Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Mayday! Mayday! Man down! :-(

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mayday! Mayday! Man down! :-(  (Read 2120 times)

thin_opera_girl

Mayday! Mayday! Man down! :-(
« on: February 26, 2009, 01:52:32 AM »

Ugh. Its exactly 4:47 am Eastern Standard time right now. I NEVER wake up this early. I wake up at 7am to get to work, or if I'm lucky and get to sleep in...and will seriously sleep until 10am.

My body naturally has woken up, and I feel incredibly nauseous, have cold sweats, and am getting a terrible headache. I'm not sure what is going on. I'm trying to figure out if this is the stomach flu or a reaction to the changes I've been making (starting shangri-la).

Ugh. I feel just awful.

This is very disapointing for me, as last night, I was really starting to think that Shangri- La was kicking in. If this is how the diet makes me feel, then I definitely can't do this.

What's the deal? Stomach flu or reaction?

Alright, I'm signing off of the message boards. Reading about this diet right now is not helping the nausea in anyway!!

karky

• Life is Good!
Re: Mayday! Mayday! Man down! :-(
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 03:23:04 AM »

flu is going around here
bad flu
schools are closed due to absentee-ism all over my part of Michigan
flu that lasts a week.
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

thin_opera_girl

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 04:26:35 AM »

Karky- Thanks for all of your support. I know you know I"m still not totally sold on this diet yet, but I really, truly, and honestly appreciate ALL of the input you have given me so far.

And you are living proof that it works! :-)

I'm just so frustrated, because last night, it really felt like it was starting to work- I wasn't hungry at all, but now I don't know if it was from the stomach flu!

So now, I'm guessing I shouldn't be drinking any oil today. Oh no. Do you think this will set me back??

shovelqueen

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 04:34:29 AM »

Get feeling better soon, Opera Girl!  Don't worry about oil until your tummy settles.  Eat light until then.

"Strength, balance, joy!"

goblyn

• C'est ne pas une goblyn
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 08:28:17 AM »

Definately take care of yourself, misisng a day of oil isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things (usually the AS effects take a while to wear off), and who knows, if you have stomach flu, it might just kick start your diet...lol.

But yeah, in all seriousness, there are SEVERAL strains of stomach flu/GI bugs going around in my area (Connecticut).  There is an epidemic at the college I work in, something like 500 students have come down with it, at the nursing home my mother works in there is so much of it they had to quarantine some of the patients and are not allowing visitors at the moment.

So yeah, take care of yourself.

Clarinette

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 01:24:02 PM »

thin_opera_girl,

I am not sure exactly what you are experiencing but I remember myself being sick because of the Oil and SLD. I wasn't able to take the Oil and it took me a while to get better. The Oil was making me sick physically. I was not feeling well at all. It was making me do some anxiety, I was dizzy, my legs where hurting, my neck tight etc. When I felt that way, I stopped taking the oil and waited for the bad effect to go away. It took me about a week to get better. I stayed very sensitive to every application of SLD. I take very little SLD's calories otherwise, I get sick again. The Oil is definitely a NO for me. I wish that I could do Oil but I can't. I do whatever else works in SLD. Usually I have to switch but so far I am ok with 4Tbps of Sugar. I am thinking of reducing the SLD's calories and see if it will still work for me. Even with the sugar water if I take too much, my nose start to run and I start to feel sick again and my neck get to be tight again, so, maybe to take a brake for now would not be a bad idea for you. The Oil will still do the effect for a while and when you are going to feel better, just start back with something else then Oil or a other Oil. Start slow. I hope that you won't go away because it is worth it to give it many try. Believe me. Don't get down about it, just experiment with it and Oh!, don't worry about staying sick it won't stay like that! I really hope that you won't give up Opera Girl :)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 05:35:37 AM by Clarinette »

thin_opera_girl

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 05:28:12 AM »

Okay, I'm back. I definitely think it was the flu. I had a migraine most of the day yesterday and it hurt my eyes to look at the computer screen!

Ugh. I think I'm going to give myself one more day to recover here before starting us SLD again. I am debating on trying a different kind of oil. Hmm, I'll let you know if I change things.

Thanks everyone for your support. Not giving up yet.

I'm Trying

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 09:39:30 AM »

If you had the flu, I'd suggest waiting until your fully recovered and then starting the oil again, before you decide to start changing things.  If you do too many things too fast how are you gonna know what works and what doesn't? 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18