Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
...at the tail end - nearer than I was when I started

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: ...at the tail end - nearer than I was when I started  (Read 56160 times)

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
Re: ...at the tail end - nearer than I was when I started
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2008, 02:06:24 AM »

We're already on Christmas shopping hours schedule - big stores can now be open all day on Sundays (the rest of the year they're closed on Sunday afternoons). So, it's now from 9 am to 11 pm everyday. By big stores the law means stores larger than 2,000 square mt. The big Xmas frenzy has begun, but there's not much money to spend. Which is good by me too, I hate the Xmas consumerist thing.

I LOVE moussaka! But it's a lot of work to make it. As my family doesn't much appreciate eggplant, I only eat it very ocasionally, at restaurants.

Falconcy what do you think of Jamie Oliver the cook? I've been watching his shows, and getting good tips. I just wish I was so quick, cutting vegs and all.  :D
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

falconcy

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2008, 06:13:58 AM »

Jamie is a good cook, quick too. I also like Gordon "effing" Ramsay.

Here they have cut the shopping hours, it goes into frenzy mode for a couple of weeks around Christmas. Then back into hibernation mode till easter.

I'll work on a quick recipe for moussaka, pre-cooking the veggies has to help. I got a piece of rump steak today, gonna mince it and use that for the meat. A premixed bechamel will save time too. It's just a case of cooking stuff then putting it into a pyrex and into the oven to set it. Should take 45 min - 1 hr tops.
A legend in his own lunch hour

falconcy

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2008, 12:26:21 PM »

Been pretty manic at work, we're one guy short, so it increased the workload a bit. Planning on going back onto oil again, coconut is what I think I am going to go with, got some today so hopefully tomorrow I will start. Gonna take some corned beef hash into work for when I feel hungry. I can nuke it in the microwave at work to warm it up.

As I tend to overcook, I think cooking at night and then taking half to work the next day might be a coping strategy. It's either that, eat it all or give it away.

I'm at a more sensible size, yet I want to go down to the next level, get back to where I was 20 odd years ago. That will be about optimum for me. Exercise is something else that needs to be introduced back into my regime.

Sure, I get some exercise, parking away from the office, plus the distance from the car to the apartment as well as lugging shopping up.

Getting really into Enigma, especially through headphones.

falconcy

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2008, 12:21:21 AM »

I just tried coconut oil, no real taste and not as "oily" as ELOO. The plan is to use that for A/S and finally get below that elusive 100kg mark in the next 8 weeks. I have the goal, I have the motivation, I know that I am going to finally do it. I'm a man on a mission.

Taking left over corned beef hash to work with me. I can eat it when I feel hungry. Work is ideal for doing leftovers, I can easily warm stuff up in a microwave.

Outrayjust

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2008, 06:36:04 AM »

I just tried coconut oil, no real taste and not as "oily" as ELOO. The plan is to use that for A/S and finally get below that elusive 100kg mark in the next 8 weeks. I have the goal, I have the motivation, I know that I am going to finally do it. I'm a man on a mission.

Taking left over corned beef hash to work with me. I can eat it when I feel hungry. Work is ideal for doing leftovers, I can easily warm stuff up in a microwave.
Good luck, Falcony. I am the resident champion for CO, it seems. I absolutely swear by the stuff. I do mess with other oils and combining but VCO is my one true SLD love.

~Outy

falconcy

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2008, 07:44:13 AM »

I'm using the unrefined coconut oil. Practically no taste. Feeling pretty stuffed right now. Not sure I want anything heavy when I get home in a couple of hours or so. Right now I crave fluids more than anything. Tea without milk and sugar plus water are on the agenda.

xtine

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2008, 07:51:41 AM »

I really like CO too--- at a previous time it was my main oil, and I've just started on the extra-virgin (nose-clipped and floated on water).  I feel really good on CO, I take that in the mornings and flax seed oil mixed into yogurt (nose-clipped) at night.  And I've started ACV the last few days too.
Glad you're a man on a mission falconcy!  You will get there, I'm sure.

mpq

• PA USA
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2008, 10:56:27 AM »

Hello Falconcy!
Gee, I miss your smiling picture! Why don't you post that picture of you in the suit? That was a great picture!

