Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
This little piggy went nose-clip-clip-clip all the way home!

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: This little piggy went nose-clip-clip-clip all the way home!  (Read 27294 times)

Heidi 555

This little piggy went nose-clip-clip-clip all the way home!
« on: December 30, 2008, 06:34:17 AM »

Happy New Year everyone!† This year may you effortlessly achieve your goals.

Signs that I know Iíve made it:

I no longer cared about posting in the I Made It section.† I realized that I needed to post here to give other folks hope and incentive that I no longer need.† I now understand why a lot of people donít bother to post that they made it and instead just disappear.

I no longer know exactly what I weigh and I no longer care.† Hey itís somewhere in the teens!  This is the first time in my adult life that Iíve weighed in the teens.  I passed very quickly through them as a teenager.  Last year my New Yearís goal was to: ďGet under 130 pounds and stay thereĒ  (http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=5891.0) Well not only did I stay under 130 but I made it under 120!  I stepped on a new scale a few weeks ago and decided that the scale must be broken because I weighed too little instead of too much. 

I am no longer afraid to eat as much of I want of whatever I want.  (This might be the best Shangri-la benefit of all.)

I really am a size 4 now.  I had bought yet another pair of inspiration jeans that were a tight size 4.  I wore them for the first time and they fit comfortably.  All my tight pants fit comfortably and many are now too loose.  Iím going out to a New Years Eve party and will be wearing some pants that say size 2.  (They must be a big size 2!  :D)  Never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine I would wear a size 2. 

I didnít get skinny, I just got small.  I have small hands, feet, bones and body structure.   I feel integrated now, like all of me is the right size.  My hands and feet are no longer too small for my body, because my body is now small.

I feel a bit sad and nostalgic to no longer be a part of the club.  I didnít realize how much our striving for a common goal connects us together.  Iím happy to be no longer striving to achieve some weight loss goal.  What a relief!  But I also feel a little sad about losing the striving, and the wonderful connections and support that it brought with all of you.  My focus is shifting to other areas of my life.  Though perhaps Iíll join an exercise challenge in the spring.  This past month my muscles have lost their hardness.  I look forward to running and toning my muscles again during the warmer months.  But right now Iím taking it easy mostly because of an arm injury.  Itís a relief to not be striving with exercise, too. 

My plan is to keep doing what Iíve been doing for the next 3 weeks.  Then I go on vacation to Florida for 2 weeks and Iím thinking that I might not nose clip during that time, or will cut way back on my nose clipping and see what happens. 

Well, with SLD you really can choose your weight.  What an amazing gift to be able to weigh whatever you want.  As I said back in March (http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=5903.msg64927#msg64927) and Seth quoted: ďAfter a lifetime of not weighing what I wanted, the idea that I can choose my weight is a stupendous dream for my mind to grasp.  All along I've been hopeful, but not daring to believe in it, until it becomes real and lasting.  But now I live with feeling happiness with my body, and that feeling is a priceless gift.  Whether I gain or lose a few more pounds, it's that good feeling with my physical being that I most want to maintain.Ē  Now I have the good feelings with my body AND I weigh my chosen weight.†

Thank you again Seth Ė I can never thank you enough!† And thanks to all you.† Itís been a wonderful journey to my goal over this past year because of your good company.† I feel like I have many good friends here.† May each of you get to effortlessly choose and be any weight that you want.† †Wishing you each much peace and joy.† Some dreams do come true.
It took 1 year of nose clipping
to lose 20 pounds (from about 140 to 120)
Dropped from size 8-10 to size 4
I'm 5' 4.5"

Read about my success nose clipping regular food instead of doing oil or sugar: http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=5903.

karky

• Life is Good!
Re: This little piggy went nose-clip-clip-clip all the way home!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 06:57:34 AM »

Heidi
I am so happy that you are happy.  8)
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

Maychi

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 07:17:54 AM »

Oh, Heidi, reading your post almost brought tears to my eyes. I'm so happy that you've reached your goal and that it isn't a let-down, like some people say it is. I can fully understand you missing the striving, but I'm sure you'll fill the gap with something that is much more enjoyable and (dare I say it?) worthwhile than worrying about your weight and wishing for it to be lower.

I sincerely hope you don't abandon this forum altogether, because you'd be sorely missed. Your insight and thoughtful advice and understanding were invaluable. But if you do decide to leave, I'll wish you now all the very best for 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017........

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 11:05:49 AM »

Oh Well Done Heidi!!!

but don' t be a stranger and pop in now and again cos like maschi said you will be missed!!!

VeganKitten

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 11:46:27 AM »

WAY TO GO!!! Isn't it amazing to feel "right sized" ... I am almost there too.

xtine

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 03:26:37 PM »

Hurray Heidi, and well done!  I'm very happy for you, and thank you so much for your wonderful companionship, support and helpful insights along the way.  We will really miss you, but for the best possible reason... Hopefully I will be joining you pretty soon, some time within the next 3- 6 months I'd say.  CONGRATULATIONS and what a wonderful New Year's present to yourself.

