Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
...at the tail end - nearer than I was when I started

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: ...at the tail end - nearer than I was when I started  (Read 56163 times)

falconcy

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Re: ...at the tail end - nearer than I was when I started
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2008, 08:14:27 AM »

It's all a question of trust now. The problem is that in any normal relationship you don't get a situation where an ex seeks out your girlfriend and says "he said this to me and he said that to me" Then you don't get "he said that to me too" accompanied by a lot of doubts.

I'm pretty sure the guys will agree that we all approach romantic situations from a similar angle and are likely to repeat things that we have said or done in the past, it's part of who we are, I'm sure the ladies are no different in this respect. It doesn't mean we're not sincere. In the majority of cases this never becomes an issue and in this case it has only become an issue because a certain person decided come rushing in.

I have my work cut out now regaining her trust. I'm confident I can do it, though I do not expect it to be easy. It'll be an uphill struggle. I'm prepared to do whatever is necessary. I'm not taking the easy way out and walking. My heart knows who it belongs to.
A legend in his own lunch hour

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2008, 09:42:42 AM »

best of luck falconcy - wishing you all the best. 
i'm sure your g/f will soon see how sincere you are and will trust you.

i suspect she's been hurt in the past and is afraid it would happen again. 

falconcy

« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2008, 12:38:04 AM »

This ride can certainly rival the scariest roller-coaster on an emotional scale. Progress is being made in a positive direction. I'm positively optimistic.

I've made a batch of Murg Korma to take into work, Pilau Rice, Chapattis, Red Onion Raitha and a Peach Chutney on the side. I also made a Mushroom Tikka Masala so that a colleague who is a veggie can join in the fun.

I can only cook when I have passion in my life. When I do, I seem to get it right. They were joking at a party the other night that we should hire out a restaurant for the company Christmas Party and give the staff the night off and let me loose in the kitchen. Comments from colleagues who have eaten my stuff are pretty positive, one said it was restaurant quality another, who has quite refined tastes, was as critical as he could be and still couldn't find anything wrong, he commented that there was only one thing missing, a good Valipocella to go with a pasta dish I made.

shovelqueen

« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2008, 03:17:14 AM »

Oh, if only we lived closer.... :lol: :lol:  What I wouldn't give to visit the Falconcy Bistro, especially on Curry Days! :D

I'm so glad things are working out for you.  You have our best wishes, you know!

"Strength, balance, joy!"

falconcy

« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2008, 10:03:26 AM »

The curry was a winner:

It’s da bomb mate – "A" nodding his head at every mouthful
You should open a restaurant – "S"
Thank you doesn’t say enough – "A" (who got the Mushroom Tikka Masala cuz he’s a veggie)
Man, this is really good – (to the other guys) he really knows how to cook – "M"
You write me down the recipe – "E" from accounts who got a spoonful on top of her lentils to try.

Cooking has to be done with passion, you can actually taste it. It's the secret ingredient I put into everything I cook. The other night when I was at a really low point, I cooked something and it turned out crap.

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2008, 10:10:02 AM »

aah!  so that explains it... i hate cooking with a passion... :)

falconcy

« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2008, 01:33:55 AM »

When I'm not in a euphoric state of passion, I can cook OK, it really comes out when I am on an emotional high. When my emotions are totally shot up, I can't cook at all.

Gotta make a homemade tiramisu to take in to work. The kind where two pieces you're over the limit.

falconcy

« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2008, 08:55:38 AM »

I'm finding that eating at lunchtime leaves me full for the rest of the day. I only need a light snack in the evening when I get home. A comment that came out yesterday got me thinking, junk food leaves you feeling tired, real food leaves you feeling energised. I tend to use quality ingredients and with the passion thrown into the equation, maybe I'm onto something. Most food you buy from a takeaway or restaurant is made for profit, this can lead to the quality being lower than you'd make yourself.

falconcy

« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2008, 11:42:27 PM »

I love waking up feeling really happy, I'm ready to face the day and whatever it has in store for me. Music I've been listening to has gone from being almost Leonard Cohen to Mariah Carey. I'm amazed how music can affect your mood too. At the risk of being too graphic, check out the remixed version of Enigma's Mea Culpa ;-)

I need to get some chores done, I tend to put things on the backburner when I'm not feeling good, resulting in a pile of washing up. I hate that as much as Nougat says she hates cooking. It's not that it takes long, just that I hate doing it.

Trying to think what to cook for lunch today. I have the passion, just lack the inspiration right now. so many things I can think of yet none seem right. It will come, maybe I need to get the washing up done first.

AS wise, eating heavier at lunch time with very little at breakfast seems to work. I'm way less hungry at night time. I'm trying to shift my eating patterns earlier in the day to see how this affects things.

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2008, 01:02:06 AM »

:D

falconcy i hate the washing up too - and the shopping - in fact everything to do with food - well except eating and even that has become tinged with guilt......

i'm glad you are happy and back to your cheerful self. :)

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2008, 02:50:02 AM »

You know you're depressed... when you listen to Leonard Cohen most of the time  :D

Nougat I'm so like you... cooking is not my thing (I'd love to cook for pleasure just once in a while, but cooking 14 times a week takes all the beauty from it...)
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

m.c.

• Pluckychickenheart
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2008, 05:53:13 AM »

So true about the grind of daily cooking and washing up. And then if you cook up something that nobody eats? Ugh. That makes me nuts. :?

Have arrived at the new Normal.

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2008, 09:34:38 AM »

:x
we are all fussy eaters - so often i cook for my dh and my ds(s) have something different and THEN some one or the other of them complains....AAARRRRGGGGHHHH
i hhhhaaaattttteeeeee cooking....

falconcy

« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2008, 09:20:37 AM »

Had d/s and his g/f round at 30 mins notice last night. Made Royal Shark Steak, Spicy Potato Wedges and a Baby Spinach Salad with a White Truffle Oil and Balsamic Vinaigrette. Followed it up with a Raspberry and Redcurrant Sorbet. It was the first time he really brought her to meet me. Didn't take her to the house yet I don't think. The food was a hit, she really enjoyed it. The said they would come again and bring the food for me to cook. He knew I would deliver ;-)

falconcy

« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2008, 04:01:21 AM »

I can relate when it comes to washing up, I hate doing it. I figure I have 2 choices, either do it right away and keep the mess to a minimum or leave it till I have to do it in order to be able for find a knife and fork and a plate that are clean. I think the former is the best option.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 24   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18