Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
I gained 3 pounds, HELP!!!

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: I gained 3 pounds, HELP!!!  (Read 18280 times)

goblyn

• C'est ne pas une goblyn
Re: I gained 3 pounds, HELP!!!
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2009, 07:45:14 AM »

Anything! 

Simple changes like:

Change the time you take your oil
Split your oil dose into two doses during the day, or combine an already split dose into one
Switch your exercise routine up, if you go to the gym, use different machines, if you go running, go walking, if you do exercise tapes, do ones you haven't done in a while.

Harder changes like:

Switch the type of oil you use, from ELOO to canola or coconut or another dose
Do sugar water or fructose water instead of oil
Do noseclipping instead of oil
Try intermittent fasting, or do a 24 hour fast (this is what did the trick for me)
Stop exercising entirely for a few days, or if you don't do much, do twice as much

Sometimes a simple change, even as simple as taking your oil in the afternoon instead of the morning, or whatever, will get yourself off the plateau.  Other times a more difficult change will be necessary.  Sometimes the change just has to be a one or two time thing, othertimes it needs to be a long term change. 

I think if you do change though, if you don't see results right away, don't go back to the old way for at least 2 weeks.  If at 2 weeks in you still are having trouble...well we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.  But it is really important to remember that some plateaus (like Karky's) last a VERY long time, and if you don't have alot to lose, you will notice that weight loss will be slow as well.

honey

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2009, 08:35:10 AM »

thnx alot!!
yes i have tried a few of the methods you have said. i have chnaged the times and divided my oil doses and it did work, i finally had AS. i also frequently change my exercise routines to give my body shocks.

can it be that the diet may not work for me?

goblyn

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2009, 09:02:23 AM »

Well there have been plenty of people who have given up because they didn't like the diet, or only gave it a week or so and gave up.  I don't know for sure if there have been people who tried the diet and it didn't work for them.

Honestly though, I'd be patient, and I'd go for one of the more difficult changes, such as changing the oil you take (there have been countless reports here of people not getting ANY AS from certain types of oil, or not getting AS on the oil but getting it on the sugar water, or vice versa).

honey

« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2009, 09:07:41 AM »

my problem isnt AS now..i have AS but my weight isnt budging...isnt the science behind the diet simple that when u eat less u lose weight...but thnx for all your help  :)

goblyn

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2009, 10:37:51 AM »

Honey, that's a misconception.  While eating less certainly makes you lose weight, there are plenty of people here (myself included) who have reported weight loss during times when we are eating more calories than normal.  Some of us routinely eat a hearty amount of calories and still lose weight.  But it is true that in general people on SLD are eating less calories and losing weight that way, but that's not Seth's theory, he doesn't attribute the diet's success to a simple calorie in/calorie out equation, but the whole set point thing, which can go down regardless of what you are eating.

If you have good AS and you're not losing weight, I'd suggest that you keep a very scrutinized look at your caloric intake, are you sure you aren't underestimating what you've eaten, are you not counting little things you've eaten?  Also, you may wish to talk to a doctor about it, you don't even have to mention SLD, tell them that you've kept track of your caloric intake and you average around 1200 calories a day (or whatever you average) and you haven't lost any weight.  Perhaps you have a thyroid issue or a blood insulin level issue.  While I myself do not have this problem, there are others here who do and can likely guide you in the right direction.

I think you'll get to the bottom of it sooner or later!

honey

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2009, 08:12:05 AM »

thnaks alot goblyn!  :) i have my fingers crossed!

multitasker

• Pharmacy Pacific
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2012, 11:42:34 AM »

Try a less carbohydrate diet. You should practice not eating bread during afternoon or evening. It is tested and proven by my friend.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18