Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
The Obligatory Sniffling

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Obligatory Sniffling  (Read 13807 times)

Del

The Obligatory Sniffling
« on: September 08, 2008, 09:51:31 PM »

So, here returneth the prodigal daughter.  I freely admit that my postings have been . . . well, sporadic would be generous.  Non-existent, more accurate.  But I hopped on the scale this morning and realized I owed all of you an update.

Most specifically, I owe Seth an update.

I started this program in February of 2007.  I weighed 272 lbs.  I had a 46 inch waist.  I had 54 inch hips.

Since then, I've lost and gained an incredible amount.

I have lost 102 pounds.  I have lost 13 inches from my waist.  I have lost 16 inches from my hips.  I have lost 109 inches globally from arms, chest, waist, hips, thighs and calves.

I have lost 6 shirt sizes.  I have lost 8 pant sizes.  I have lost 8 dress sizes.  I have lost half a shoe size.  I have lost 10 points on both my systolic and diastolic blood pressure readings.  I have lost . . . well frankly, a ridiculous amount.

But what I've gained . . .

I've gained a better self-image.  I've gained flirtation from strangers.  I've gained compliments on more than my brain.  I've gained freedom from aching knees and ankles.  I've gained joy in the ability to move without effort.  I've gained a wardrobe that suits my personality, and my job (and that doesn't look like my maiden aunt designed it).  I've gained a life that's more than life of mind.

And I just wanted to tell y'all that.

I've reached goal weight.

I am 170 lbs and a size 10.  I'm 5'10" tall.  And finally, finally I look in the mirror in the mornings and I like what I see.  Not just don't hate it.  But like it.  Love it.  Adore it.

I'm here.  And I don't care what they say.  This is where the greener grass lives.  And I'm never going back.

Thank you so much, Seth.  I'd say you can't know how much you've changed my life, but since you probably get testimonials on a nigh-daily basis, you probably have an idea.  So I'll just say this.

My life is better for having stumbled across your book and tried it.  For having found these forums and read them.  For having met the people here who've done it and were doing it, too.

My life is better because you started something.

Yours,
Del

lvivianka

Re: The Obligatory Sniffling
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 09:54:40 PM »

CONGRATULATIONS!! that is wonderful news.

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 03:18:51 AM »

I am so happy for you Del, and I can't wait to be in your shoes! 8)
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

shovelqueen

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 03:58:43 AM »

Wow, Del!!  You sound so happy!!  I have cut and pasted your entire letter and emailed it off to my brother who is struggling to lose weight.  He has had a lapband for a year and a half now and has lost over 90 lbs, but still has about a hundred more to go.  Your inspirational words will help him to see where he's going and the joy in the process.  Thank you so much for checking back in. :D

"Strength, balance, joy!"

Heidi 555

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 10:10:36 AM »

Congratulations Del!  I am SO happy to hear of your success!  I have thought about you off and on.  I kept wondering how you were doing because you had been so successful on SLD.  Your post and results are moving and inspirational.  Thanks so much for coming back and updating us.  Could you give more of an update on what your routine has been in terms of oil, nose clipping, amount and types of food that you eat, etc.?  Also what are you doing for maintenance?  And do you have a before and after picture to share?  Any advice or wisdom to share?  Thanks.  You have been such an inspiration to so many people here.
It took 1 year of nose clipping
to lose 20 pounds (from about 140 to 120)
Dropped from size 8-10 to size 4
I'm 5' 4.5"

Read about my success nose clipping regular food instead of doing oil or sugar: http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=5903.

pennyp

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 11:43:24 AM »

Very cool! I'd also love to hear about what worked with your routine...

Stephen M (Ethesis)

• http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 08:05:01 PM »

I am so happy for you Del.  8)

so am I.

rps930

• Food For Fuel
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 05:02:04 PM »

It's so good to hear from you!! Our happy, happy Del, so proud for you and all the accomplishments you have experienced, great job! 

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 10:35:40 PM »

YAY!!  WELL DONE!! YAY!!  WELL DONE!!  YAY!!  WELL DONE!!

Victoria

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 11:36:45 AM »

Wow!!  That's just what I needed to hear today!  Congratulations and thank you for posting your story.   :D

habutler

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 08:49:46 AM »

I had to write and say THIS IS ME!! Or at least what I hope will be me.  I am 5'10", and I weighed 272 when I started--Monday, March 23rd.  I have lost about 5 pounds this week, but I don't know if it counts, because it is the same 5 pounds I have gained and lost repeatedly the last few months.
I have hope, which is great.  I am looking forward to further progress!
Heather

Clarinette

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2009, 10:12:37 AM »

Habutler,

Good luck and welcome to Shangri La :)

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2009, 10:17:15 AM »

welcome and good luck!!

Madeline

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2009, 05:38:37 PM »

Unbelievable. Thank you so much for sharing your story. I look forward to hearing your tips on what worked for you.

Stephen M (Ethesis)

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2009, 05:25:18 AM »

So, here returneth the prodigal daughter.  I freely admit that my postings have been . . . well, sporadic would be generous.  Non-existent, more accurate.  But I hopped on the scale this morning and realized I owed all of you an update.

Most specifically, I owe Seth an update.

I started this program in February of 2007.  I weighed 272 lbs.  I had a 46 inch waist.  I had 54 inch hips.

Since then, I've lost and gained an incredible amount.

I have lost 102 pounds.  I have lost 13 inches from my waist.  I have lost 16 inches from my hips.  I have lost 109 inches globally from arms, chest, waist, hips, thighs and calves.

I have lost 6 shirt sizes.  I have lost 8 pant sizes.  I have lost 8 dress sizes.  I have lost half a shoe size.  I have lost 10 points on both my systolic and diastolic blood pressure readings.  I have lost . . . well frankly, a ridiculous amount.

But what I've gained . . .

I've gained a better self-image.  I've gained flirtation from strangers.  I've gained compliments on more than my brain.  I've gained freedom from aching knees and ankles.  I've gained joy in the ability to move without effort.  I've gained a wardrobe that suits my personality, and my job (and that doesn't look like my maiden aunt designed it).  I've gained a life that's more than life of mind.

And I just wanted to tell y'all that.

I've reached goal weight.

I am 170 lbs and a size 10.  I'm 5'10" tall.  And finally, finally I look in the mirror in the mornings and I like what I see.  Not just don't hate it.  But like it.  Love it.  Adore it.

I'm here.  And I don't care what they say.  This is where the greener grass lives.  And I'm never going back.

Thank you so much, Seth.  I'd say you can't know how much you've changed my life, but since you probably get testimonials on a nigh-daily basis, you probably have an idea.  So I'll just say this.

My life is better for having stumbled across your book and tried it.  For having found these forums and read them.  For having met the people here who've done it and were doing it, too.

My life is better because you started something.

Yours,
Del

Congratulations!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18