Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
pleased yet horrified

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: pleased yet horrified  (Read 4323 times)

ShelleyB

• Proverbs 31 List
pleased yet horrified
« on: July 14, 2008, 05:51:55 AM »

I have now lost 8 lbs which brings me down to my pregnancy weight with daughter 10 years ago.

When I ballooned to 185 during pregnancy (55 lbs) I was just horrified. I had to work really hard to stay somewhat thin. It was a battle to just get 5-10 lbs off (I was lowfat/ high carb at the time)

185 is the weight where I gave up. I knew I would never really be able to get all of that weight off. I pretended that I would, but in my heart I knew.

For the past 10 years I bounced around from 179-166. I reached my lowest once I found low carb (153)...but I did not maintain at all.

I got pregnant again ...went up to 199...but I was taking better care of myself and the baby weight came off..back down to 176.

I hit a horribly emotional and stressful time in my life and stopped paying attention. Once I started paying attention, I was 193 (with no baby inside!)

So through LC this time I am down to my "give up" weight.....so I am pleased but horrified that I actually was as high as I was. I am happier here than at 193, but I see a long road ahead and I feel sad that I have to find joy in a weight that once scared me to death.

Onward and downward!

Thank you Seth...it is the oil that enables me to keep to the LC way of eating.  When I have slipped in the past, I would carb binge for the next few weeks and could not get back on track.  The AS provided by Shangri-la allows me the chance to get back on the wagon...where before it seemed like my food choices were an out of body experience (beyond my control)

Heidi 555

Re: pleased yet horrified
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 08:02:06 AM »

Great post Shelley.  I can relate to how you are integrating disparate emotions.
It took 1 year of nose clipping
to lose 20 pounds (from about 140 to 120)
Dropped from size 8-10 to size 4
I'm 5' 4.5"

Read about my success nose clipping regular food instead of doing oil or sugar: http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=5903.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18