Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
...at the tail end - nearer than I was when I started

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: ...at the tail end - nearer than I was when I started  (Read 56159 times)

falconcy

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Re: ...at the tail end - nearer than I was when I started
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2008, 05:24:55 AM »

BTW, I really can recommend Royal Shark - not sure what else it might be called. It was a slight pink colour. I put it in the oven for a bit as the potatoes were finishing cooking, then finished it off in a griddle pan to give it the lines on it to make it look right. We're talking like fillet steak here, albeit from a fish angle.
A legend in his own lunch hour

falconcy

« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2008, 01:36:09 PM »

Trying to plan my leave out. I have plenty of possibilities open to me, I have the rough period of time I will take penned in, just a case of deciding what to actually do with my time. I've been working pretty hard this past year, it will be good to have some "me" time without the pressure of work. It's only 2.5 weeks away now.

falconcy

« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2008, 01:32:08 AM »

I'm finding that I'm getting quite good A/S particularly when I have a "brunch" this seems to fill me up to the point that I'm not as hungry later on in the day.

Life is good and I'm grateful for what I have. I'm totally focused on where I'm going and this really does help. All to often we stumble through life mindlessly without really knowing where we are going. You need to know where you are going in the first place if you're even going to get there.

I think I caused a bit of a panic at work. They know I'm due leave and the issue now is that they need to provide support cover whilst I take it. I suspect my true value will be discovered at that time. Normally I just take care of it, now somebody else will need to do it. I need the break though, even if I just take a lazy couple of weeks and just chill.

falconcy

« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2008, 01:19:08 AM »

I definitely have a changing attitude towards food. I have a full fridge, yet I just cannot seem to want to eat. I have things I need to get eaten, so I'm trying to eat in small quantities.

I'm planning a beef and ale stew with dumplings, I never really liked stew, largely due to the addition of swedes and parsnips. Mine will have onions, mushrooms and potatoes, so there will be an avoidance of the things I'm not so fond of and full emphasis on flavor. This will be taken into work so I can avoid eating for the sake of it as well as finding a few hungry mouths that will demolish the extra.

Some days, I just can't seem to eat, others I just want to binge. I can easily demolish a pack of cookies, I try to buy packs of really good ones, these are pricey, yet with only 4 to a pack as well as being good, I limit the damage somewhat. My other weakness is walnut and raisin bread. I can demolish a whole loaf in the blink of an eye. I try to limit the opportunities for a binge so that it is a couple of times a month rather than an everyday thing.

falconcy

« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2008, 01:24:29 AM »

My mood for food is very varied at the moment. Sometimes, I'm craving vegetarian, other times it's meat. I'm guessing my body is telling me what it needs. The gym in the apartment block is out of action whilst they repair the aftermath of a burst pipe, be glad when that is sorted as it is getting a bit cool these days.

I'm trying to plan my leave, I will not be able to get in the whole period I wanted due to operational requirements. I will get some time off though. I may not travel in the end, I had a couple of options open to me in that area and due to the uncertainty of my leave, I'm putting them on the back burner for now. I'm thinking to start preparing for the future instead, making my space a bit more comfortable. The main problem I'm running into is lack of storage space. The kitchen is compact in the apartment, maybe fine for one person who does not cook much, then again, I cook :P The bedroom needs more storage space too, an ottoman and a chest of drawers are high on my list. Got my eyes on a good sound system too  8)

I'm also planning on spending some money on me, a couple of classic pieces that will be good for my wardrobe, a blazer and a couple of pairs of good quality shoes.

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2008, 11:30:46 AM »

Hi falconcy!

falconcy

« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2008, 03:49:16 PM »

Hi Nougat

falconcy

« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2008, 11:32:34 AM »

I'm finally on leave and actually have some "me" time on my hands. It will be really strange not having to work as I have been working non stop since I moved out. I have a fridge full of goodies and I'm planning on making them last till the New Year. I had a couple of travel options open to me and as things got left to the last minute, I was not able to plan my own schedule around other people's so it went on the back burner for now.

I'm hoping to get plenty of walking in over the next week with the intention of getting my weight down further. I'm not planning any huge meals over the holiday period so I will hopefully manage to keep things on track.

Life is good, I have much to be grateful for and the past year has seen much progress in many aspects of my life. The new year is going to move me much closer to my long term goals. Looking back, I'm amazed just how far I have managed to come in the past year. A year ago I could not have foreseen this much progress.

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2008, 11:18:53 PM »

Hi falconcy
look what i found at the supermarket - i had to buy 1!!

[/img]

falconcy

« Reply #69 on: December 25, 2008, 04:56:50 AM »

Faggots? For Christmas? Sacrilege!!!

Last night was loads of fish stuff cooked by me, myself and I. I threw a feast together in an hour and a half. Had DS and his GF round, funny how he has never taken her to the house to his mother. Today DD is round, she can help me finish off . Had a phone call last weekend from my ex ...some crap about I was going to be all alone for Christmas. I'm not, guess who is though.

Merry Crimbles everybody, hope the food is good and the company is good.

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #70 on: December 25, 2008, 08:35:32 AM »

glad you had a nice xmas with your family and lots of good food.

oh no the faggots went into the freezer!!  xmas as turkey at my mum's!!!

falconcy

« Reply #71 on: December 26, 2008, 11:11:17 AM »

I managed to survive Christmas and any overeating was done with reasonable choices as opposed to bad choices.It was nice having the company over the holiday period. Now I'm back to normal again with some peace and quiet. Still got a weekend to get anything done that I need to. I may do another detox in January and try to finally beat the elusive 100kg barrier. Getting under it will be an achievement in itself, the real challenge though will be keeping under it.

falconcy

« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2009, 10:16:29 AM »

New Year was also survived pretty well. It's a case now of settling down and getting on with what needs to be done. Losing the rest of the weight and getting down to my target weight of 75Kg is now my main goal. The next goal is keeping the weight off permanently.

I find eating a good lunch leaves me feeling less hungry later on than having a light lunch. I will only eat later out of habit and not because I'm actually hungry. Another thing I need to do is stop food shopping. I tend to shop out of habit and some fresh stuff ends up getting trashed as it goes rotten. I also need to keep the veggie side of things up. Sure, some meat is needed, just that I don't need as much as I'm likely consuming.

Tonight it's artichokes with pesto mayo. Seems to be hitting the right spot. I am once again running my food through Fitday and I can immediately see where I made a bad choice today with pita bread. I used to do this before and playing "what/if" seems to be a good thing to do. I may avoid a few bad choices and reduce my calorie intake a bit.

xtine

« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2009, 12:34:32 PM »

Hi Falcony, seems like you are doing great.  Happy New Year!  Re. Fitday-- I too find it very useful-- I crept up a pound or two over xmas (coinciding with travel and parties and not tracking calories) and now that I'm tracking what I eat again on Fitday, I too find that it's really useful as a reality check on calories.  Hope you make great progress this year and wish you all the best with it.

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2009, 04:48:00 AM »

happy new year falconcy! Glad you're doing fine. The faggot talk always makes me laugh!!! Is it meatballs?
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 24   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18