Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
After three months... Excited? Not as much as before, but still hopeful.

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: After three months... Excited? Not as much as before, but still hopeful.  (Read 14511 times)

vistula

• Montréal Canada

The third month of my SLD came to the end and I am 11 lbs smaller then at the beginning of my journey.  :)

To read about my past progress visit link: http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=6865.0

During third month on the diet I lost ONLY 2 pounds.  :(

First, being under impression that EVFO is healthier for me, I stopped taking ELOO, which with time became rather an unpleasant experience.
Second, taking in account my weight I also increased amount of the oil from two up to three tbsp a day. Following these changes I expected to have stronger AS and to drop a weight even faster, but it didn’t happen that way to me. My appetite for food, unfortunately, increased and my weight loss has been minimal. Nothing has changed in my lifestyle or nourishment at that time, though.

I came to the conclusion, that EVFO doesn’t help me to lose weight and that ELOO worked better for me. There was one drawback; I didn’t feel very well after ELOO.

After all, these are two different oils with different chemical structures and nutritional properties. So, I am not surprised that they influenced different processes in the body and brought different results.

Recently, I have read extensively about edible oils, their chemical properties and their impact on our health. It sounded as a heresy to me at first, since a coconut oil is the saturated fat, but I had been reading in some reliable sources very positive facts, based on the current research, about the healthy and the healing properties of the coconut oil and the saturated fats in general, which were extensively consumed by previous generations and are almost abandoned these days after listening to the faulty research.
This article provides essential info on the subject:  http://www.westonaprice.org/knowyourfats/skinny.html

Last week I introduced EVCO to my diet for the first time in my life in amount of 1 tbsp a day and was impressed with clearly stronger AS and a good general feeling after having this oil. It is too early to draw any conclusions, but this experience and my intuition encourage me to take some amount of EVCO in addition (or instead) of EVFO and ELOO.

Are there any dieters with the experience of using EVCO on this forum? I will appreciate your input.
Started January 7, 2009

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

Oslo

Lots of unrefined coconut oil lovers here!  It's great!  You can do a search on the boards and find many posts -
Looking for a point of natural easy-to-maintain stability with a BMI 20-21.  Down from 23+.

shovelqueen

Vistula, I found better AS when I returned to Canola  Oil after over a year taking ELOO.  I had started on Canola Oil originally, and going back to it was a turning point for me.  However, this time I'm mixing it with whipping cream to make it more palatable, and that has been a great innovation. 

Go with what feels right. :D

"Strength, balance, joy!"

vistula

• Montréal Canada

Oslo and Shovel, thanks for your advice.
In case you observe Easter, I wish you a very satisfying Easter Brunch and a very pleasant holiday weekend.  :)
Started January 7, 2009

vistula

• Montréal Canada
Re: VISTULA. Excited? Maybe not as much as determined and hopeful.
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 10:25:12 PM »

On May 7th I effectively finished my fourth month on a SLD with the score of 16 lbs loss in total and 4.8 lbs last month. This time wasn’t easy for me. I hit the plateau in the middle of April and my weight was hanging on the same level for almost six weeks. It was quite dramatic period for me. My first phase of almost effortless loosing was finished. I lost then 11 lbs and couldn’t more.

I am impatient by nature, so I had to do something about that and possibly fast. I both a swimmers nose clip, but I stopped using it soon after. I started reading diaries of most experienced dieters, asking questions, some of them quite pathetic in nature. Clarinette, Pinkmug, Karky, Shovelqueen thank you for bearing with me.  :oops:
Next I read or reread books and articles on the role of fats in a diet and finally, I decided not to be afraid of healthy fats and love them without fear. Today I again eat butter, drink whole fat, homemade yogurt, and use a new to me coconut oil for cooking.

At the beginning of April I was so unhappy that I turned into rebellious mode. I have discontinue practicing the “flavourless window” and begun to add all my oil into my meals.

Since I habitually count calories I was aware that I ate more during the plateau stage, then at the time when I had behaved and was losing weight. With the help of FitDay software I have got to the conclusion, that there are a few things, which ruin my AS and my determination. These are wine, even only one glass, and bread, even whole grain bread, not to mention of pasta or cookies.

I have learned that, if I want to continue dropping pounds I have to forget grain and flour products as well as, most of fruits or reduced them to a minimum, which I did. I also was taking some supplements like Evening Primrose Oil and CLA, eat more meat and use more often whey protein, which I like to add to my vegetable smoothies. These changes very fast led me to the stronger AS and put me in the state of inner peace. I could exercise harder and decided to return to SLD. Yes! After two – three weeks of disloyal behaviour I was back, ready to drink oil and commit to flavourless calories window.

Then I discovered that my AS is stronger, if my favourless calorie window is bigger, that is about two hours between a meal and oil drinking and again before the next meal. I still take two table spoons of flax seed oil between my breakfast and lunch/dinner and 1 tbsp of coconut oil at evening, if I am hungry. Usually this spoon of coco stops my evening cravings.
So far, I cannot complain. I broke the plateau two weeks ago loosing 2.6 lb during one week and again 1.4 lb during the last seven days. This time I eat between 1300 and 1500 cal a day, which is about 200 cal less than during the previous losing period.

I realize that soon I will probably hit the dead end again, but then most likely I will understand myself better, psychologically and physically.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 08:46:51 AM by vistula »
Started January 7, 2009

shovelqueen

Your path of discovery sounds like mine.  I can't tolerate much wheat or sugar without losing it, either.  The last 2 weeks have been "rebellious" for me, too.  I stick faithfully with my oildose, but then ignore the AS in favour of "opportunistic" carb eating. 

