Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
I cannot control my eating of junk food

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I cannot control my eating of junk food  (Read 6722 times)

Galvik

I cannot control my eating of junk food
« on: February 02, 2009, 01:46:47 AM »

Hello everyone,

I am a working executive, working long hours and addicted to fast food, usually eating while I'm in the office. I seem to eat whether I'm hungry or not and have got to a stage where I am unable to control my eating habit. Unfortunately, my weight is increasing and I'm being forced to buy clothes a size larger than normal. I can devote a little time to exercise, but is there a recommended safe way to lose weight? I've heard of all these diets, such as Atkins, that don't sound very healthy at all.

shovelqueen

Re: I cannot control my eating of junk food
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 03:48:27 AM »

Welcome, Gavlik!

A pretty much guaranteed method:  Get the book and read it.  Start the program, however works best for you.  Listen to your body's hunger signals, and only eat until you're full, not stuffed. 

You need to make a conscious decision that your health and your weight is a priority for you.  Until you look up from your desk and do that, you are not likely to be successful.  Sorry to be so blunt, but your post does not indicate to me that you're at that mental place yet.

SLD is as close to magic as you get with weight loss, but it is a tool, not a magic wand.  You still have to make the right eating decisions.  But the SLD calories, whether oil or sugar, or nose-clipped calories, change the "settings" in your brain, allowing your body to release extra fat easily.

Good luck!

"Strength, balance, joy!"

IndianGirl

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 04:02:50 AM »

But the SLD calories, whether oil or sugar, or nose-clipped calories, change the "settings" in your brain, allowing your body to release extra fat easily.

Well said, SQ!

WELCOME, Galvik !

kaile

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 09:41:47 PM »

I'll go for the reply after the post.

deMuralist

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 10:52:13 AM »

I find I do best if I keep them out of the house, if I keep myself well nourished and well rested, and if I don't let myself feel deprived.

Keeping them out of the house forces you to go get them and thus eliminates the impulse.

Well nourished and well rested, keeps me out of excess carbs.  When I am tired I look for quick energy.

I treat myself to healthy versions of things that would satisfy.  ie. if I make a really rich chocolate raspberry smoothie for lunch, it feels like a treat, no deprivation, lower cravings for junk.

It is not full proof, of course, but it cuts down on it.

Good luck

kaile

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 06:44:05 AM »

I am working out of city and i have no one in my home and also after the working of 12 hours, i have no power of cooking. So i use the junk foods.

Thanks for sharing.

deMuralist

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 02:00:54 PM »

the only answer I can think of for that is to have foods in the house that you do not have to prepare that are not junk foods.  Like say a big salad that you toss with EVOO, cider vinegar, a small bit of tasty cheese, a few nuts, and a small can of salmon.  Or pre-make protein/snack  bars, so you have something to nibble to get energy while you are cooking.  One batch of bars usually makes about 16 bars, so you only have to make them once every 2 weeks.  Or you could do a nice bowl of muesli or granola sprinkled with some blueberries and a few nuts over Greek yogurt.  You could hard boil a batch of eggs.  Also, crock pots are wonderful for this sort of situation, you put in a hunk of meat (and since it is low and slow it can be a cheaper cut), some veggies, put on the lid, turn it to low and 8 to 12 hours later you have dinner.  You can also make a batch of soup in the crock pot just throw everything in there and let it stew away.  Great for leftovers as well.

Good Luck.

adventurer

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 02:43:19 PM »

One thing you can do is not buy junk food so you don't have any to tempt you

niroshan

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2012, 10:45:51 PM »

you should go to a gym and then make a good routine. and focus more on whey supplements so the habit of your junk foods eating will vanish

adventurer

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2012, 07:16:33 AM »

you should go to a gym and then make a good routine. and focus more on whey supplements so the habit of your junk foods eating will vanish

U can also walk on a treadmill while u are on ur computer.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18