Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
19 pounds (195 to 176) in 11 weeks for 6'0" male

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 19 pounds (195 to 176) in 11 weeks for 6'0" male  (Read 9864 times)

bkbigfish

19 pounds (195 to 176) in 11 weeks for 6'0" male
« on: June 08, 2008, 01:28:35 AM »

I've done it - I've lost the slowly accumulated weight of 10-15 years (I haven't kept track) in 11 weeks with SLD.

I am a 34-year old 6'0" male who was a chubby adolescent, then a skinny high schooler and college student, but who slowly but surely gained about a pound a year afterward. I'm back to my slim college self, with little sense of deprivation or discipline.

I took ELOO 3 tablespoons once a day, and about 1 1/2 meals a day. It was probably easier in my case because I live alone, so I could choose my exposure to food. However, when in company I didn't really skimp too much, and despite some plateaus and stalling, overall my progress was remarkable. In fact, I plan on continuing, with a new goal of 170 pounds, to see if it gets harder. Eating one meal a day has become routine for me, and in fact on the days I eat two I feel a little bloated (and since I always eat out, I save money eating only once!).

I'm mildly surprised that few people are posting their success these days. Has the initial excitement died down? Are people still quietly losing?

The more complete progress reports are here: http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=6188.0

To summarize, though, you must experiment with ELOO or SW dosages until you've hit the AS - this is key, don't skimp on the oil or sugar water - when you hit the AS, you'll know it. ELOO seems to be accompanied with some odd and sometimes intense hunger pangs, that aren't even relieved with food, but they're not the same "need food or will die" hunger pangs that I used to have. I have a history of diabetes in my family, and before SLD I would sometimes feel intense starvation and even dizziness after just three or four hours with food, but today I can go an entire day, if need be, with just some fruit juice and water (not that I recommend it, but it's amazing to note that it is possible).

Others may not be supportive, they may even scoff, but know this - SLD works, and it works wonders.

Just a last note, though - with SLD or without, you must eat less to lose weight, and you may be unpleasantly surprised at first to realize how much less you have to eat to lose as quickly as you would like. However, once you gain the habit of eating less, it will soon (within a month or so) become unpleasant to eat more, and eating less and losing weight will simply become part of your new lifestyle.

Tandoori Trilobite

• Aspiring gutless wonder
Re: 19 pounds (195 to 176) in 11 weeks for 6'0" male
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 02:42:34 AM »

Congratulations on your loss, bkbigfish!  That was short, but very sweet -- so quick that you didn't have time to get past a single-digit post count along the way.  :)

My experience was that it was difficult to get other people to take SLD seriously until the results became visibly unmistakable -- and then you might find yourself asked by people to explain how you did it.  You have to make it clear to people that the oil has no fat-burning qualities, and that it's simply an aid to losing weight the old-fashioned way: by reducing your intake.

Heidi 555

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 07:10:05 AM »

Congratulations on reaching your goal so easily and efficiently! 

I'm mildly surprised that few people are posting their success these days. Has the initial excitement died down? Are people still quietly losing?
I achieved my initial goal of 10 pounds easily.  But then like you I revised my goal.  Now I'm attempting to lose another 10.  SLD is working but it's much, much slower.  I think the body adapts to SLD, and also the thinner you get the more the body wants to hold onto its last little bits of fat.  This might not be as hard for men, though.

with little sense of deprivation or discipline
That's the best part of SLD "dieting" - it just doesn't FEEL like a diet.
It took 1 year of nose clipping
to lose 20 pounds (from about 140 to 120)
Dropped from size 8-10 to size 4
I'm 5' 4.5"

Read about my success nose clipping regular food instead of doing oil or sugar: http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=5903.

mbk1382

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 10:18:56 AM »

Congratulation bkbigfish,

I started April 18th and lost 3 lbs the first week, the following 2 weeks were less but also great. I thought I would reach my goal of losing about 23 lbs in about 12 weeks but things slowed down and it looks like it will take more that 20 weeks.

