Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Almanac and losing weight

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Almanac and losing weight  (Read 4430 times)

rps930

• Food For Fuel
Almanac and losing weight
« on: January 16, 2009, 01:45:19 PM »

October 2006 was the beginning of a new journey for me, on a whim, started SLD after
 reading the Woman's World article.  What a ride, in a few short months the pounds just melted off, so fast in fact, I went to the medical Dr. just to make sure something else wasn't going on, but all was well.  In 18 months I lost over 70 lbs, then major plateau, continued the oil for several months, with no gain, but no loss.  Then life happened, some good, but most not so good,and haven't had oil regularly since July, things have leveled out now and I'm really ready to get with the program.  Fifteen pounds up from last July, is just not acceptable.
 I was 63 years old when first starting this, and am now thankfully on Medicare, so am not striving to be extremely svelte, just small enough to not need to shop in the plus sizes.  Went from a 26 to 14 -16, and really don't want to go the the thrift store, and buy back my old clothes.
The farmers almanac has dates to start losing or gaining weight, the next date listed for losing is Jan 18th, using this as a starting date, I fully commit to the SLD program, I know it works, and using the almanac isn't any crazier that drinking oil. :D  So I tip my tequila sunrise to all the oldies, and wish the best to the newbies. 
Lana

VeganKitten

Re: Almanac and losing weight
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 02:49:22 PM »

Welcome back, we've had a few old-timers return, and lots of us are still here :)

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 02:55:43 PM »

Lana,
good to see you!  8)
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

Caligal

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 05:20:17 PM »

HI Lana....I'm back too...medication has caused a weight gain that I'm not too happy with.

Caligal
CALIGAL
Member since 2006
Restarting Jan 09

rps930

• Food For Fuel
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 09:26:14 AM »

Thanks everyone for the well wishes, I'm getting psyched up, and ready to go with the plan.  Tomorrow is it!!!!

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 06:27:09 AM »

Welcome back Lana!!!!  :)
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

Clarinette

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 06:51:41 AM »

Lana,

Nice to see you ready again. I am back too. I kind of went through a similar roads as you. Very up and down with full of events. I gain back some of my weight and now I am ready to be serious about it. I am finally releave to take back the control. I wish that weight will get off us pretty quickly. We deserve it! And how nice will it be this summer to be smaller...... Yes, lets goooooo for it!
Good luck Lana  :)

rps930

• Food For Fuel
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 12:04:39 PM »

Thanks, Pink and Clarinette it's good to hear from everyone, these last two weeks were productive, not the great whoosh as the first time around, but hey 3 lbs is better than nothing.  Yes we can do it

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18