Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
oil tastes repulsive so why worry about taste?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: oil tastes repulsive so why worry about taste?  (Read 5092 times)

eclypz

oil tastes repulsive so why worry about taste?
« on: September 15, 2008, 03:23:13 PM »

Hey all,

I'll be posting an introduction shortly but I wanted to see if I could get a real quick answer.

The oil we consume should be as flavorless as possible so that the high calories from the oil and a pleasant taste is not associated, correct?

Well every time I gag down two tablespoons of olive oil, virgin or otherwise, all I can think of doing is throwing up. So the taste is nasty. So why should I be worried that I can taste it if the taste itself is repulsive to me? Is a repulsive taste still a taste?

karky

• Life is Good!
Re: oil tastes repulsive so why worry about taste?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 05:46:57 PM »

It's learning to like it that makes it a problem. "an acquired taste"
Like a strongly flavored vegetable, like brussel sprouts or spinach, that you don't like at first, but get to liking the flavor later.

Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

shovelqueen

Re: oil tastes repulsive so why worry about taste?
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 06:59:13 PM »

If it's that repulsive to you, you will eventually not be able to make yourself do it, and you will stop.  It's human nature.  By finding a way to take it that is tolerable, and flavourless, you have the best chance of making it a behavior you can maintain in the long term. 

I have only the slightest sense of the texture of my oil shot (and only if I'm not careful) and no sense at all of the taste.  It's pretty close to a non-event for me.  It's just a matter of finding the technique that makes that possible for you, and fits into your life the easiest. 

"Strength, balance, joy!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18