Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
gallbladder

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: gallbladder  (Read 5453 times)

tasha79

gallbladder
« on: February 21, 2009, 04:23:34 PM »

Hi, i'm Tasha79, a 29 year old female and i'm new to this forum and am barely starting SLD. I have one concern, on pg. 71 it cautions those people that have had their galbladder taken out about the oil intake. I had my galbladder taken out 8 years ago and was wondering what exactly will happen if I consume oil on a regular basis? Can I still do this program?   :?

karky

• Life is Good!
Re: gallbladder
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 06:03:17 PM »

there are some people here who have had their gall bladders out.
I can't think of who right off the top of my head though.
good luck in any case.
 8)
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

tek_vixen

• A mind is a terrible thing to lose!
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 07:27:03 AM »

tasha, I would really suggest that you ask your doctor if he/she has any concerns about you doing this program.  That said, I had my gallbladder out about 11 years ago and have had no difficulty on the program.  If you think about it, a couple of tablespoons of oil isn't much more than most people would put on a salad.

T-Vix

Buttercup

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 05:07:18 PM »

Hi Tasha79,

I had my gallbladder out November 2007, and can't manage the oil well at all.  My friend had his out in the 90's, and has never had a problem with the oil and he takes 3-4 tablespoons a day.  Other people on this forum have been doing ok w/o a gallbladder and taking oil, but others just can't get over "oil-sickness." If you have been eating fats w/o problems, then you'll most likely be fine. Might be an adjustment period from what I've gathered on this forum.  The advice has been to start slow, with maybe a teaspoon added to cold sugar water, gradually increasing the amount of oil and maybe decreasing the sugar.

Remember, anything can work as long as it's tasteless and contains the right amount of calories.  Good luck!

--Buttercup

multitasker

• Pharmacy Pacific
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 11:24:24 AM »

Consult a doctor. That's the best thing that you can do if you have concerns with your dietary program.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18