Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
...at the tail end - nearer than I was when I started

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: ...at the tail end - nearer than I was when I started  (Read 56162 times)

nougat

• Malta EU
Re: ...at the tail end - nearer than I was when I started
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2009, 12:08:15 PM »

pink - the faggots are pork meatballs and dh and ds hated them!!!(sorry falconcy)

falconcy

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2009, 04:01:48 PM »

You tried Nougat. I can't get any at the moment, pity, because I fancy some once in a while. Haven't had any since I moved out :(

Trying to focus on diet and exercise to get me down to the last level. My work schedule will be back to normal after today (yet another holiday) then I can get a walk in and watch my calorie intake.

A legend in his own lunch hour

mpq

• PA USA
« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2009, 08:41:46 AM »

Now that's a first, burning something in the microwave, never thought that possible :lol: Blonde moment mpq? :D

I know I am very late in answering this, but just couldn't let it pass.......... :lol:
It was an electrical fire. Firemen, smoke, all for a bowl of left over veggies!...Was not my fault....THIS TIME!!

Happy New Year everybody! I've missed chatting with all of you. I've been so busy, my mom in and out of the hospital twice since Thanksgiving, work, Holidays. I am happy to be back in a routine.
Falconcy, that is the best picture! You look wonderful! I hope everything works out with the GF. Please just remember that you are a great person and deserve to be loved and trusted.
I'm going to try to catch up with many of the posts this week. I hope everyone is wonderful!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

falconcy

« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2009, 08:56:40 AM »

The holiday period is now over and the next batch of holidays will be connected with Lent and Easter. It's time to focus and get the last kilos off. Procrastination when it comes to exercise has to end too. Getting back to a sensible weight is now my primary goal as far as health goes.

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2009, 10:12:09 AM »

"Getting back to a sensible weight is now my primary goal as far as health goes."

you and me both falconcy....

falconcy

« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2009, 11:41:05 AM »

Picking up DD from the airport at an ungodly hour tonight following her visit to the PD in Dubai. I hate the messing around waiting to go and don't want to go up too early and end up waiting at the airport. She'll stay with me tonight and I'll take her back to her mother tomorrow night.

I'm finding that my appetite is all over the place, sometimes ravenously hungry, sometimes not. Things are going well, not always as fast as I would like, yet progress is being made in the right direction.

falconcy

« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2009, 12:40:53 PM »

My work pattern has changed. I start later and finish later. It's actually quite good in some ways as I am able to get practically anything I need done in the mornings and not need to rush into work. I'm planning a big lunch and then a light snack during the evening. That could actually work out better. Walking in the mornings could also be a lot easier, even if I wake up late.

I'm not likely to eat big when I get home at that time, worst case a light snack or something, if I even bother. I've eaten surprisingly little today. Some leftover curry at lunch time and a mixed beef and pork doner kebab a few hours back. I feel somewhat stuffed, so I will mostly crave fluids when I get home (note to self - buy milk)

It's almost time to finish, just killing the last 20 mins or so. Traffic this time of night will be pretty quiet so driving home is not an issue. Finding parking when I get into work is also less of an issue.

I wouldn't want to do this all the time, especially with a partner involved in the equation. For now though it is pretty good, I'm working most of the time alone, so nobody to bug me, plus they obviously trust me to handle things.

falconcy

« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2009, 12:26:59 PM »

I managed a good hour's walk this morning, all done before I ate, so I guess my body was in burning mode before I actually started eating. A fairly light brunch (scrambled eggs with chicken sausage, tomato and ciabatta) did the trick. I hadn't planned well enough to bring food from home today so it was a mixed doner kebab again tonight. I'm surprisingly full and suspect I will not be hungry when I get home. I'll be more in need of fluids than anything.

Same routine again tomorrow. The new shift patterns will actually give me a couple of days off a week so I'm better off overall. The slightly antisocial hours are well offset by the time I get off and also the extra time in the mornings.

tek_vixen

• A mind is a terrible thing to lose!
« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2009, 02:25:09 PM »

Now that's a first, burning something in the microwave, never thought that possible :lol: Blonde moment mpq? :D

I know I am very late in answering this, but just couldn't let it pass.......... :lol:
It was an electrical fire. Firemen, smoke, all for a bowl of left over veggies!...Was not my fault....THIS TIME!!