One tip that I am going to start is to serve a low cal soup with dinner. That really helps keep the calories in check. But I can't do that for a few days because my microwave caught fire last Thursday, (firemen and all :()and I only own 2 actual cooking pots. One very small, one medium. I have a new microwave ordered, though.
I am sure you will do just fine with the oil. You are very disciplined. And, you know how to diet and still eat well! That's a real talent!
Don't let home worries get in your way. If we don't take care of ourselves, we won't be around to help anyone!
Post your stats for us, OK? We will be cheering you on!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

falconcy

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2008, 12:15:54 AM »

Now that's a first, burning something in the microwave, never thought that possible  :lol: Blonde moment mpq? :D

I'm trying to get into a proper routine and discipline myself to the point that what I do is instinctive and not something I need to think about. Being able to keep occupied at work tends to keep me in a state of mind that doesn't think about food, though there are a couple of clients who were tending to sap up so much time and were a source of stress. Fortunately a change in the way we work highlighted this and strategies were put into place to deal with these clients as it was felt they were not being reasonable. This has enabled me to reduce the stress considerably. Today is a Friday, this will hopefully be a fairly quiet day as it usually is. A chance to relax a bit.

Food wise, I'm indifferent. I'm guessing it is A/S starting to kick in again. I'm almost down another notch on the belt, the one I'm on is a bit loose, the next one is a bit tight. Should be moving down again soon.

shovelqueen

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2008, 03:52:06 AM »

It's so great to hear about you getting your life and your health organized to a good place. You sound content! :D

"Strength, balance, joy!"

falconcy

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2008, 07:52:17 AM »

If anything, I feel a bit bloated when I am eating. Methinks I need to look at portion control again. Is it my imagination or is it easier to cook for two than for one? I'm eating quite healthy food, just likely more than I really need.

falconcy

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2008, 07:37:38 AM »

On my todo list for this week are getting into a routine where I take the oil regularly, try not to overcook (and subsequently overeat) plus getting some exercise. All of these issues are procrastination related issues, so I need to work on them. If it comes to it, I will go back onto the lemonade again. I need to push the weight down even further. Getting under 100kg by Christmas is top priority now.

falconcy

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2008, 03:33:29 PM »

I just made up a batch of balsamic strawberries, they were really delicious - even with frozen berries. I have some prunes marinating in the syrupy mix now. This got me thinking. We know the benefits of ACV and I believe a good balsamic vinegar (must be from Modena) would be just as beneficial. I'm wondering if mixing it with raw cane sugar (I'm using unrefined demerara) and using that in a similar way to sugar water/oil would work. I'm also planning on using it with veggies and fruit. There are chicken and fish recipes for it too. Might be time for a bit of self experimentation to go on.

Balsamic vinegar makes a really good salad dressing and a good marinade too. I'm thinking of playing around with it in cooking as well as trying it in an SLD manner.

shovelqueen

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2008, 06:27:01 PM »

Falconcy, as our resident foodie, you'd appreciate this.  When I was in Germany last month, we spent a whole day in an organic vinyard, picking grapes, eating lunch al fresco in the vinyard, then returning to the winery to follow the process through to the award-winning wines that this little place produces.  And they produce an award-winning organic Balsamic Vinegar.  I bought a bottle and brought it back home.  Our luggage held 5 bottles of really superior wines (hubbie's choices), a bottle of family made Austrian Obstler (apple/pear schnapps) and my bottle of balsamic vinegar.  I haven't opened it yet, but if you have some great recipe suggestions for it, I'd love to check them out!

We don't eat red meat at home, but anything else we would be game to try! :D

"Strength, balance, joy!"

VeganKitten

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2008, 07:02:02 PM »

I LOVE balsamic vinegar. That is all.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18