Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
This little piggy went nose-clip-clip-clip all the way home!

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: This little piggy went nose-clip-clip-clip all the way home!  (Read 27595 times)

vrimj

Re: This little piggy went nose-clip-clip-clip all the way home!
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2009, 12:21:03 PM »

Man, I could really use the relationship version of SLD. Someone should write a book.

I wonder what one would need to drink in order to make that work?  :shock:

For me, most of the time what I need to swallow is fear and foolish pride :)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 07:00:13 PM by vrimj »

Outrayjust

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2009, 06:09:34 PM »

Man, I could really use the relationship version of SLD. Someone should write a book.

[/quote

Hmmm. Were it only so simple. Doya think that make that in capsule form?

~Outy

vrimj

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2009, 07:53:09 PM »

Hmmm. Were it only so simple. Doya think that make that in capsule form?

I make my own, but rarely do I make i in such a tidy easy to swallow form, I should work on that
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 08:58:59 PM by vrimj »

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2009, 02:38:15 PM »

You're welcome, Heidi, that's a wonderful post. Learning that people can use SLD to weigh what they want somehow doesn't get old!

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2009, 07:35:40 AM »

Congratulations, Heidi! Your persistence is an inspiration, I'm very happy for you!!!!!!!!!  8)
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

f4000

• Full time idler
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2009, 06:56:50 PM »

Hey Heidi!!! Congratulations!!!!

Heidi 555

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2009, 06:41:25 PM »

Thanks all of you for the congratulations.  I thought I'd give an update.  In my excitement around achieving my goal, I foolishly forgot about the need to stabilize my set point at my goal before making any changes.  First I decreased the percentage of food that I was nose clipping, then I went on vacation and overate.  I gained weight and returned home to find that my smallest pants still fit but were too tight to comfortably wear.  However, it appears that the weight I gained has come off effortlessly, in the two weeks that I've been home and back to my diligent high percentage nose clipping.  I'll know for sure once TOM has come and gone. 

My new plan is to keep NCing a high percentage of calories for a few months, until I'm sure that my goal weight set point has stabilized.  My hubby thinks that I should still lose a few more pounds.  (He's not pressuring me -- he just gave me his opinion when I asked.) If my body loses them easily then great.  But I'm happy enough that I'm not motivated to work hard to lose a few more.

I got some bikini bathing suits and a sexy dress while on vacation but I have yet to where them.  Hey I was with my parents.  The situation wasn't conducive.  Though my Dad joked with my Mom about her wearing a bikini.  I tried to convince her to try on one of mine, just for the fun of it, but no luck.  I had a wonderful time trying them on for my husband, who was a most appreciative audience.  I look forward to having the courage to wear them this summer.

It took 1 year of nose clipping
to lose 20 pounds (from about 140 to 120)
Dropped from size 8-10 to size 4
I'm 5' 4.5"

Read about my success nose clipping regular food instead of doing oil or sugar: http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=5903.

m.c.

• Pluckychickenheart
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2009, 04:17:57 AM »

Thanks for your post Heidi. Your experience is very motivating. :)
Have arrived at the new Normal.

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2009, 01:03:21 PM »

a-ha, I anticipate a new hottie in bikini on the beach you usually go, Heidi!...  :D
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

Heidi 555

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2009, 07:03:59 AM »

Thanks m.c. and Pinkmug.  I'm glad that my experience is motivating to someone else besides myself.

Here in Vermont there are lots of beautiful waterfalls and swimming spots where the local custom is to "skinny dip".  You'd think that for one who was comfortable swimming naked, wearing a bikini would be a non issue.  But somehow the bikini takes lots more courage.  But at first the teenage lowcut jeans were intimidating to wear, and now they're a non issue. 

I hope everyone here gets to relish in the good feelings of achieving their goal.  The best part is feeling good in one's body.  I highly recommend trying to cultivate that feeling now, no matter what you weigh.  Though I do admit that it's much easier to have that feeling when you weigh what you want or close to it. 
I'm 5' 4.5"

Read about my success nose clipping regular food instead of doing oil or sugar: http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=5903.

Heidi 555

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2009, 06:16:03 AM »

Maintenance has been going well.  I'm still nose clipping most of my food.  I'm still thinking that I'd like to drop my body fat down a pound or two more.  If I also build more muscle that would be even more wonderful.  For exercise I'm just hooping and walking, with an occasional jog mixed in. 

I can't remember the last time I stepped on a scale.  I'm hoping that I've finally broken my scale addiction.  :D  So I'm just basing my success now on how my clothes fit and my pinching and looking at my body fat deposits.  Unless I'm bloated due to pre TOM, all of my tight pants fit comfortably.  In fact my first set of inspiration pants are now loose.  I'm also very comfortable wearing low cut jeans that I was initially intimidated to wear.  Yesterday I bought a used pair of jeans that were tighter than any that I currently own.  They had a lot of stretch so I could zipper them up, but they're too tight to look really good to wear.  (My hubby agreed with that assessment, though another male friend thought otherwise.)  Anyhow, hopefully they are my last pair of inspiration jeans.  I had mixed feelings getting them, but I'm hoping that they'll inspire me to tighten up my muscles.

