 08:52:58 AM »

A trip to Europe sounds wonderful.  Lucky you!  Where are you going to go?

vistula

• Montréal Canada
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2011, 03:48:18 PM »

So far I know that April 17th I am leaving for Warsaw/Warszawa in Poland. From there I may go to the east, to Ukraine. I am particularly interested in Lvov since I had old family ties with this city, which was populated by Poles and belonged to Poland until World War II. If I will not receive visa there I will probably go to the south to revisit Prague, Budapest and Vienna. Last year I went to the west and culminated my trip in Paris. I know from practice that watching S-La Diet, or any diet while being far away from home is very difficult. So, usually I am coming back heavier. :(
Started January 7, 2009

Phoebe

That sounds like it's worth gaining a few pounds.  Are you traveling with family or friends?  How great that you can travel two years in a row!  I say have a good time and diet when you get home. 

I hope I don't sound like a bad influence in saying that, but really I would go crazy if I thought I couldn't enjoy a vacation like that ever again.  It seems like dieting takes a long time anyway, so you kind of have to pace yourself.

vistula

• Montréal Canada

I go there alone to meet my husband, who is working there temporarily, my father and friends, who, by the way, all are slim.  I will travel later with a company or maybe alone. Although I live in Canada for over 20 years, my ties with Poland are still very strong; I have my own place to stay there etc.  That way it is easier to plan my voyage.  I hope I will manage at least to start losing weight before I leave. We will see. :?:
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 01:37:14 PM by vistula »
Started January 7, 2009

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18