Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
drinking less too

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: drinking less too  (Read 5486 times)

fatbear

drinking less too
« on: May 30, 2006, 06:11:48 PM »

I have just started to try this "diet" and  surprise! I crave less alcohol.  I'm wondering if this isn't a side benefit?  I usually have an afternoon martini... not helpful... but non the less a habit.   If this knocks that craving out, that alone is worth it.

Hun.e.b

Re: drinking less too
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 08:54:52 PM »

the thing I've noticed lately is that alcohol just doesnt taste as good anymore.  its only been 1 week for me.  I used to love to have a glass of wine at night and I just dont anymore. Doesnt taste good at all.

Denise

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 09:35:12 PM »

I like my red wine.  I live near vintner friends, and always have some at night.  It hasn't reduced it for me.  But it doesn't bring on food cravings as reported by some.

porkypine

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 07:42:38 AM »

This has happened for me, too. I live right above a good brewpub that brews their own beers, and there are several other good microbreweries within a few blocks of my house. So obviously I have gained a lot of weight recently by frequenting these places. I appreciate the reduced craving for beer, although I have found, as with others here, that after a few beers the appetite suppression effects of SLD disappear, unfortunately.

Since I am not drinking alone, there is a clear social effect going on, as with most alcohol. I feel like I will never get to my absolute ideal point, because I value so much the social experiences that come with having a pint with friends or my husband.

xt92879

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 07:30:18 AM »

the thing I've noticed lately is that alcohol just doesnt taste as good anymore.  its only been 1 week for me.  I used to love to have a glass of wine at night and I just dont anymore. Doesnt taste good at all.

Maybe you aren't drinking it right?! :)

j/k!

patsi

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 08:01:42 AM »

I am glad someone brought this up I thought it was just me. I usually love red wine but the taste has changed and I really don't want it anymore.
On the other hand food tastes so much better to me thankgoodness my appetite is suppressed. :D
patsi

Gregg

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 10:07:24 AM »

Not drinking less.  Not wanting to drink less.  Not finding that alcohol reduces the effect of the oil.

I have 2 to 4 drinks/day, either microbrew beer or red wine (or an occasional liquor drink).  Have done so throughout the three weeks on SLD, have still lost six pounds and am over 10% of the way to my goal of losing 55 pounds. 

The advantage of this method is I can lose weight while not feeling that I'm depriving myself. 

fatbear

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2006, 08:39:58 AM »

I am still in week one... I have lost 4 lbs.  I have had minimal alcohol... one martini Friday, and I almost didn't finish it.  I usually have two on Friday evenings, sort of a TGIF thing.  No wine on Saturday.  This is not an effort on my part, I simply have little interest.  I have a collection of high end wine, this is shocking :shock:.  I have a collection of high end single malt whiskey... some of it costing a bloody fortune and I loved the taste of it, as an occasional treat.  I haven't been attracted to it at all this week.  My diet has drastically altered with no extreme effort on my part at all.  The one thing I have noticed, ... lots of gas... :?.. but I think its because I'm eating lots of salads, etc.  I will gladly fart my way through life if I can ever fit a size 10 or less.  :lol:

SFGary

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 06:03:56 PM »

Not yet...I am like Denise, love the red wine. Well also the white, the french rose, and the sparkling wines :). But I am preparing myself to cut myself off ( or god forbid switch to non-alcohol wine) for a few months if the alcohol from the wine sabotages the effort. Which it might, depending on the quantity.

believer

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2006, 10:08:35 PM »

I decided to stop drinking wine for a while before beginning SLD, but I thought it would be difficult. It was instead so easy that I was astonished, but meanwhile I started with SLD.

Now I understand that it was the diet (2 tbs oil) to help my decision.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18