Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Downsizing

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Downsizing  (Read 23552 times)

Ivy

Re: Downsizing
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2008, 07:11:58 AM »

I seem to be stuck, hovering up and down around 231-234 or so, which is between 10 and 13lbs down from my start date. My ticker reflects the lowest weight I've seen; I can't bring myself to adjust it upwards. The floor and ceiling change by tiny increments but I can't seem to get over the 230lb hump. I'm not terribly surprised, and I'm trying not to worry or get impatient, because this is a weight at which I was stable for a long time. I've read in my perusings on this forum that people tend to get stuck at their old set points, so I'm just hanging in there. The good news is that Thanksgiving didn't seem to change anything.

Also, I went for a blood draw and follow-up appointment with my healthcare provider yesterday, and by their scales I was down 16 lbs from my last appointment. So maybe my scales just suck. :)

In any case, I have control, and that's a great feeling, no matter what the weight is doing. Even my bad days are better than my best days were, pre-SLD. I wish I were still seeing amazing things on the scales BUT I anticipated the initial fast losses to slow down and I've been prepared for plateaus since the start.

shovelqueen

« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2008, 07:44:06 AM »

Good attitude, Ivy - keep the faith, and it will move again, guaranteed! :D

"Strength, balance, joy!"

Ivy

« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2008, 07:48:04 AM »

Thanks, shovelqueen! :)

I also find myself slipping back into bad sleeping habits, so I would probably do better (not just in weight loss but energy level and general wellbeing) if I got back into the good pattern I had the first month I was on SLD.

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2008, 08:32:35 AM »

persistance is the key here
and patience.
you have to keep sticking it out.
like me, and you can see what has happened to me since I have been hanging around these here parts... 8)
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2008, 01:56:58 AM »

hang on in there ivy - hopefully you will soon see the scales go down again.

Ivy

« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2008, 11:12:37 AM »

FINALLY!

I cracked it! 229.4! I'm sure I'll hover up and down over that awful, evil number for a few weeks yet but I can start waving goodbye to 230 now.

m.c.

• Pluckychickenheart
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2008, 12:03:36 PM »

YEA!!!!!!! :P
Have arrived at the new Normal.

Outrayjust

« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2008, 03:50:02 PM »

Way to go, Ivy. Keep your sights set forward.

~Outy

Ivy

« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2008, 06:30:44 AM »

Thanks, guys. :)

I told my husband, although plateaus suck, this is the easiest "diet" to plateau on. There's no temptation to give up and take my toys home, because I'm already basically eating what I feel like eating, when I feel like eating it, and there are other benefits to SLD besides weight loss.

In other words, if I let go of the boulder it just sits there, rather than rolling all the way back down the hill. :)

m.c.

• Pluckychickenheart
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2008, 06:53:11 AM »

Great analogy Ivy! I love that mental image of the boulder. :)
Have arrived at the new Normal.

Heidi 555

« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2008, 07:49:02 AM »

Congratulations Ivy!  I love that boulder analogy, too.  It's one that will stay with me.
It took 1 year of nose clipping
to lose 20 pounds (from about 140 to 120)
Dropped from size 8-10 to size 4
I'm 5' 4.5"

Read about my success nose clipping regular food instead of doing oil or sugar: http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=5903.

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2008, 11:25:28 PM »

well done ivy!!!

Ivy

« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2009, 12:15:47 PM »

Checking in...

I didn't have a lot to update for awhile there as I kept hovering around 230 for so long. It's moving again now (I hope) and I'm down to 225. I suppose considering I started in mid-October and it's now mid-January, 20 lbs is pretty good for 3 months. Except that most of it came off in the first month or so. :)

I'm still extremely hopeful. It doesn't have to go fast (although I WOULD LOVE it if it would). It just has to go.

Hear that, fat? YOU HAVE TO GO. :)

shovelqueen

« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2009, 12:47:35 PM »

20 lbs in 3 months is awesome, Ivy!!  Your body took a bit of time to adjust, and it sounds like it's now ready to move on (down :D).  That has been the pattern for lots of us, and if you just keep up the SLD, things eventually do move. 

You must be feeling different with 20 lbs gone.  Clothes a little baggy?  Face thinner?  Bones starting to get closer to the surface?  Slightly deflated feeling in the belly?  All good stuff!! 8) :D

"Strength, balance, joy!"

Ivy

« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2009, 04:18:42 PM »

I've been hitching up my pants for a long time, and in the past week or so they've started coming dangerously close to falling down. I probably need to get a belt. Or a few new pairs of pants, but I'd much rather buy them in my goal size than in a transitional size. There are enough sizes between my goal size and my starting size that I will probably have to buy new clothes more than once along the way. :)

My husband says that it must be going well if I'm complaining about staying the same weight from before Thanksgiving to after New Year's. 8)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18