Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Fish oil caps?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fish oil caps?  (Read 6937 times)

blissfulny

Fish oil caps?
« on: June 08, 2006, 08:30:26 PM »

I am supposed to take Fish Oil (for arthritis), so am wondering If anyone has used Fish Oil (caps or just liquid) with success?

Thanks

Dana

Re: Fish oil caps?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 05:03:39 AM »

I would also like to know this.

Seth, can you answer this one? Is it OK to bypass the mouth and swallow your oil in capsel form?

tenista

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 02:54:03 PM »

If you're trying to get at least 240 calories (or more) with fish oil caps, you can do the math.  One cap of the fish oil that I used to take (and still have around) is 10 calories.  I tablespoon of oil is 120 calories.  That's 12 pills a day--1 TB is in the SLD book as the recommended dose for somebody who has 20 pounds or less to lose.  That's a lot of fish oil pills.

Try checking out google for rice bran oil.  It seems to have a lot of health benefits and hopefully (I'm going to buy some today) has no taste.  Some evidence suggests anti-inflammatory properties.

I don't have arthritis but I do get a lot of soreness from playing tennis regularly and have noticed quite a decrease in my after tennis soreness since starting SLD 3 weeks ago.  So maybe other oils (I've mostly taken Canola) have anti-inflammatory properties as well as fish oil.  Incidentally, if you want fish oil for cholesterol lowering--it's only good for lowering triglycerides and has to be combined with something else (garlic!) so as not to raise LDL and cholesterol (which happened to me).

Good luck.

Dana

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 11:18:45 PM »

Hi Blissfulny,

I am using fish oil capsules successfully! I take 5-6 1000 mg capsules twice a day combined with sugar water. This is working splendidly for me and I am losing weight.

Make sure it is Lachs oil (salmon oil) and get it from a very good source (to avoid mercury)- In 1976 my mother started giving me cod liver oil. It tasted disgusting, I remember being three years old ang gagging on it. But even back then she knew that cod liver oil is good for the brain.  Cod Liver oil is not good for Shangri-La because of the high dose of Vitamen A in cod liver oil would give you an overdose of vitamen A and would cause side effects like peeling of the skin.

So use only high quality salmon oil.
Get 1000 mg capsules so that you do not have to swallow as much.
1 gram of oil (or 10 capsules) = 88 calories

And a comment about swallowing capsules: I find it much easier than mixing water in oil and drinking it, the "digust-factor" is not there.

tenista

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 10:37:08 AM »

Hi Dana:

What brand of salmon oil do you use?

Dana

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 10:39:59 AM »

Omega Brite and generic salmon oil capsules that I get here in Germany.
Take a look at this blog: http://www.fishoilblog.com/
and you will find more choices and information for the international market. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18