Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
No Success!!!!

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Success!!!!  (Read 2676 times)

nicolas

No Success!!!!
« on: May 31, 2006, 07:13:00 PM »

I have tried the sugar-water method (just can't take the spoonful of ELOO) for a week and I have had no success.  Not only have I lost no weight, but I am ravenous all the time....!!!!
Help,
Nicolas

Jane Ann

Re: No Success!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 07:40:50 PM »

Sugar water makes me ravenous.  I tried it once, never again.

I am using canola oil.  It has almost no flavor, and is easier to swallow (for many on this forum) than the extra light olive oil.

I am getting amazing appetite suppression from the canola oil.

I am a 50 year old female ; big time emotional and stress eater, with about 10 lbs to lose.

Good luck!   :D

mjohnson121

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 09:24:06 PM »

you should check out the Tips and Innovations thread for the methods that make the oil much easier/tasteless to swallow.

-Mark

frenata

• mustela frenata
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 03:14:39 AM »

First time I downed a jigger of oil, I very nearly brought it right back up. I wasn't at all sure I could handle it again, but I didn't want to drink sugar water. After the first couple of times, I got it down to an art. It doesn't faze me now.
Running weight tally:

Alpine

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 03:32:03 AM »

I have tried the sugar-water method (just can't take the spoonful of ELOO) for a week and I have had no success.  Not only have I lost no weight, but I am ravenous all the time....!!!!
Help,
Nicolas

Why not try taking the oil in water? At first taking the oil is difficult but after awhile you get used to it, though the taste sucks lemons. :-D

Sarah

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 06:10:00 AM »

Sugar water makes me ravenous too.  However, fructose water has a different effect.  I don't get the shakes and the appetite suppression is always there.  It can cause gas, so drink it slowly and begin with tiny doses to get your body used to it, if you decide to try it. 

porkypine

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 07:31:26 AM »

Did you read the book? In it, Seth mentions one person who went for seven weeks (on fructose water) without success before he started losing weight. Everybody seems to react a little differently. I would look around the boards for tips on how to take the oil, since sugar water does not seem to be working for you.

Hun.e.b

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 09:48:55 AM »

Sugar has always triggered cravings for me, and I've tried the sugar water the past 2 days and yes, it did make me feel a bit more hungry.  The oil works much better.  Putting it in a double shot glass with water in the bottom and layer the oil on top and it goes right down like nothing.  The water really helps! Give it a shot!

mamamilk

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 09:52:34 AM »

i did oil for the first 8 days then tried sugar and was so hungry! i still didnt eat that much because i was concious of it, but i can see that if i  did sugar too much i wouldnt have the same effect as the oil. id say try it. its not so bad..especially in a glass f cold water.
young momma to 2 amazing kids. E~ 3 and N~ 6 months..

nicolas

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2006, 04:29:54 PM »

Thanks to all for your replies. They are very helpful and I will give the oil ar try.
Nicolas

SFGary

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2006, 06:11:26 PM »

I guess I am one of the lucky ones - no problem with the oil. My suggestion would be to use the tablespoon approach but chase it with some cold water. Also try different oils. I started experimenting with grapeseed today and it seems less oily than canola.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18