Aw, falconcy, mpq wasn't the first to burn something in the microwave!  A couple of years ago my DD (then 11) thought she was setting the timer on the microwave, when in fact she turned it on with no food inside.  We keep an inverted pie plate (glass) inside the microwave for doing popcorn, and it took the brunt of the cooking.  It actually melted a hole in the center of the pie plate by the time she figured out what she had done (and yes, she's blonde).  She managed to do it twice in one week, and lost her microwaving privileges.

Hi to everyone!  I'm trying to get back in the saddle.  It's good to see you are all sticking with it.  Hope to talk with you more later.

T-Vix

falconcy

« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2009, 04:30:50 AM »

The last few days have been a bit rough, I've had flu. It's been doing the rounds of the office so it was only a matter of time before I caught it. I have relied on my body's natural immunity plus vitamin c and hot and spicy food. This is doing the trick, I'm gradually getting rid of it, as well as emptying boxes of tissues in the process.

The new shift patterns are about to move into the final phase, which will give me a lot more "me" time as well as plenty of "us" time. I'll actually be getting additional days off so this will help me to focus even more on my goal. The only reason I have now for not getting to where I need to be is pure unadulterated procrastination. With everything moving into place it looks like my life is determined to help me reach my goals.

As all the pieces come into place, it is becoming easier to visualise how things are going to work out.

shovelqueen

« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2009, 05:19:53 AM »

It's great to hear of your successes, falconcy.  Hope you feel better soon!

"Strength, balance, joy!"

falconcy

« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2009, 03:56:22 AM »

The flu is about gone. The last of my batch of vindaloo seemed to do the trick. It's amazing what garlic, ginger and chilli can do. I also upped my intake of strawberries as they are a good antiviral food. I prefer to stick to natural things and allow my body to develop natural immunity, at least that way I have some immunity and am not left wide open to the next bug that happens to come my way. I have little faith in the medical establishment and the pills and potions they peddle. Antibiotic abuse has caused so many problems and lead to immune strains of bugs.

My goal now is to take full advantage of the new shift patterns and use them to finally get into shape. Getting out of the procrastination phase is perhaps the hardest. I started out on the right road when I moved out, I need to get back to that point and use the exercise side of things to boost my metabolism to the point that the last kilos just drop off. I spend way too much time behind a computer sat on my backside.

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #87 on: January 21, 2009, 08:59:50 AM »

glad you are feeling better Falconcy.  it is so true about the antibiotic abuse and all the problems that is causing.  however there is a difference between real flu and a feverish cold virus.  we take the flu jab every year and then we deal with the winter viruses with paracetamol  and natural things.  but real flu is much more severe my brother in law got flu which led to pneumonia and it may have affected his heart...

falconcy

« Reply #88 on: January 24, 2009, 04:09:45 AM »

Having a couple of days off has left me wondering what to do, especially in view of the fact that it has been raining. Not much can be done when it does. Going for a walk goes right out of the window. No point in getting soaked to the skin. Looks like more of the same is forecast for the rest of the week. It's bad enough trying to motivate myself when the weather is fine. Even harder when the weather is totally screwed up. Having someone here with me to share that time with is going to make a big difference as this will open up more possibilities that are just not really viable right now on my own.

I've found a breakfast I really enjoy, so much so that I make it as a brunch on days that I don't have to work. It's simple really, just scrambled eggs with either salmon or smoked salmon and grilled tomato on top. A quick sprinkle of freshly ground salt and pepper makes it complete.

falconcy

« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2009, 09:50:38 AM »

This past couple of days have been somewhat hectic. I've been investing time in my future. I now have a couple of days off and I need the rest. I'm working Saturday and off Sunday. Next week is a busy one, though after work on Friday, I'm off till 3pm on Tuesday, so that'll give me a good break. I'll get that every 3 weeks. Hopefully by then, my life will have turned completely around and I'll be able to totally focus on the final goal of getting my weight down for good.

Things are really moving on as far as the personal side goes. More on that soon.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 24   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18