Weight loss is really slow, which it should be given where I'm at.  My body takes a long time to plateau and stabilize where it's at.  Then there's a small incremental loss, which might not even show up on the scale.  But I can see it and feel it by how my clothes fit.  I'm still consuming a good amount of calories.  AS varies tremendously.  Most days it's subtly there but barely noticeable.  Other days it's not there at all and I'm hungry and eat a lot.  Here and there it's good and I don't eat as much. 

Nose clipping seemed to stop working for my friend who lost a lot of weight but has problems with bingeing.  (I'm guessing that her set point was pushed up by her bingeing and overriding any AS.)  She stopped nose clipping and gained back most of the weight she lost.  However, she still feels that SLD helped her a lot and plans to go back to it. 

I am amazed and thankful that nose clipping continues to work so reliably well for me.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 02:50:16 PM by Heidi 555 »
I'm 5' 4.5"

Oslo

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2009, 08:51:19 AM »

Hey there Heidi, thanks for the report.
Yeah, it's all about how the clothes fit!  My weight is up to 60kg / 132#, 5+ lbs up from my low last September, and my clothes fit better.  So it seems my bodyfat is lower.  Pretty sure it's due to upping my protein and introducing tabata intervals.  I feel great and without a sense I would be better off at a lower weight -- even though I thought that might be the case last summer.  My body didn't want to do that without more discipline than I was interested in.   
Looking for a point of natural easy-to-maintain stability with a BMI 20-21.  Down from 23+.

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2009, 10:19:45 AM »

Thanks, Heidi, that's wonderful.

Heidi 555

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2009, 06:19:05 AM »

Thanks for your support Seth.  It is much appreciated.

Hey there Heidi, thanks for the report.
Yeah, it's all about how the clothes fit! My weight is up to 60kg / 132#, 5+ lbs up from my low last September, and my clothes fit better. So it seems my bodyfat is lower. Pretty sure it's due to upping my protein and introducing tabata intervals. I feel great and without a sense I would be better off at a lower weight -- even though I thought that might be the case last summer. My body didn't want to do that without more discipline than I was interested in.

Oslo, that's great news!  You have done amazingly well and been an inspiration for me on this journey.  I hope to follow in your footsteps with regards to fitness and conditioning.  Definitely that's what's most important at this point.  I would much prefer to weigh more and have more muscle.  I would love it if you felt like compiling a post of your exercise advice and research.  I keep meaning to read back through your posts.  I'm hoping to not work as much this summer and have the time and energy to get back in better shape.  I felt so good last year when I had a higher level of fitness.  You have figured out how to increase fitness more efficiently.  I could use to move more in that direction.

Also, I think it would be great if you were inspired to post in the I Made It section.  In my eyes you made it a long time ago.  No pressure though -- just do what feels right for you.  Thanks for your support.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 02:45:40 PM by Heidi 555 »
I'm 5' 4.5"

Heidi 555

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2009, 05:48:51 AM »

Maintenance continues to go remarkably well.  I actually feel a bit bad posting updates because it's been so effortless for me and I know so many folks here really struggle with weight fluctuations. 

The biggest news is that someone gave me a scale and the scale has been uncannily consistent.  I use to weigh myself on lots of different scales.  And the scales would vary drastically from each other and themselves.  I could gain 3-5 pounds merely stepping on and off of one.  Anyhow, for the 6-7 weeks that I've had this scale it has said exactly the same thing.  First thing in the morning post BM and before eating or drinking I weigh 117.  (A few times I weighed 116 or 118.)  But then every other time of day that I've stepped on that scale, I've weighed exactly 120 pounds.  It's uncanny.  It didn't even fluctuate with my cycle last month.  I'm curious to see if my weight will drop down after TOM this month. 

I've lost a bit more fat off of my stomach and gained some more muscle.  There isn't much fat left there.  The hooping is gradually helping me to tone my body in all the right places.  Pants and shorts are a bit looser.

I really flow with the nose clipping.  Sometimes I end up nose clipping a lot and sometimes not so much.  There was one day that I didn't feel well and didn't nose clip anything.  Other than that, I nose clip something every single day.  At this point I really don't worry or think about it.  I like nose clipping.  There are foods that I prefer to eat with nose clips.  And times when I prefer to not have the stimulation of flavor.  Anytime that I want to taste the flavors of something, I eat it without clips.  I feel absolutely no food deprivation.  Binges are small and not a problem.  I am so happy with my body and continue to enjoy the gradual refinements of toning my stomach (and hopefully my butt and back of my thighs).  I still can't believe that I have a body that looks better in my late 40s, than it ever did in my 20s and 30s.  It's a Shangr-la miracle.

I'm 5' 4.5"

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18