Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Getting rid of sugar cravings

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting rid of sugar cravings  (Read 4090 times)

CUP4LA

Getting rid of sugar cravings
« on: June 17, 2008, 12:34:50 PM »

In order to combat the carb cravings I'm actually drinking.........drumroll please..................sugar water!! I'm doing while observing the two hour window AND in addition to the oil.

So I'm satisfying the craving while lowering my setpoint and ultimately ingesting less calories than I would have if I had chosen to satisfy the craving with a package of donuts from the vending machine (which in turn would lead to more trips to the vending machine and possibly a side trip to 7-11 for candy and ice cream).

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
Re: Getting rid of sugar cravings
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 02:20:28 AM »

I started SLD on sugar water, and that made me stop nibbling cookies and candy between meals. My problem was the 2 hour window.
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

CUP4LA

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 11:14:24 AM »

I'm still using this method with good success.

Justy to clarify, I take oil in the morning. SLD does not eliminate my cravings for sugar, but it had decreased them.  If I have a very strong sugar craving during the day, I satisfy it by dring sugar water (about 2-3 tablespoons) instead of eating processed junk food like donuts, cookies, candy etc.

If the craving just happens to occur 1 hour past my last meal, I will usually be able to follow the 2 hour window which gived the added benefit of lowered setpoint, but this is not a rule. The main goal is to simply satisfy the sugar craving by taking in less calories than I would otherwise by attacking the closest vending machine, convenience store, or kitchen cupboard.

Although I haven't tracked it, I would estimate that thsi method is successful in preventing me from carb binging about 85-90% of the time.

Jasmyn

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 09:09:02 AM »

That's great! I wish that worked for me. Sugar water just made me crave more sweets :(

CUP4LA

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 10:21:32 AM »

That's great! I wish that worked for me. Sugar water just made me crave more sweets :(

I find that many times if you drink sugar water right after a meal, you lock down that sensation of being stuffed.

Heidi 555

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 03:58:03 PM »

I find that many times if you drink sugar water right after a meal, you lock down that sensation of being stuffed.
That's a good way to put it.  I've been getting similar results with a spoonful of nose clipped honey.  How much sugar are you putting into your sugar water?  Is it super sweet or just mildly so?  I find I get much better results with concentrated sweetness as opposed to it being diluted in water or mixed with food. 
It took 1 year of nose clipping
to lose 20 pounds (from about 140 to 120)
Dropped from size 8-10 to size 4
I'm 5' 4.5"

Read about my success nose clipping regular food instead of doing oil or sugar: http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=5903.

Jasmyn

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 06:42:44 PM »

The cravings I would like to get rid of is the continual snacking after dinner. After dinner sometimes I just get really "hungry" and can't stop eating.

CUP4LA

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 10:08:12 PM »

That's a good way to put it.  I've been getting similar results with a spoonful of nose clipped honey.  How much sugar are you putting into your sugar water?  Is it super sweet or just mildly so?  I find I get much better results with concentrated sweetness as opposed to it being diluted in water or mixed with food. 

I use 2-3 tablespoons of sugar but I vary the amount of water to get the sweetmess just right.  The level of sweetness is on the high side but I wouldn't call it supersweet. It's sweeter than those flavored waters they sell at convenience stores. If the sweetness is too diluted, it has been my experience that the satiating effect is eithnon existent or quite decreased so I'm on board with the concentrated theory.

CUP4LA

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2008, 08:27:08 AM »

The method didn't work at all yesterday, but I gained no weight so It's all good.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18