Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
no period during SLD

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: no period during SLD  (Read 13716 times)

IndianGirl

no period during SLD
« on: June 17, 2008, 05:03:56 AM »

Hi all,

I started doing SLD about a couple of months ago, with coconut oil. I experienced an unfortunate side-effect--didnt get my period for the month I did SLD.   This really alarmed me. I am 34 years old and have never missed my period before. I stopped drinking the coconut oil and after about 20 days of stopping the oil, I got my period. Phewww!!!

Anybody else experienced this? Any suggestions?
Guess I cannot do SLD anymore (atleast not with oil) as it leads to an unfortunate side-effect for me.

Heidi 555

Re: no period during SLD
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 05:23:12 AM »

There are some women who mentioned that this happened to them.  But as I recall they were perimenopausal women and this was a welcome side benefit. 
It took 1 year of nose clipping
to lose 20 pounds (from about 140 to 120)
Dropped from size 8-10 to size 4
I'm 5' 4.5"

Read about my success nose clipping regular food instead of doing oil or sugar: http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=5903.

IndianGirl

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 09:14:52 AM »

Heidi, thanks for the reply.

SandyDown

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 11:15:41 AM »

How odd Indie, could it be the CO?? I remember you saying that CO affect period flow?

IndianGirl

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 11:38:30 AM »

Hey Sandy, good to hear from you! You also were having coconut oil in SLD, I remember. Did it affect your periods strongly? Any experiences?

I knew a little bit of coconut oil diminishes outflow during periods. But on SLD I was having about a  half tablespoon per day everyday, and my cycle got completely suspended!! scary!! 

SandyDown

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 11:56:12 AM »

Hey Sandy, good to hear from you! You also were having coconut oil in SLD, I remember. Did it affect your periods strongly? Any experiences?

I knew a little bit of coconut oil diminishes outflow during periods. But on SLD I was having about a† half tablespoon per day everyday, and my cycle got completely suspended!! scary!!†

Indie, I normally have heavy periods, I was having 1Tsp of CO, and I did notice less flow, last month I didn't take any CO oil, but took 2 capsules for which was MCT derived from CO mainly, my last period lasted 8 days  :lol:  so yes, I think it could be the CO,  I personally prefer less blood loss, so think will take the 1 Tsp again as well as the capsules.

btw: I saw new Palm oil in the Indian supermarket recently - looked at them, but decided to wait before buyin, you know am always worried that the stuff is refind or something... but Palm oils should be rich in MCTs too!!

IndianGirl

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 10:27:20 PM »

8 days!! gosh, thats long!

Sandy, do keep posting on how your coconut oil usage goes.

SandyDown

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 01:02:24 PM »

Hey Indie, I said I was going to take a break from experimenting.... but nooooooo just couldn't help myself  :lol:  I was trying some kind of low fat eating plan...OMG, I am such a determined person, and worked with every experiment diligently, however, I failed when it came to low fat experimen, this is something I just couldn't do, I had to quit after less than a week.... OMG I really don't understand how anyone can do low fat, my body suffered a trauma,   so yeh back to mod/high fat now... I sort of vow never to eat low fat again :lol:   

I donít drink CO regularly, but now you reminded me I should do it for the sake of having shorter periods.

multitasker

• Pharmacy Pacific
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2012, 11:35:37 AM »

Have you tried to ask a doctor? There are many other woman who used to have the same problem with you. But then, it is always better to ask professional.

adventurer

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2012, 08:35:07 PM »

Not all professionals know what they're doing, like not all surgeons operate on the correct foot

Try a different oil, or maybe u can see if ur pregnant.  Medication can stop periods. Having an extremely low body fat percentage can stop periods.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18