How did you weight loss go? did you loss weight at a steady rate or...

Best of luck on your new goal.

Started SLD May 08, restarted April 2013

bkbigfish

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 11:41:05 PM »

Thanks to all for the congratulatory messages. It sure feels great.

I kept a daily weight journal, using one of the Tanita Body Fat Monitor Scale thingies - so I can see the plateau effect, sort of.

However, and I think this is why it was so easy for me, and so hard for many other people, I rarely exposed myself to food. I live alone, so I don't keep snacks or solid food around, so it takes effort to eat, so I often say, "Well, I'm not really hungry, I just feel like munching, I might as well just eat tomorrow." I imagine this is immensely hard to do when you have a hungry family about, or a hungry friend or lover - when my mom visited, we ate three square a day, no avoiding that with a concerned mother around, and I regained a little weight (although I moderated portions, so it wasn't that bad).

Bottom line, if you just avoid food, and only eat when you really feel that you're hungry, not just "peckish" or feel like munching (if you have the urge for taste, I suggest tea, coffee, gum, even some sugar water - in fact, sugar water combined with ELOO, at different times, seems to work best), then it's remarkably easy to lose.

On the other hand, if you eat just because it's a mealtime, or because other people around you are eating, plus add the calories from the ELOO or SW, you can fool yourself into believing you'll never lose. When I did, I regained weight. In fact, it was freakishly easy at times. For example, after I reached my goal, I decided to celebrate with what I didn't believe was too much - a McDonald's double cheeseburger meal, some popcorn and iced tea, some beer, and more popcorn (at a bar, of all places) - and at my next weigh-in, I had gone up 5 pounds!

A lot of that was water weight or just the bulk of the food itself, of course, but still, it freaked me out. However, it was easy to take off again, and more (I just weighed in at 174 pounds), by simply eating my one meal and one ELOO "snack" a day, and the rest of the time avoiding restaurants and hungry people. SLD makes it easy for you to not eat, but it doesn't stop you from eating once there's food in front of you, or nearby.

I do suggest vitamins, though, definitely when you're only eating one restaurant meal a day - I take Centrum - and I suggest keeping busy.

As I mentioned before, the diet really takes little time, and eating is so easy, particularly since much of the time your stomach does feel empty (but without hunger pangs), a signal to most of us that we need the balance (or ballast) or comfort or pleasure of food. During my 11 weeks, I took two vacations, one with my mom, quit my job, moved to the Philippines, started a new job, fixed up my new apartment, and adjusted to life in a new country. Stressful in one sense, but immensely distracting from food in another.

I suspect, but I have no hard proof, that hobbies, solitary sports (group sports, I think, usually encourage celebratory drinks and food afterward), video games, engrossing literature, would all substitute as "distractions from food."

On the other hand, I can't really complain, even with the plateaus and backtracking. My journey was short and sweet, but even if it had taken 2 or 3 times as long, it took 10 years to put it on, so 6 months or 1 year is not unreasonable to take it off. I expect the next 6 pounds to come off in a couple of months, but even if it takes longer, I know that, for the rest of my life, I can slowly reach and maintain virtually any weight I want, with little discipline or deprivation, just a little ELOO or SW a day.

Looked at that way, isn't SLD-enhanced life beautiful?

bkbigfish

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 12:19:04 PM »

Just a quick update. I just hit the scales today at 165 pounds!

That was sort of my secondary goal, which I wasn't sure I was even going to try for. In fact, it just kind of happened. I'm not taking the oil these days, yet the AS continues. Not sure why. So I keep losing weight. I don't think I should go any lower, though, so I'm going to start eating a bit more.

Coincidentally, this marks almost exactly a year since I started.

edwardmiller

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 12:40:49 AM »

Awesome.  Glad to hear it worked so well for you.   Some very good tips in your posts too.

Started 3/21/2009
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18