Outrayjust

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 07:05:13 PM »

Heidi, how amazing!

~Outy

shovelqueen

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 07:36:18 PM »

You've been a maverick, a trailblazer on these forums!  Congratulations on your success!  We'll miss your regular contributions, but please stop in from time to time and post a note to let us know how you are keeping!

"Strength, balance, joy!"

IndianGirl

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 08:14:30 PM »

Heidi, CONGRATULATIONS!

Your ticker looked like you (almost) reached your goal, since the past few weeks. Heidi, do keep in touch.

Heidi 555

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 07:49:57 AM »

Thanks again everyone.† This forum is such a great support.†

Oops, I don't think that I'm leaving.† Sorry that my post gave that impression.† But I feel some kind of shift.† Maybe I'll be here but just less active?

Oh, Heidi, reading your post almost brought tears to my eyes. I'm so happy that you've reached your goal and that it isn't a let-down, like some people say it is. I can fully understand you missing the striving, but I'm sure you'll fill the gap with something that is much more enjoyable and (dare I say it?) worthwhile than worrying about your weight and wishing for it to be lower.
This shift in striving caught me by surprise.† I wasn't sure if I would know when I was done or had reached my ideal weight.† But there's this feeling of fulfillment inside me in terms of lifelong weight issues.† That something unattainable that I longed for all my life and thought I couldn't have, I now have.† The striving fell away because I'm finally the weight I want to be.† Of course I keep looking for it, wondering if it's going to sneak back in.† Striving is so familiar.† I'm wondering if it's possible to drop the striving in other areas of my life.† That it might be easier to have what you want without trying so hard to get it.† Striving is such an ingrained habit.† Trying not to strive is yet another form of striving.† I'm loving that I'm in this new unexplored territory.† It's wonderful but different than what I thought.
I'm 5' 4.5"

Read about my success nose clipping regular food instead of doing oil or sugar: http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=5903.

xtine

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2008, 10:01:27 AM »

Very interesting what you say about striving Heidi!  I have learned this in another area of life---how to be happy in love, which I thought I would never be, and now I am.  And it's different that I imagined, because it's reality not fantasy, but it's really good-- one of the corner bricks of my everyday happiness now.  I think the way I felt about relationships is how many of us feel about being the weight we want-- longing for it yet not really believing in it.  For me the journey to a loving relationship was as much about belief and letting go of old, un-helpful patterns as anything-- certainly NOT about striving, but about trust and just living in the way I wanted.   Eventually not walking down dead-end paths (love-wise) brought me to the right person at the right time.

I know this is a potentially vast other topic which I don't really want to start up as a separate conversation---I mention it because of what I see as similarities in letting go and re-learning---being willing simply to try things differently. 

shovelqueen

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2008, 11:03:16 AM »

Oh, whew!  I'm glad you're not leaving, just retiring a bit.  We'd miss you! :(

"Strength, balance, joy!"

Heidi 555

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2009, 09:34:09 AM »

xtine, I can relate to the relationship happiness because I've had that for the past 10 years and I didn't have it before that.† It's very similar to the fulfillment that I now feel weight wise.† Now if only I can have happiness with work I'll be all set.† Actually, I wouldn't even care about the work happiness if I had some money and could retire.

Oh, whew!† I'm glad you're not leaving, just retiring a bit.† We'd miss you!
That was a nice way to put it.† I'm here but in my retirement phase.† I would miss you, too.† I'm a SLDieter for life.† Maybe we need SLD buttons or bumper stickers that say something funny to that effect.† "Shangri-la Diet: guzzle oil to lose weight."† Something that would be a good conversation opener.

would love to see before and after pictures
I fully intended to post before and after pictures.† But I very rarely take pictures of myself and at the moment it's frigid here and I'm bundled up in multiple layers of clothes and not inspired.† When I do get a good new picture of myself I might put up a before and after picture for a short time.† I also feel vulnerable posting pictures because I recently felt harassed by someone who briefly posted here.† So maybe I would post pictures somewhere and just give out the link to people I trust.† I'm open to suggestions around this.†
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 04:05:15 PM by Heidi 555 »
I'm 5' 4.5"

m.c.

• Pluckychickenheart
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2009, 10:37:48 AM »

Hi Heidi!

I'd love to see your pics too. I totally understand about not placing yourself in a vulnerable place though. I think thats why I took so long to post a photo of myself. I love the internet but  I am always aware of how it can be abused. :( Sometimes I wish I could show you guys a picture too so I could get an unbiased head check. You know, like am I insane to feel pudgy at this weight when I know intellectually that I probably look just fine and 5 pounds less will not make a stitch of difference. AAAaaaa. forgive my ramblings :?
Have arrived at the new Normal.

Outrayjust

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2009, 11:42:36 AM »

Man, I could really use the relationship version of SLD. Someone should write a book.

I wonder what one would need to drink in order to make that work?  :shock:

~Outy
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18