But no more.  I want to "eat clean" and feel good again.  Great work at losing the additional weight, and at not regaining the previous loss while "rebelling". :D

Clarinette

Vistula,

Your doing very good. The plateaus are really hard to take psychologically. I always encourage myself with thinking that it is the body fat that is just redistributing in my body to shape it nicely. After a couple of weeks  and a couple of readjustments, my body start to lose again. Two three months later , as you Vistula,  I have to readjust the diet again or my SLD's calories to still loose. Good for you that you found more about you and your body responds.. I think that it is important to learn about ourself in order to loose the weight, and when that new way stop working, change the way again... :). Good luck Vistula and please don't think that I ever put up with you, it wouldn't be true  :wink:

Kirk

I had come to the same conclusions about grains, sugar, and alcohol, but hadn't considered fruit as being a possible troublemaker.  Something new to test.  Thanks for sharing.

vistula

• Montréal Canada
Re: VISTULA. Excited? Maybe not as much as determined and hopeful.
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 09:37:27 AM »

Thank you guys!  :)

So called “piece of mind” or a state of relaxation are extremely important parts of this equation.

Kirk, some fruits are almost pure sugar (fructose), not counting healthy fiber, vitamins and minerals. I can eat safely only berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and so on) with no sugar added, of course. I compensate with leafy vegetables. Almost every day I have my green smoothie. Since I started with this routine, I noticed very positive changes in my complexion and hair.  :D
Started January 7, 2009

vistula

• Montréal Canada

June 7th was the last day of my fifth month on SLD.
At that time I was vacationing in Europe and no longer complying with the SLD rules. My lowest score so far was 169.2 lb, which means that I was able to lose almost 20 lb by May 22nd.

Vacations are intended for an enjoyment and a pleasure. The food was awesome on my way but not always the best for the person, who wants to lose next 20 pounds. So, the situation became stressful and after one week of struggle, in an attempt to pacify it I took a break from SLD and stopped drinking oil as well as pay any attention to what was or was not fattening for me. For next three weeks I has been eating to my liking.
As a result I put on about 5 pounds, but what a pleasure has been hiding behind this gain, it would take me long to describe it.  :lol:
Now, I am back, returning to my home cuisine, my home routines and SLD. July 7th is approaching fast. With a firm resolve I will work to get closer by that date to my result from May 22, the last day before my vacations, when my weighing scale revealed to the world the 169.2 lb.
Started January 7, 2009

shovelqueen

Welcome back,Vistula!  What part of Europe were you visiting?  I ate and drank my way through Germany, Austria and Provence last October, and came home a few lbs heavier, too. :lol:  But oh, what pleasure in acquiring those pounds!!  And they will go again - mine did!

vistula

• Montréal Canada

Hello Shovelqueen, it is good to hear from you again! I hope you are doing well. :)

On the way to Poland I spent four days with my friends in Nancy (France). It is very beautiful city, full of amazing architecture and historically linked to Poland by Stanislaw Leszczynski the Duke of Lorraine, who was a Polish aristocrat and for a short period of time King of Poland. His daughter Maria Leszczynska was a wife of King Louis XV and mother and grandmother to:  Louis XVI, Louis XVIII, and Charles X. From Nancy I flied to Warsaw (Poland), which is always my most favourable location when I travel to Europe. From there we went by car to Cracow (Poland), Vienna (Austria), Munich, Stuttgart, Leipzig, Dresden (Germany), and Wroclaw (Poland) on the way back to Warsaw. I am in love with Europe. Each of the cities I mentioned above has so much to offer. This trip took us 12 days. The rest of the time I spend in my beloved Warszawa/Warsaw. Unfortunately weather at that time in most of Europe wasn’t welcoming – many rainy days and not enough sun. Having said so, I am happy now to be back home in Montreal, in Canada. I am waiting now for my daughter and her boyfriend (both McGill University students), who next few days will spend in St. Petersburg (Russia) before their return to Warsaw. Next, they will continue their travel to some places in Germany, France and by airplane to London, Dublin (Ireland) and finally back to Montreal. This summer for my family is full of excitement and pleasure.  :D
Started January 7, 2009

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal

Wow.... great vacation! Glad you love Europe! You have to see Southern Europe too. Hope your DD has a fine vacation too.
This year I can't travel. I don't even feel like traveling. weird.... how a person can change... I have an invitation to Alicante Spain and I don't feel like going...
Any pics?  :D
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

vistula

• Montréal Canada
Re: After three months... Excited? Not as much as before, but still hopeful.
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2011, 01:12:39 AM »

Hi Everyone,

I used to be one of you and having good results, but about one year ago I gave up due to some family issues and lack of time. In effect I gained a lot.  :?
I am so frustrated with myself and very unhappy, too. How good it is that you are still around, and having positive results.
This coming Saturday I will weight myself and start Shangri-la again.
After three years of struggle I am still hopeful and counting on your support.

All the best. V.
Started January 7, 2009

shovelqueen

Re: After three months... Excited? Not as much as before, but still hopeful.
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2011, 05:02:09 AM »

Welcome back, Vistula!!  Good to see you again.  Some of us have never left, but regained anyways... :oops:  At least SLD is forgiving enough to come back to again and again...

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18